Quebec airport to terminal transportation?

There is a bus

http://www.aeroportdequebec.com/en/to-and-from-the-airport/public-transport/

But for about $35 a taxi is far less hassle ;)

Looking at that bus route and times, it appears to be strictly an express bus for commuters/airport workers, i.e. going to the airport in the morning and from the airport in the evening. And it only brings you to a suburban terminus - you still have to transfer to another bus to take you down to the terminal (and actually, you'd need to transfer twice). I do not consider this a viable option for tourists trying to transfer from the airport to the cruise port/hotels. Take a taxi.

Looking at that bus route and times, it appears to be strictly an express bus for commuters/airport workers, i.e. going to the airport in the morning and from the airport in the evening. And it only brings you to a suburban terminus - you still have to transfer to another bus to take you down to the terminal (and actually, you'd need to transfer twice). I do not consider this a viable option for tourists trying to transfer from the airport to the cruise port/hotels. Take a taxi.

I agree

The OP asked for cheaper methods

Cheaper is not always better

• 3 months later...

Will there be taxis available at 5:00 AM at the cruise ship terminal or should this be arranged the day before? As my ship will be arriving the day before, will there be any problem getting off the ship early in the morning for an 8:00 am flight? How long do you think it will take departing the ship and going through customs, etc, finding a taxi and then driving to the airport? thanks very much for any info! Vicki

Will there be taxis available at 5:00 AM at the cruise ship terminal or should this be arranged the day before? As my ship will be arriving the day before, will there be any problem getting off the ship early in the morning for an 8:00 am flight? How long do you think it will take departing the ship and going through customs, etc, finding a taxi and then driving to the airport? thanks very much for any info! Vicki

You need to contact your cruise line, you will need to make special arrangements to debark that early due to customs.

that's a good point. I've previously contacted the cruise line and was told that I could disembark at any time, providing I paid my bill (duh) and advised them on the first day that I'd be leaving early. but they really didn't say anything about customs, whether or not they'd be open or required, etc, so sounds like another call is in order. if it's true, that customs is not an issue, any idea if taxis will be available at an early hour? or how long a drive it is to the Quebec airport? thanks again, Vicki

I believe you clear Immigration at the 1st Canadian port

Customs would be done at that point as well

I would probably prebook a taxi or have the reception desk call one for you when you are ready to disembark

I believe you clear Immigration at the 1st Canadian port

Customs would be done at that point as well

I would probably prebook a taxi or have the reception desk call one for you when you are ready to disembark

You only clear customs at the end of the cruise. You do clear immigration at your first stop within a country.

For instance, on a Montreal-to-NYC trip you clear immigration in Bar Harbor but customs is in NYC.

I can't help with taxi info that early, the drive iirc is roughly 35 minutes.

thanks for the replies and information. HAL is still stating that early departures are done all the time and that customs is available 24 hours in Quebec City. hope this works out as the airline has changed my flight (for the 5th time), now leaving 8:00 am.

thanks for the replies and information. HAL is still stating that early departures are done all the time and that customs is available 24 hours in Quebec City. hope this works out as the airline has changed my flight (for the 5th time), now leaving 8:00 am.

Get written confirmation from HAL, and talk to the front desk when you board. That way there are no surprises - Seattle (HAL headquarters) is often poor on relaying info to the ship.

• 1 month later...

I plan on departing early too.We don't leave until 2014 so can you post when you get back how it all went? thank and have a great cruise.

• 1 month later...

How did getting off early work? Thanks.

Get written confirmation from HAL, and talk to the front desk when you board. That way there are no surprises - Seattle (HAL headquarters) is often poor on relaying info to the ship.

If you are overnight in the port onboard, just ignore what HAL headquarters tells you. Last year on the Eurodam there were several passengers complaining about the same issue(HAL and TA had told them they could just walk off). We arrived on Monday morning and the cruise ended on Tuesday and everyone disembarked then.

There will NOT be any customs/immigration officials available until your schedule disembarkation day. It's just like every other port the ship is cleared for arrival, 1st day you are able to go ashore and take excursions.

Passengers are NOT permitted to disembark with thier luggage there are no customs/border agents on duty. On your schedule disemarkation day you'll discover the terminal is arrange with booths set up and you go thought immgration at that time.

If you are overnight in the port onboard, just ignore what HAL headquarters tells you. Last year on the Eurodam there were several passengers complaining about the same issue(HAL and TA had told them they could just walk off). We arrived on Monday morning and the cruise ended on Tuesday and everyone disembarked then.

There will NOT be any customs/immigration officials available until your schedule disembarkation day. It's just like every other port the ship is cleared for arrival, 1st day you are able to go ashore and take excursions.

Passengers are NOT permitted to disembark with thier luggage there are no customs/border agents on duty. On your schedule disemarkation day you'll discover the terminal is arrange with booths set up and you go thought immgration at that time.

I do want to get off the ship early ,but the scheduled day of disembarking.I just want an early plane departure.Do you know when they opened the first passengers to get off the ship? thanks for all your help.

I do want to get off the ship early ,but the scheduled day of disembarking.I just want an early plane departure.Do you know when they opened the first passengers to get off the ship? thanks for all your help.

Our disembarkation started at 6:30am with self disembarkation (walk off with your luggage) followed by the traditional colours/numbers being called every 30 minutes.

There will be plenty of taxi's in the stand outside of the terminal and there is a line up with someone coordinating it and it moves fast.

Just after getting your luggage it's taxis on one side busses on the other side.

Well organized.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We just took a cruise that ended in Quebec on October the 5th. We spent an extra night in Quebec. I wish I had been able to take the time to do a second night there, but we had to return home. The taxi to the airport from the hotels or the pier have a flat rate. I think it was $34.95 (a bit under $35). Most of the taxi's took credit cards I believe as well.

Hello,

We just took a cruise that ended in Quebec on October the 5th. We spent an extra night in Quebec. I wish I had been able to take the time to do a second night there, but we had to return home. The taxi to the airport from the hotels or the pier have a flat rate. I think it was $34.95 (a bit under $35). Most of the taxi's took credit cards I believe as well.

Do you know if anyone was able to get off early the morning of debarkation?

Passengers are NOT permitted to disembark with their luggage there are no customs/border agents on duty. On your schedule disemarkation day you'll discover the terminal is arrange with booths set up and you go thought immgration at that time.

Disembarked on Oct12th from the Eurodam. To my surprise there was not a customs official in sight. We completed a signed declaration onboard, and declared our American purchases but were warned that any additional onboard purchase "could" be subject to duty.

Marilyn

Disembarked on Oct12th from the Eurodam. To my surprise there was not a customs official in sight. We completed a signed declaration onboard, and declared our American purchases but were warned that any additional onboard purchase "could" be subject to duty.

Marilyn

thanks so much for this info. did you get off early that morning and were there taxis available?

Archived