MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

I would LOVE to do this one. Makes the couple of cold sea days worthwhile and you can get to the Caribbean in the winter without flying. Have to see what the price is and save up!

8-day Exotic Eastern Caribbean to San Juan, Puerto Rico from New York, NY

2015: 02/13/2015

Day 1 New York, NY 4:00 PM

Day 2 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 3 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 4 Grand Turk 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 5 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 6 Antigua 10:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 7 St. Kitts, WI 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 8 St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Day 9 San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 AM

 8-day Exotic Eastern Caribbean to New York, NY from San Juan, Puerto Rico

2015: 02/21/2015

Day 1 San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:00 PM

Day 2 St. Kitts, WI 10:00 AM 8:00 PM

Day 3 Antigua 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 4 St. Thomas, USVI 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Day 5 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 6 Grand Turk 8:00 AM 2:00 PM

Day 7 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 8 "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Day 9 New York, NY 8:00 AM

Well since these are 1 way sailings you would have to do both cruises back to back in order to avoid flying either to or from San Juan. Must say it looks very tempting if I can fit it into my budget & it is just 1 month before my husband's 65th birthday!

We're going on Splendor next Friday 5/17.

Edited by absolutely brilliant

The pool at Grand Turk belongs to the Cruise Center - not Margaritaville - that's why there is no charge. The chairs on the beach belong to the Cruise Center as well. There is a charge for the Flo Rider. We were on the Miracle the last time we did this itinerary (GT, HMC & Nassau) and on the Legend when we did (San Juan, St Thomas and Tortola) Now we are sailing on the Splendor - looking forward to it! We've got an aft wrap!

Thanks Kath.. I sooo wanna do pool/beach @ Grand Turk it looks AMAZING!! Going to try to talk the DH over the w/e into doing the Splendor. Can't wait to see your review/pics on your trip. Will you be posting while you are cruising?

Thanks Kath.. I sooo wanna do pool/beach @ Grand Turk it looks AMAZING!! Going to try to talk the DH over the w/e into doing the Splendor. Can't wait to see your review/pics on your trip. Will you be posting while you are cruising?

I'll definitely be posting pics, but probably just to Facebook. There are links in my sig to my ZenFolio pics from the Legend and the Miracle cruises. If I post pics - that's where they will be - other than on Facebook.

we went to Gran Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. We enjoyed the ship very much. As many said on here, the layout of the decks is confusing, but after a couples of days, you get used to it, since some of the decks dont go all the way through. Deck 5 is your best bet to walk the entire ship and that's where most of the activity is anyway.

Food was great. I mean there were times I chose something to eat and it wasnt to my taste, so I picked something else to eat. I definitely didnt starve.

My complaint is the buffet and how it's layed out. they pretty much placed everything on one section and there were always lines for every single buffet line. they put the salad bar and the hot food on the same line, so if i just wanted something from the hot bar, i had to wait at the end of the line, unless someone nicely let me cut just to get a bowl of soup.

we always had wonderful service in the dining room. our waiter was fantastic and ALWAYS gave us extra plates. He once gave me 3 servings of the sushi platter and I didnt complain.

Mongolian Wok is delicious, always a long line, but definitely worth it. I caught it the last 2 days.

Did the Chef's Table and that was a wonderful experience. The chef has only been on this ship for 2 weeks and he will continue on. You are definintely in good hands.

Shows were just ok. I liked Vroom, but the other 2 production shows were just ok. Comedian Eddie Capone was funny. he was the only one I caught at the Punchliner comedy show. he is a riot.

hmmm any other info? there is so much too tell!

I heard ther are 2 formal nights on this cruise. Can you confrm that is correct? Thanks.

Well, to elegant nights anyway. Carnival doesn't do formal (even when they were doing formal). ;)

I know what you mean. Even "elegant" isn't necessary but sometimes you just feel like getting dressed up. After our last Carnival cruise my hubby decided not to even bring a jacket this time. He's bringing a dress shirt & tie but may decide to just wear a collared knit shirt instead. It's nice to have the choice but I agree that shorts & t shirts should not be allowed in the dining room when they have casual dining choices for those for those who choose to dress down.

I know what you mean. Even "elegant" isn't necessary but sometimes you just feel like getting dressed up. After our last Carnival cruise my hubby decided not to even bring a jacket this time. He's bringing a dress shirt & tie but may decide to just wear a collared knit shirt instead. It's nice to have the choice but I agree that shorts & t shirts should not be allowed in the dining room when they have casual dining choices for those for those who choose to dress down.

we got dressed up, but not so formal, but suprisingly, there were a lot of people in suits, tuxes, gowns, etc.. even on nights that weren't formal/elegnat/however you call it..

we got dressed up, but not so formal, but suprisingly, there were a lot of people in suits, tuxes, gowns, etc.. even on nights that weren't formal/elegnat/however you call it..

My brother had a tux & always looked forward to wearing it on formal nights on a cruise. I also have a few long dresses & fancy tops & usually take the opportunity to wear them on a cruise. I always bring a long dress with me.

Does anyone know when the MDR is open for breakfast and lunch? Is that just on sea days or just port days or both? And if so, what times? Thanks! :)

I don't know abt port days but on sea days they're open for brunch from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (I think that's when it ended or maybe it was 2 p.m.)

Excellent! Thanks - these are the kind of things I'm looking for! Reviews are so subjective depending on the reviewers preferences - and that's great if you happen to be looking for the same experience or you like/dislike the same kind of food.

I wasn't sure if the Splendor had the TV's where you could order room service. Good to know because it's one of the things I wanted to do this time. We had the menu sneak peaks on the Miracle - love that!

I hope that's true about the coffee bar because I will have some Cruise Cash Bar from my Carnival MC and the Carnival web site says you can use it in the coffee bar.

Please - anyone who has cruised the Splendor out of NYC - we need more data for the info junkies! :D

just a few corrections, sorry

You are not able to order room service, via the interactive tv.:(

MDR menus are not always posted via the tv, :(

We were on the April 23 cruise, so ymmv;)

I'll definitely be posting pics, but probably just to Facebook. There are links in my sig to my ZenFolio pics from the Legend and the Miracle cruises. If I post pics - that's where they will be - other than on Facebook.

Okay, just spent an hour looking at your photos.. Brought back so many memories, especially on the miracle and Nick & Nora's... Thanks for sharing :)

Days actually ... oh you mean for you. :p

Big Duck, Absolutely Brilliant, in 5 days I will be watching and waving you off from Fort Worth, just as you pass under the bridge.... I'll be the one jumping up and down shouting Lol!

Make sure to post a review and lots of pictures when you come back. Happy cruisin'! :)