Cape Liberty dock to Newark airport

Stevie44875

• 3 weeks later...
Can you tell me how much time to allow to get to EWR on a Sunday morning? I'm hoping that a 12:30 pm flight will work.

It takes about 20 minutes if there are no traffic delays. Assuming the ship arrives on time, is cleared promptly for disembarkation, and there are no unusual delays getting through customs/immigration at the cruise terminal or TSA at the airport, you should be OK with a 12:30 pm flight.

Does anyone know the current taxi fare from Cape Liberty Pier to Newark Airport. I've seen anywhere from $30 to $50, does it include 4 people and what if any additional fees or toll costs. Curious if its less expensive than taking shuttles at $16 pp.

On the shared shuttle ride back to the airport from the cruise port, does anyone know what is the approximate wait time the shuttle hangs out at the cruiseport before taking off for the airport?

The most common vehicle I've seen is a 9-10 passenger van.

They're small compared to a cruise transfer bus. They fill them up and send them off. This is big business in the area - they want to make as many trips as possible to the airport. The ships often arrive at a really dead time like a Sunday morning. The locals want to make money.

There are shared ride shuttles available at the port (turn left after you exit the terminal building and you should find the dispatcher) with no reservations required. Latest reports say the fare is $16 per person to EWR.

Are there shared ride shuttles from the airport (Newark) to the port?

Archived