• 0-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81 and up

i turn 69 tomorrow......already today in some areas! So, i'm booked on a couple more ta's..........but looks like i should give it up when i'm 70, or just beyond, and just fly!

That's nuts!!:d i'll keep cruising the ta's till they dump me overboard, probably in a box!:):d

rick

happy birthday!!!!!!!!!

Agree on both of your comments. Especially feel more younger folks than normal for a TA will be on Oasis. We've been on Oasis. It's a floating resort and would be perfect for a TA. Lots to do and no worries about being bored. :D

LuLu

~~~~

That's exactly why I booked. I've never done a TA, but I've done oasis and allure and always said if I had to cross the ocean these are the ships I would want to do it on. I'm excited to visit Amsterdam along with Rotterdam too.

We're booked on 2 TAs (liberty this year, Oasis next year) and both DH and I will be 32. I do see the issue with vacation time, especially for US passengers who seem to mostly only get 2 weeks vacation time per year? I may be wrong on that. In Australia we get at 4 weeks per year or more, so makes it a bit easier to do these longer trips.

When we were talking to staff on the Navigator before the TA, we were told that with the increased average age, people tended to have the same pattern (everyone wants early seating and no MTD, for example) making things seem more crowded. So that would be a good thing if your age is younger. Think of how short the line would be for the rock wall and the zip line.

Edited by cathep

When we were talking to staff on the Navigator before the TA, we were told that with the increased average age, people tended to have the same pattern (everyone wants early seating and no MTD, for example) making things seem more crowded. So that would be a good thing if your age is younger. Think of how short the line would be for the rock wall and the zip line.

I have late seating so maybe it will be ultra quiet. I'm sure the club is going to be dead besides crew once in a while.

• 11 months later...

You will always have an older crowd on longer cruises. . . they are the ones that do not have to worry about missing time from work. However, I think this TA will be different than most. Many are looking forward to having all the sea days to do the many activities on the Oasis.

Have fun.

You will always have an older crowd on longer cruises. . . they are the ones that do not have to worry about missing time from work.

Have to agree. Although our longest cruise was only a 10 day Panama Canal, it was full of seniors with scooters!

Sorry to high jack this thread but I am so curious about these TA's.

So, do most people get to the end of the cruise and then jump on a plane for home? Or does the TA serve as cheap transportation until the second half of your vacation starts? I cannot wait for the day that I can take a 14 day cruise just to get to Europe where we will spend another few weeks vacationing!! Have to wait another 20 years for retirement!

Lauri

...So, do most people get to the end of the cruise and then jump on a plane for home? Or does the TA serve as cheap transportation until the second half of your vacation starts? I cannot wait for the day that I can take a 14 day cruise just to get to Europe where we will spend another few weeks vacationing!! Have to wait another 20 years for retirement!
At the cheap prices offered for many TAs, many years we are doing a Spring TA to Europe and a Fall TA from Europe. We don't spend all Summer in Europe, always spend a week or more - always sometime on land and sometimes tack on a cruise. Two years ago our Spring TA into Amsterdam was merely the transportation to get is to the main part of the trip - the 12 night round trip from Begen on the Hurtigruten coastal steamer via every little town from Bergen to the Russian border and back. We took early retirement just to be able to travel more, and haven't regretted it one minute:)

Thom