What are you most looking forward to?

GREAT THREAD!!!:)

THE SERVICE! I'm a budget traveler. I'm a thrifty person in general. But on a cruise ship, I'm treated like royalty. I LOVE IT!

Thanks. I'm loving that I started it. It's really helping me get even more excited as I read others lists and realize I could expand my own.

I'm totally with you on the service point above.

This thread is inducing cruise excitement hysteria!! :D

Since spring is FINALLY at least TRYING to displace winter right now, I didn't think about the weather factor. However, by the time I cruise in March 2014, I'll also be looking forward to escaping the brutal New England winter!! :cool:

Warmth! after the longest winter on record. Experiencing the Oasis, lovely meals being served in beautiful surroundings, relaxation, reading tons of books, the wonderful peacefulness of being in the middle of the ocean. Someone else making my bed.

We leave the kiddos with the MIL when we cruise. They are 4 and 1, and we haven't been on a cruise in 2 years now. So I am most looking forward to doing what I want when I want. Mommy needs a nap! :p

I'm also looking forward to reading on the balcony and taking in the glorious views while at sea.

1. Not going to work

2. That first ding when I use my SeaPass

3. Not going to work

4. Sitting on our balcony reading or just watching the water

5. Not going to work

6. Having someone else peel and/or cut up my much loved fruit

7. Not going to work

8. Someone else cooking my food and serving it to me

9. Not going to work

10. Meeting the crew members, especially our cabin steward and the dining room staff - we've always been so lucky to have such wonderful people helping us enjoy our vacation

Whats not to love; food, exciting and interesting shore excursions, meeting new people.

I am a simple guy though. Probably my absolute favorite part is that free hour before you have to get dressed for dinner, watching your ship, or another one, leave a port of call from your balcony. I get excited just wating some of these http://www.inletphotos.com/Sail-AwayVideos Sometimes, the camera gets close and you can see people on deck. So many people, so many stories.

~Bob~

1) Departing from Boston - Never been there and looking forward to spending two days there prior to cruising.

2) Cool Fall Nights - I live in Florida and by October, I'll be begging for cool weather.

3) Fall Foliage - Again, I live in Florida and fall foliage is pretty much non-existent.

4) Visiting the Eastern Coasts of Maine and Canada - I imagine that the coastlines there are a little different from Florida and the Caribbean.

5) Having Lobster in Every Port - Served in as manner ways as possible.

What I'm mostly looking forward to:

1) Being rocked to sleep at night

2) First RCCL cruise, and hoping it will be every bit as good as my previous cruise on NCL

3) Relaxing in the sun

4) Relaxing in the hot tub

5) The food

And then also 1 non-cruise related thing:

I'm looking forward to experiencing the infinity pool on the 9th floor of the hotel where we will be spending 2 nights post-cruise. Should have a panoramic view of Barcelona from within the pool.

Hey sandravb!

Hahaha I guess I'll see you at the Solarium then...can't wait to sleep under the sun :D

Ain't that the truth. Every time we walked through the Solarium, it was almost dead quiet. No waves, no kids. 3 out of 4 people were sleeping :cool: That's what it is there for! Enjoy!!

~Bob~

Ooohhhhh I just remembered!!!!!!! .. tell me i am not the only one who is crazy enough to think of this .... i have been itching to record the sound the loud speaker makes before they make an announcemet on the ship.. and i am going to make it my ringtone for texts!!! Then I can always be reminded of good cruzin times ...

I just wonder if the sound is the same on all ships. I cant remember that far back to my first RCL cruise but i know NCL was the same on both ships ...

Call me crazy but i can still hear that "bing bong" in my head and it makes me smile every time...

There are sooo many things I could name. However, I think the top 3:

1. Sitting on the balcony and feeling the breeze and listening to the ocean

2. Meeting new people, having fun dancing, the Quest, etc.

3. The over the water Cabana we booked for Labadee!

I could go on and on. One of my most favorite things is stepping off the gangplank onto the ship. That feeling could be bottled and no one would ever feel down or blue! Woo! Mary

Ooohhhhh I just remembered!!!!!!! .. tell me i am not the only one who is crazy enough to think of this .... i have been itching to record the sound the loud speaker makes before they make an announcemet on the ship.. and i am going to make it my ringtone for texts!!! Then I can always be reminded of good cruzin times ...

I just wonder if the sound is the same on all ships. I cant remember that far back to my first RCL cruise but i know NCL was the same on both ships ...

Call me crazy but i can still hear that "bing bong" in my head and it makes me smile every time...

That IS a cool sound and would be perfect for a ringtone or a text alert! You would have to be patient and be near a speaker with no one around. Probably the deck under the lifeboats where no one goes. The speaker in the cabin never seems to work for us.

A good time is usually about 15-45 minutes after docking there was always an announcement from the captain, " we are cleared by local authorities...." You could probably get a good recording if you paid the money and took the bridge tour. Assuming they let you record it

~Bob~

Ain't that the truth. Every time we walked through the Solarium, it was almost dead quiet. No waves, no kids. 3 out of 4 people were sleeping :cool: That's what it is there for! Enjoy!!

~Bob~

Exactly! And if you ask me best times to nap at the Solarium are right after breakfast (yes, wake up, eat, and nap :p ) and at sunset after a run and when most people are already having dinner or getting ready...the place will be all yours :D:cool:

It is funny how similar we all are!

I love listening to the ocean and watching the waves go by on our balcony, that is my favorite!

I love not having to cook and clean for 7 days!

Date night for 7 days straight!

Towel Animals:)

I know what you mean! My favorite is when they play the THX sound effect in the theater before they play the videos. LOVE IT! When I watch a movie at home and it has that I just grin like a village idiot!

Wow thank you :D I thought that was just me. I do audiovisual for a living so that THX sound speaks to me and says, "get ready to be blown away!"

~Bob~

A good time is usually about 15-45 minutes after docking there was always an announcement from the captain, " we are cleared by local authorities...." You could probably get a good recording if you paid the money and took the bridge tour. Assuming they let you record it

~Bob~

Good idea... i think i may just have to do that!

Archived