TRIUMPH breaks free from dock in Mobile, AL

mibond007

Did someone curse this cruise line?

Who did Carnival piss off? It's just keeps getting worse and worse.. I can here it now~ " Worried about Carnival cruise safety..They can't even tie up the ships correctly"

I don't even know how to defend it anymore..:confused:

Great, more cancelled cruises. At least nobody can blame this on Carnival. BAE's going to be stroking a pretty big check for that...

My thoughts exactly. If the ship is in BAE's control, then wouldn't they be responsible???

I wonder how many lines they had out??? Those things are huge and normally there are at least 9 lines out.

Local news reported that recorded gusts were up to 71 mph at the Battleship Parkway just less than a mile way. Reports are that there are some bodies in the water so some of the workers may have been hurt. Sounds like itt hit a dredge in the canal as it was being ripped out of it moorings. Pretty amazing that a ship of this size was not morred more securely by BAE. Somebody is going to be in big trouble.

So...How exactly is this Carnival's fault?

No one said it was Carnival's fault, just seems to be a continuation of the lousy luck that has fallen upon their ships lately. I like celticd1's explanation: they renamed one of their ships. ;)

Local news reported that recorded gusts were up to 71 mph at the Battleship Parkway just less than a mile way. Reports are that there are some bodies in the water so some of the workers may have been hurt. Sounds like itt hit a dredge in the canal as it was being ripped out of it moorings. Pretty amazing that a ship of this size was not morred more securely by BAE. Somebody is going to be in big trouble.

Yeah there were strong winds we had a bad storm come through so honestly it probably was not something they could control, I just thought everyone would like to see it.

I am not familiar with ship terms and technology. Can someone please explain in simple English what and how this happened ? Is it just those giant ropes getting loose? Does that mean that is what keeps the ship docked at the port and that without them, the ship would always be in motion? What about brakes, like you have on cars and planes?

Archived