Where in NY does the Splendour sail from

HappyChappy

Manahattan Cruise Terminal or Brooklyn Cruise terminal

Will make choosing a hotel much easier.

For some reason I am under the impression its from Brooklyn but looking at some info in other threads has made me think otherwise.

Yes, Manhattan. The actual piers are between 47th and 51st streets.
When we did Glory in Oct. 2011, it was 49th. Street, I think..

Local scenery looks a bit like this...

Sail-172.jpg

Sail-174.jpg

We left from Pier 90, seen here..

Manahattan Cruise Terminal or Brooklyn Cruise terminal

Will make choosing a hotel much easier.

For some reason I am under the impression its from Brooklyn but looking at some info in other threads has made me think otherwise.

Definitely NOT Brooklyn! Did you check out that Bed and Breakfast place I found on the upper west side? It's in the roll call, but I can find it again if you need it.

Link for the terminal - it has maps ...

http://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/

And you do know that the word Splendour does not appear on the ship :D When you look at the bow it says Carnival Splendor. Wouldn't want you to travel all the way from Scotland and miss the ship due to a translation error!

Definitely NOT Brooklyn! Did you check out that Bed and Breakfast place I found on the upper west side? It's in the roll call, but I can find it again if you need it.

Link for the terminal - it has maps ...

http://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/

And you do know that the word Splendour does not appear on the ship :D When you look at the bow it says Carnival Splendor. Wouldn't want you to travel all the way from Scotland and miss the ship due to a translation error!

Yankee spelling again :D

you guys are murder at it.

The reason I ddnt look at it was because of where it was. I was looking for hotels nr Brooklyn. Remember I commented on getting the hotel near the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

Can you repost the link please.

Yankee spelling again :D

you guys are murder at it.

The reason I ddnt look at it was because of where it was. I was looking for hotels nr Brooklyn. Remember I commented on getting the hotel near the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

Can you repost the link please.

I remember you asking about hotels in Brooklyn - I didn't make the connection! Good thing you asked - the Brooklyn terminal is no where near the Manhattan one.

This is the place I mentioned. I have no personal experience with this place, but it sounded nice - like a place I would want to try. The reviews are good ...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d112023-Reviews-Country_Inn_the_City-New_York_City_New_York.html

I remember you asking about hotels in Brooklyn - I didn't make the connection! Good thing you asked - the Brooklyn terminal is no where near the Manhattan one.

This is the place I mentioned. I have no personal experience with this place, but it sounded nice - like a place I would want to try. The reviews are good ...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d112023-Reviews-Country_Inn_the_City-New_York_City_New_York.html

Thanks Kat

I have emailed them enquiring about availability and price for the dates we are looking at

they are about 6 miles a part. the Manhattan cruise terminal has one motor entrance at 55th street and 12th avenue. There are three finger piers. pier 88 at 48th street. pier 90 at 50th street, pier 92(now rarely used) at 52nd street. its street address is 711 12th avenue

Kat I got a reply but it said that they can only accept reservations for a min 30 days.

Here is the body of text.

''Thank you for your interest in Country Inn the City, one of New York's best alternatives to a hotel according to Frommers and many of the major travel guides.

Unfortunately there is a new law in the city -- we must now take 30 day minimums until we can get a permit. For short stays we suggest regular full service hotels like the nearby Hotel Beacon.

We apologize for any inconvenience and would have loved to have you stay with us''

:mad:

Kat I got a reply but it said that they can only accept reservations for a min 30 days.

Here is the body of text.

''Thank you for your interest in Country Inn the City, one of New York's best alternatives to a hotel according to Frommers and many of the major travel guides.

Unfortunately there is a new law in the city -- we must now take 30 day minimums until we can get a permit. For short stays we suggest regular full service hotels like the nearby Hotel Beacon.

We apologize for any inconvenience and would have loved to have you stay with us''

:mad:

That's too bad - it sounded like such a nice place! Did you check out the Beacon?

That's too bad - it sounded like such a nice place! Did you check out the Beacon?

I did but at £700 for 2 night I will sleep on the streets 1st. Thats over a $1000

Dont mind maybe paying 150 - 200 a night but certainly no more than that.

In Oct 2012, we stayed at a B&B on Lexington near 102nd. Reasonable price, taxis right outside your door if you need them, subway 2 blocks away. Italian restaurant two doors down. Had baked ziti, a calzone and one beer - less than 14.00 total and we couldn't eat it all. Great breakfast place just across the street. The breakfast isn't typical B&B - it is just poptarts, granola bars, fruit in a basket in your room with coffee, teas and other snacks. We found it very comfortable for the two days we stayed following our cruise.

Bubba and Bean is the name. I know - don't laugh. Named after their dogs.

I did but at £700 for 2 night I will sleep on the streets 1st. Thats over a $1000

Dont mind maybe paying 150 - 200 a night but certainly no more than that.

That's funny, up until the early '90s the Beacon was a $6 per night flop house!

In Oct 2012, we stayed at a B&B on Lexington near 102nd. Reasonable price, taxis right outside your door if you need them, subway 2 blocks away. Italian restaurant two doors down. Had baked ziti, a calzone and one beer - less than 14.00 total and we couldn't eat it all. Great breakfast place just across the street. The breakfast isn't typical B&B - it is just poptarts, granola bars, fruit in a basket in your room with coffee, teas and other snacks. We found it very comfortable for the two days we stayed following our cruise.

Bubba and Bean is the name. I know - don't laugh. Named after their dogs.

Cant seem to get on the website for it. It has very good reviews on trip adviser

I have a friend who often stays at the Beacon when she comes here. She's staying at Hotel Giraffe for her second time on her next trip here. It's midtown - 26th and Park Avenue South. Good area. I don't know how the prices are, but I imagine it's in line with the Beacon.

Archived