TRIUMPH breaks free from dock in Mobile, AL

mibond007

Not really. Ships get gashes like that all the time. As long as there is no damage to the underlying structure, they just cut out the steel and weld in a new piece.

It is however right on a corner so there may be bigger problems underneath.

NBC News showed a hole punched in the hull and another pretty good size dent.

Obviously the nukes in North Korea were more important, they just seem to enjoy beating the dead horse that is CCL. :cool:

Unfortunately, CCL has become the Lindsay Lohan of the travel industry. And we all know how much press that train wreck (sorry, ship wreck) gets!

:(

http://www.wkrg.com/story/21872087/breaking-carnival-triumph-breaks-loose-from-dock

Triumph broke free from the dock in Mobile and was floating across river. somehow in breaking free it sustained damage. I live in Mobile, thought everyone would want to see this.

Here's the way I look at this one. It wasn't Carnivals fault this time. I guess the dock workers didn't have the ship secured in the high winds.

I just got my group of 28 calmed down after the Dream and here we go again. You're killing me Carnival......more splaining to do. :eek:

I’ m getting really sick and tired of the media reporting anything negative thing they can come up with about Carnival. This stupid HEADLINE story about the Triumph is incredible. Give me a break. The thing was in the shipyard! Plus the headline I first came across made it should like the ship broke free and took two people with it. The guys were from the shipyard and not on the ship.

A little while ago the BREEZE assisted a person who had a heart attack on a sail boat, and another who was suffering from separate symptoms on the same boat so that they both had to come off. They directly assisted these two sailors and I bet most people never even heard of it. Too positive I guess.

So it seems that all the media is interested in is negative stories, even if they have to twist the details to make it sound worse than it is. All that does is lead to a bunch of people who know nothing at all about ships, or cruising or the cruise industry to post misguided comments.

So if you read these stories and don’t think you want to cruise then DON’T. But before you decide to pass up the cruise experience, be sure you know what you are talking about.

If you look in the dictionary under Bad Luck, there is now a photo of Carnival's Triumph.

Honestly folks, if mooring a ship was so complicated, why was the Triumph the only ship adrift. It's not rocket science but it sure is more bad luck for Carnival...........and the cargo ship it ran into.

Good grief. I can't believe people are now blaming the weather on Carnival. When will the media and social insanity insanity stop.

We cruised in 2001 and one of the stops was New Orleans. While in port, a wicked storm came through and the rush of the river knocked out ship off it's moorings. But with a little effort, they got it put back in place for us to get back onboard.

This story is getting way too much publicity than it deserves.

Newsflash: Man who cruised on Carnival Triumph in 2005 dies in car wreck in Idaho.

I’ m getting really sick and tired of the media reporting anything negative thing they can come up with about Carnival. This stupid HEADLINE story about the Triumph is incredible. Give me a break. The thing was in the shipyard! Plus the headline I first came across made it should like the ship broke free and took two people with it. The guys were from the shipyard and not on the ship.

A little while ago the BREEZE assisted a person who had a heart attack on a sail boat, and another who was suffering from separate symptoms on the same boat so that they both had to come off. They directly assisted these two sailors and I bet most people never even heard of it. Too positive I guess.

So it seems that all the media is interested in is negative stories, even if they have to twist the details to make it sound worse than it is. All that does is lead to a bunch of people who know nothing at all about ships, or cruising or the cruise industry to post misguided comments.

So if you read these stories and don’t think you want to cruise then DON’T. But before you decide to pass up the cruise experience, be sure you know what you are talking about.

Carnival is making it far too easy for the Media right now. Honestly, right now Carnival is a joke in Newsrooms. It's just their turn. DH called about this when it hit the wires.

About 5 years ago Good Morning America was all over Royal Caribbean.

So I wonder how long the free cruise will be for the dozens of workers that were "Stranded" on the ship after it broke free?

My guess is;

Full days pay,

Additional day pay for every hour they were "Stranded"

$500 for any that had to go to the bathroom and could not find the way because the ship was a drift

Plus they all get raises

If you look in the dictionary under Bad Luck, there is now a photo of Carnival's Triumph.

Honestly folks, if mooring a ship was so complicated, why was the Triumph the only ship adrift. It's not rocket science but it sure is more bad luck for Carnival...........and the cargo ship it ran into.

Could be more of the cutbacks we keep hearing about...using less mooring lines....;)

The Triumph is now safely tied up to the cruise terminal across the river from the drydock that it broke loose from. On our 6:00 PM news it was said that the man is still missing and that the Coast Guard was continuing to search for him. They announced that the ship that the Triumph hit is not showing any damage but thhe . There are pictures at this link that show the damage to the Triumph. http://interactives.fox10tv.com/photomojo/gallery/6771/1/cruise-ship-on-the-loose/cruise-ship-on-the-loose/

I'm not sure why you think a runaway 893 foot 101,000 ton cruise ship that crosses the Mobile River and crashes into another ship is not news worthy. It would be news worthy whether it was a cruise ship or a freighter. By the way, the Coast Guard initially reported those as workers. They never said they weren't on the ship. How else would you have interpreted that statement. All this stress over your favorite cruiseline is not good for you. Relax.

Archived