Can my daughter and her friend book a cruise....

Here's the deal. The girl's (DD 20 & BFF 21) had plans to go on vaca this summer, things have fallen through and now they are scrambling to find new ones. They have airline tickets bought and can change them but not return them.

Wondering if they'd be allowed to book a cruise?? Here is what I found but it could be read differently, tell me how you read it and if you know if they can book. Yes they'd share a cabin.

"No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing."~~~RCI website

Here's the deal. The girl's (DD 20 & BFF 21) had plans to go on vaca this summer, things have fallen through and now they are scrambling to find new ones. They have airline tickets bought and can change them but not return them.

Wondering if they'd be allowed to book a cruise?? Here is what I found but it could be read differently, tell me how you read it and if you know if they can book. Yes they'd share a cabin.

"No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing."~~~RCI website

Should be no problem. All you need is one 21 year old in the stateroom.

Awesome....was hoping that was how I was reading it!! They wanted to go to MX but they don't have passports so that nixed that idea but I told them they could get a day in MX on a cruise, then I started thinking "uh oh could they actually do it?" :o

Thanks for the quick replies!! Now to throw some port ideas at them, I wish I was going with them.

Also just make sure since they don't have passports that they each have their "Certified" birth certificates...They will have a blast...just remind them to be safe...:):cool:

Thanks everyone....I know every parent says this but they are responsible, good girls!! I am certain they will have a blast!! I started looking around and like I told DD by the time you pay for a hotel, food and entertainment you might just as well cruise. DD looked at me like "huh?"

DD has been on one cruise so she knows what to expect to a point, I know she totally enjoyed it, both my kids still look at the pictures and request another one. Wish I could fulfill their requests....maybe someday soon?

Thanks everyone....I know every parent says this but they are responsible, good girls!! I am certain they will have a blast!! I started looking around and like I told DD by the time you pay for a hotel, food and entertainment you might just as well cruise. DD looked at me like "huh?"

DD has been on one cruise so she knows what to expect to a point, I know she totally enjoyed it, both my kids still look at the pictures and request another one. Wish I could fulfill their requests....maybe someday soon?

I believe it! My own are very level headed, and I think we see the 30-40 % of kids (in surveys)acting out and sneaking around and we paint the other 60-70% with the same brush...but some kids aren't into stuff they re not supposed to be, just because its not the way they want to live! DD 18 recently had Noro and said to me "I can't believe anyone would want to drink to get this way";) I think some kids just "wise up" sooner and some take until their 4os;):p

Hope DD and her friend have a blast!

Archived