OBC Question - Booking OBC and Royal Rewards?

Hi,

When I booked my April 14, 2013 cruise there was an RCCL booking promotion for a $100 OBC for new bookings between 1/1 and 2/15.

I also have $100 OBC from the RCCL Visa that I have added to my reservation.

This week when I checked on my OBC, I found that the booking OBC was not added, and C&A was very helpful in telling me what to have my TA do. Within 15 minutes I had the OBC added, and received an updated booking confirm showing that.

I passed this information along to our friends that booked the same cruise the same time we did. Today she called me and told me that C&A is telling them they cannot have the booking OBC because they already have the Royal Rewards OBC. Saying the booking OBC cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.

This does not make sense to me. If I would have received the booking OBC at the time of booking like it was supposed to happen, then later would have redeemed my points for another OBC, I don't expect they would have said I could not redeem my points because I have another OBC.

If I was trying to combine the booking OBC offer I had with a Next Cruise Certificate, then I agree, I would not be eligible for the booking OBC.

Hope this makes sense. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks!

Unless something has changed very recently, I've never heard of the Visa OBC not being combinable with any other Royal benefit. I would keep caling back until you get someone who knows the rules. Also, you may want to call the Visa rewards people at 888-305-4626 and see what they say.

I agree. I was just off Monarch and we had the OBC for booking onboard and an OBC for Visa Rewards. The 2 are totally combinable. In fact, Visa Rewards are pretty much combinable with anything. I have also combined them with Shareholder Credit, balcony discounts, Savings Certs, Etc. Never had any problems.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. My friend called the C&A desk, got a different rep, and explained the situation. This rep agreed that the Royal Rewards did not prevent her from also receiving the booking OBC, because that is earned and is not a promotion. To make up for the trouble she just added it to the booking instead of making my friend go back through the TA to get it added. Now that is great customer service!

Thank you!

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. My friend called the C&A desk, got a different rep, and explained the situation. This rep agreed that the Royal Rewards did not prevent her from also receiving the booking OBC, because that is earned and is not a promotion. To make up for the trouble she just added it to the booking instead of making my friend go back through the TA to get it added. Now that is great customer service!

Thank you!

Glad it worked out for you, and thanks for reporting back. It's good to know that the rules have not changed for Visa points OBC.

We need to cancel a cruise with Carnival. We booked as early saver. We paid $790 and when I checked the penalty amount to cancel it said $600, is that right?

I thought I would only lose $100 to cancel.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong?

Of course I tried calling Carnival both last week and just now & they have long hold times & recommend ..... calling back next week???!!!

Any thoughts? & thank you.

Thank you!

That is wonderful news. Glad to hear you received good customer service. :)

We need to cancel a cruise with Carnival. We booked as early saver. We paid $790 and when I checked the penalty amount to cancel it said $600, is that right?

Of course I tried calling Carnival both last week and just now & they have long hold times & recommend ..... calling back next week???!!!

No offense but why are you posting this on a Royal Caribbean thread?:confused:

I'd try posting this on this on the Carnival board too.

Hi,

When I booked my April 14, 2013 cruise there was an RCCL booking promotion for a $100 OBC for new bookings between 1/1 and 2/15.

I also have $100 OBC from the RCCL Visa that I have added to my reservation.

This week when I checked on my OBC, I found that the booking OBC was not added, and C&A was very helpful in telling me what to have my TA do. Within 15 minutes I had the OBC added, and received an updated booking confirm showing that.

I passed this information along to our friends that booked the same cruise the same time we did. Today she called me and told me that C&A is telling them they cannot have the booking OBC because they already have the Royal Rewards OBC. Saying the booking OBC cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.

This does not make sense to me. If I would have received the booking OBC at the time of booking like it was supposed to happen, then later would have redeemed my points for another OBC, I don't expect they would have said I could not redeem my points because I have another OBC.

If I was trying to combine the booking OBC offer I had with a Next Cruise Certificate, then I agree, I would not be eligible for the booking OBC.

Hope this makes sense. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks!

I am booked on an Alaskan cruise in June on Royal, i have $100 OBC senior discount, $100 WOW sale OBC, and $200 Royal Visa OBC so they are definitely combinable.

Unless something has changed very recently, I've never heard of the Visa OBC not being combinable with any other Royal benefit. I would keep caling back until you get someone who knows the rules. Also, you may want to call the Visa rewards people at 888-305-4626 and see what they say.
Agree :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived