Rain in E. Caribbean

tizzylizz

Finally got a glance of the first few days of our cruise we are taking next week and it is showing rain at all the ports. :( :(

What is the rain like in the Carribean? Is it like Florida and pour down for several minutes and then clear up the rest of the day OR will it be rainy the whole day?

Just wondering...thanks!

Finally got a glance of the first few days of our cruise we are taking next week and it is showing rain at all the ports. :( :(

What is the rain like in the Carribean? Is it like Florida and pour down for several minutes and then clear up the rest of the day OR will it be rainy the whole day?

Just wondering...thanks!

Keep in mind many tropical islands have rain/rain showers every day .

Just wondering...thanks!

Sometimes it rains for just an hour and sometimes you have rain all day. We have experienced both. Most of the time it just rains off and on. Don't worry about it, though. We have been many times during this time of the year and have rarely had our days spoiled entirely by rain. Take those very small folded up ponchos in your bag and stay positive! Enjoy the Reflection!

Likely, it will rain for a few minutes and the sun will return and bring along humidity. :)

We love Caribbean weather and this time of year, you should have great weather with some showers here and there. Those showers can be tropical, of course, but it is afterall, 'the tropics'. :)

Have a great cruise.

Try not to worry about it... she said.. ;). You are on vacation and cannot control the weather. Hope for the best, expect that you might get less than the best, and carry on. :)

Have been to the Caribbean many times (DH is from St. Lucia) and have seen all of the described above - constant downpours, flash flooding in the streets, rain for 5 minutes and then beautiful sunny skies. You can't control it, you can't fight it, just go with it... :)

Thanks everyone....Yes, I plan to still enjoy the cruise. At least it will be warm...rain is so much more tolerable when it is warm. :)

Was kind of just wondering if I need to through in a rain ponch or something.

Thanks everyone....Yes, I plan to still enjoy the cruise. At least it will be warm...rain is so much more tolerable when it is warm. :)

Was kind of just wondering if I need to through in a rain ponch or something.

I keep the thin cheapie dollar store ponchos in our bag. We've never needed them but I figure in a really wet situation they may or may not be better then nothing.

Just like AmativeDame, we pack those clear sports ponchos and they barely take any room. When I am on vacation, especially in the Caribbean, a little water does not stop me. Most of my Caribbean experience had been during the summer months where very similar to Florida, it will rain hard for 15 minutes then clear to sunny skies again. This may occur a few times each day but honestly, if you are prepared, who cares. Have a great cruise.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Just one Island, but probably similar on all. Last year in the USVI our tour guide stated.. It always rains somewhere on the islands every day. Just luck I guess whether or not it's where you are!! :)

BTW - first time in USVI it rained the whole day!! Didn't keep us from going back though!! :D

Keep cruising... Weather will be good somewhere !! ;)

Archived