Does alone in a suite count as four cruises?

Wehwalt

Don't worry, I'm not crazy, just contemplating doing one of those one or two days sailings on the West Coast in September to try to boost my status to Elite before doing the long sailings I have late this year and next. I figure that by going, say, from Seattle to Vancouver to SF/LA, I can have an enjoyable few days sampling the suite life and get to Elite. So will it count 4x if I am both solo and in a suite (I figure the total will be under a thousand dollars if anyone is measuring me for a straitjacket :D )

Don't worry, I'm not crazy, just contemplating doing one of those one or two days sailings on the West Coast in September to try to boost my status to Elite before doing the long sailings I have late this year and next. I figure that by going, say, from Seattle to Vancouver to SF/LA, I can have an enjoyable few days sampling the suite life and get to Elite. So will it count 4x if I am both solo and in a suite (I figure the total will be under a thousand dollars if anyone is measuring me for a straitjacket :D )

Don't know the answer to that but if you're doing those two itineraries back to back, they'd be in violation of the PVSA unless you're staying in Vancouver for a day or two in between.

As mentioned above, solo in a suite gives you three cruise credits.

Seattle to Vancouver to LA or SF would be illegal if done on a continous cruise. If they are two different cruises on different ships, that is fine.

As mentioned above, solo in a suite gives you three cruise credits.

Seattle to Vancouver to LA or SF would be illegal if done on a continous cruise. If they are two different cruises on different ships, that is fine.

Yeah, it is possible to do it with a night in Vancouver in between (I like the Delta). I think I'll check with the FCC on my upcoming sailing.

So you're going to spend how much for a suite just to get to elite to get free laundry and a mini-bar setup? Yes the breakfast in Sabatinis for suite passengers is a great pek, but IMHO the expense for the suite to get to elite quicker is just not worth it.

So you're going to spend how much for a suite just to get to elite to get free laundry and a mini-bar setup? Yes the breakfast in Sabatinis for suite passengers is a great pek, but IMHO the expense for the suite to get to elite quicker is just not worth it.

Really wasn't thier question, was it?

Clearly someone that would consider this isn't all that conserned with money and are more interested in the perks they will receive by achieving the status.

Expendable income means something different to everyone. There are people around here that crusie 2 or 3 times (or even more) per year. I feel pretty lucky to go every 18 months or so. Again, expendable income means something different to each of us. No reason to judge how others choose to spend thier money.

Really wasn't thier question, was it?

Clearly someone that would consider this isn't all that conserned with money and are more interested in the perks they will receive by achieving the status.

Expendable income means something different to everyone. There are people around here that crusie 2 or 3 times (or even more) per year. I feel pretty lucky to go every 18 months or so. Again, expendable income means something different to each of us. No reason to judge how others choose to spend thier money.

Or it's really important for them to have "Elite" status!

I'd like to try it just once. I do not have the financial wherewithal to try a suite regularly. A one or two day cruise seems like the ideal. Keep in mind that I probably won't be using up all my OBC on this cruise and so will get checks back.

And yeah, I'd rather have Elite status at the end of this year before embarking on that long trip last year.

I'd like to try it just once. I do not have the financial wherewithal to try a suite regularly. A one or two day cruise seems like the ideal. Keep in mind that I probably won't be using up all my OBC on this cruise and so will get checks back.

And yeah, I'd rather have Elite status at the end of this year before embarking on that long trip last year.

Then go for it and have a wonderful time

May I ask which two cruises you are interested in. This is something that I also have considered but haven't worked out the technical issues. I'd love to spend a few days in Vancouver, as well.

Correct info...yes, you will recieve six (2 x 3) credits for solo in two suites. But if you only need 5 credits, then find the cheaper suite and do the other one solo (2 + 3). Four credits for two solo voyages in a regular cabin.

A friend and I am are doing the Star, overnighting in Vancouver and in a Window Suite done to LA.

Renee

Archived