Posh or Chic on the Freedom

ERNLYN

We will be sailing the Freedom September this year, and are booked in a mid ship cabin. CCL indicates on our booking that we are to dine (early dining, which is our preference) at the Chic restaurant which is the smaller of the two. The Chic is mid ship, and the Posh is aft. Can we switch restaurants thru CCL? I don't want to just show up at the Posh for fear it might cause a shortage of meals there, or slam one wait staff while shorting the other group. Are both restaurants serviced by one Kitchen area? No big deal, just considering, we like to sit with larger groups to meet new friends and stimulate conversation.

We will be sailing the Freedom September this year, and are booked in a mid ship cabin. CCL indicates on our booking that we are to dine (early dining, which is our preference) at the Chic restaurant which is the smaller of the two. The Chic is mid ship, and the Posh is aft. Can we switch restaurants thru CCL? I don't want to just show up at the Posh for fear it might cause a shortage of meals there, or slam one wait staff while shorting the other group. Are both restaurants serviced by one Kitchen area? No big deal, just considering, we like to sit with larger groups to meet new friends and stimulate conversation.

May I ask how you know which dining room you are already assigned to?

We were on Freedom in January, and did not get our dining room assignment till we picked up our S&S cards. We were also mid-ship and were assigned to Posh dining room. I think part of Chic dining room was for AnyTimeDining.

We are on the the Freedom next week, we were told over the phone that since we have "my time" dining, we can go to either dining room and we can switch every night if we want. My friend gets a little motion sick, so we will probably eat mid ship.

You got me there Sparky2.......I could have sworn I seen it on my cruise manager page. But its not there! Thank you for clarifying it for me, maybe my decision is already made. Still wonder if you can switch dining rooms upon boarding, just curious...

Unless things have changed since February when we were on the Freedom, the only ATD is done on the upper deck of the Chic Dining Room. And you can't change from one dining room to the other every night.

I've never heard of anyone knowing which one they were assigned to until you check in and get your S&S cards. That is, unless you are assigned to ATD. Then it would be the only room that accomodates ATD which in the Freedom case is the Chic.

We were in the first cabins on the rear of the Panorama deck which is mid-ship and we were assigned to the Posh. And yes, the dining rooms share the same galley. It's in the middle of the two dining rooms. That's why you can't go through that area on those decks. You have to go up, over, then down to get to the Posh.

Unless things have changed since February when we were on the Freedom, the only ATD is done on the upper deck of the Chic Dining Room. And you can't change from one dining room to the other every night.

I've never heard of anyone knowing which one they were assigned to until you check in and get your S&S cards. That is, unless you are assigned to ATD. Then it would be the only room that accomodates ATD which in the Freedom case is the Chic.

We were in the first cabins on the rear of the Panorama deck which is mid-ship and we were assigned to the Posh. And yes, the dining rooms share the same galley. It's in the middle of the two dining rooms. That's why you can't go through that area on those decks. You have to go up, over, then down to get to the Posh.

Yes, that is how I know because we are confirmed for ATD. thank you!

We are on the the Freedom next week, we were told over the phone that since we have "my time" dining, we can go to either dining room and we can switch every night if we want. My friend gets a little motion sick, so we will probably eat mid ship.

Someone gave you bad info. You will be assigned a specific dining room to eat in. " MY time " dining does not include " MY choice of dining room ". :(

Hmmm... We will be 3 couples cruising together, all 3 of us have been told by 4 different Carnival phone people that since we all have ATD we can eat in whatever dining room we want and we can switch whenever we want. My wife was asked about it twice and each of the other wives in the group have also asked about it. It really does not matter to me, guess we will find out for sure next week.

Hmmm... We will be 3 couples cruising together, all 3 of us have been told by 4 different Carnival phone people that since we all have ATD we can eat in whatever dining room we want and we can switch whenever we want. My wife was asked about it twice and each of the other wives in the group have also asked about it. It really does not matter to me, guess we will find out for sure next week.

I've never heard of that. When we had ATD on Glory and Destiny all ATD diners assigned to 1 restaurant. On the Glory it was the lower level and on the Destiny it was the upper level.

Archived