MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

Hi, :)

I see the Splendor is in Nassau this morning. Was

scheduled to be in Grand Turk today. Anyone know

why the itinerary was changed to Wednesday?

:)

i noticed that, if you look at the forward web cam of the ship you can see atlantis ..Maybe they doing the route backwards?

Edited by shof515

I heard that they don't get paid any extra and no tips for the parties. We tipped our waiter with the first drink he brought and he kept us well-supplied for the whole time. I think he brought us practically a whole bottle of champagne. We had glasses stacked up at the end of the party. And he sent the food people our way too :D

That stinks for them, but that doesn't give them the right to be rude. I was on the end of the aisle, DH next to me and he was standing right next to me when I asked very politely, may I have one of those and pointed to the whiskey sour and he made his remark....I saw another waiter with a group of "older people" in the row in front of us and down who ordered 4 different SPECIAL drinks from the bar. They looked like rum and coke type of drinks and one beer. He actually had the waiter take it back (not the same waiter, a different one) because he wanted DIET coke in the drink and he could tell (after he sipped it) that it was REGULAR coke. My jaw dropped open and I gave the waiter a big smile :D and thumbs up when he graciously took the drink back....that is the kind of crew we encountered, so were very surprised at this other guy. As I said, I never saw him again the rest of the cruise which is unusual, esp. since I went to just about every bar on the ship! ;)

Oh, I hope there aren't problems with Grand Turk again! Has anyone heard anything?

Maggie

They were delayed by a passenger who had to be medevaced to a hospital in VA on the 18th

http://www.dvidshub.net/video/291040/coast-guard-rescues-heart-attack-victim-cruise-ship-150-miles-offshore#.UZoweErovDN

I suspect they are reversing the itinerary due to the delay.

This is the second time in a couple of weeks that they have had to do this. I think the last time it was off the NJ coast on the first day.

John Heald posted about it on his page - He said it was Don S and people were referring to him as Ducky. I hope it's not Don/Big_Duck who has been posting in this thread.

Hope whoever it was is well on the way to recovery!

They were delayed by a passenger who had to be medevaced to a hospital in VA on the 18th

http://www.dvidshub.net/video/291040/coast-guard-rescues-heart-attack-victim-cruise-ship-150-miles-offshore#.UZoweErovDN

This is the second time in a couple of weeks that they have had to do this. I think the last time it was off the NJ coast on the first day.

John Heald posted about it on his page - He said it was Don S and people were referring to him as Ducky. I hope it's not Don/Big_Duck who has been posting in this thread.

That's weird. I just googled CCL Splendor position and it came up Grand Turk....:confused: Always sad and scary to hear when someone has to be taken off a ship for a medical emergency. :(

That stinks for them, but that doesn't give them the right to be rude. I was on the end of the aisle, DH next to me and he was standing right next to me when I asked very politely, may I have one of those and pointed to the whiskey sour and he made his remark....I saw another waiter with a group of "older people" in the row in front of us and down who ordered 4 different SPECIAL drinks from the bar. They looked like rum and coke type of drinks and one beer. He actually had the waiter take it back (not the same waiter, a different one) because he wanted DIET coke in the drink and he could tell (after he sipped it) that it was REGULAR coke. My jaw dropped open and I gave the waiter a big smile :D and thumbs up when he graciously took the drink back....that is the kind of crew we encountered, so were very surprised at this other guy. As I said, I never saw him again the rest of the cruise which is unusual, esp. since I went to just about every bar on the ship! ;)

It is unusual - maybe they drafted him from another area and it wasn't his usual job. I suppose that could make someone grumpy - but still no excuse!

It is unusual - maybe they drafted him from another area and it wasn't his usual job. I suppose that could make someone grumpy - but still no excuse!

And he was standing right next to me! Not like I snapped my fingers and said, COME HITHER. Just a teeny tiny blip that will be forgotten!

Hi Kat, :)

Thank you! I was hoping that you or Don would have

noticed my question here. Thank you so much. Have

a terrific day!

Kat, I forgot to mention in my reply a few minutes

ago that I don't think it was Don/BigDuck; he made

an entry in this post just yesterday the 19th.

Again, thank you for the info. I knew Grand Turk was

scheduled for today & just knew something was wrong

when I saw Nassau on the cam & Grand Turk now listed for

Wednesday on the Grand Turk cruise terminal schedule.

Is there a murder mystery on the Splendor?

Actually there is! My hubby and I made it to the Spectacular theater for the end of it. I think the second sea day has the even where the story is told and the suspects are listed, then throughout the week there are little clues on the back of the funtimes and you're supposed to talk to the suspects and ask them questions.

Actually there is! My hubby and I made it to the Spectacular theater for the end of it. I think the second sea day has the even where the story is told and the suspects are listed, then throughout the week there are little clues on the back of the funtimes and you're supposed to talk to the suspects and ask them questions.

Oh that's so cool. Do you remember what time of day it was and was it listed in the Fun Times?

Kat, I forgot to mention in my reply a few minutes

ago that I don't think it was Don/BigDuck; he made

an entry in this post just yesterday the 19th.

Again, thank you for the info. I knew Grand Turk was

scheduled for today & just knew something was wrong

when I saw Nassau on the cam & Grand Turk now listed for

Wednesday on the Grand Turk cruise terminal schedule.

It was Don/Big Duck... but he is doing well, his wife will join him today in Norfolk and he hopes to go home tomorrow.

It was Don/Big Duck... but he is doing well, his wife will join him today in Norfolk and he hopes to go home tomorrow.

Oh no! I am glad to hear he is doing well, though. Best wishes Big_Duck!!!

I just read the Sea Day 2 Fun Times and I didn't see the Murder Mystery listed. I was going through it and posting highlights for my family on our private Facebook Group page. I will check again.

Maggie

Oh - thanks! I'm glad to hear that he's doing well, and so sorry he's missing his cruise! It's bad enough to be sick, but to miss your cruise as well ... that just plain sucks!

If you're reading this Don - wishing you a speedy recovery and another cruise - without rude interruptions!

Oh no! I am glad to hear he is doing well, though. Best wishes Big_Duck!!!

I just read the Sea Day 2 Fun Times and I didn't see the Murder Mystery listed. I was going through it and posting highlights for my family on our private Facebook Group page. I will check again.

Maggie

I think the murder mystery thing was called "A Real Whodunnit". I looked at the Funtimes posted by Heald, and cannot find it either. Maybe it was on my Splendor cruise (just got off the ship 5/17) because Tex was the CD and not Malcom? I don't really know how much a CD does with the schedule.

Poor Don/Big Duck! He was so enthusiastic about the cruise. Glad to hear he's doing well.

Oh - thanks! I'm glad to hear that he's doing well, and so sorry he's missing his cruise! It's bad enough to be sick, but to miss your cruise as well ... that just plain sucks!

If you're reading this Don - wishing you a speedy recovery and another cruise - without rude interruptions!

Thanks Kat et al.

Keeping with the theme of this thread a heart attack on board will run you about. Grand.

Edited by big_duck

Thanks Kat et al.

Keeping with the theme of this thread a heart attack on board will run you about. Grand.

Don - I've always enjoyed reading your posts. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hoping that we can cruise together one day -

Thanks Kat et al.

OY! But at least you got to ride in a helicopter! I didn't see that listed on the excursions page!

Glad to hear you're on the mend! So when is your next cruise :D