Favorite CD

msstarr22

Sorry to hear this...we sailed with Trevor once and really liked him very much. He was quite nice and very approachable whenever we saw him out and about. We were bummed to learn that he left Carnival.

We never saw him. He even had the entertainment staff doing the marriage show and the liars club. The other cd's did every show and were out and about.

Oh we'll, maybe they were 2 bad sailings for him.

Sorry...I can't pick a "best" because there are several that are equally my favorite.

The Three Amigos

Tex, Noonan and Gary each have their own style. But I know them to all be men that they are genuine. We watched them come up through the ranks from Social Host (or ACD) and have sailed with them over 10 times. Both Noonan and Gary worked for Tex.

Butch - WOW is all I can say. He is everywhere, every day.....and he also truly LOVES what he does.

Btw, IF there is one cruise where you do not see a CD that much, remember that it could be something as simple as the CD is sick and therefore not out as much. They are human too....

Thank you everyone for posting. What is it you like best about the CD's mentioned? I am sailing on the Glory in November and the CD is Matt Mitcham. I have not seen anyone mention him. I would like to see if anyone has sailed with him and if he stands out in anyone's mind? I sailed with Jorge, as everyone has stated he was very funny so sad he is no longer with Carnival. I have also sailed with Josh "Big Sexy" Waitzman also a very fun guy. So now I hope to enjoy this new fellow but would like the thoughts of those who have sailed with him.

We had Matt as an assistant CD and again as CD on recent cruises and really enjoyed him. I also love Karl with a K, my favorite. Talented, engaging, and friendly with everyone. James Dunn was my least favorite. He was ok on stage, but I saw no interaction with passengers at all.

I couldn't tell you the name of the cd onAbout 12 or so cruises

We did have butch , is was years ago I think dream or liberty

He had a assistant that he called Minnie me or little butch , something like that

The only reason I remember his name my son was Creeped out by his assistant

I just drown out the cd noise / pitches

We have to agree with Linda P. We really like Tex and Noonan. By the way we finally got Tex to insist that Carnival include Tex in his name/description instead of just Jeremy Mayes. Butch is great and we are good friends with Steve Knisley and Cory Rogers. We have cruised with Risa Barnes probably 5 or 6 times and have never met her. And of course we love John and Calvyn.

Steve Cassel has my vote! He is a very personable individual, and his juggling and fiddle/violin skills are pretty solid:)

Steve Cassel was our first CD (2003) on Victory. I remember his juggling, but I don't think he played the fiddle/violin on our cruise. The night he was doing the juggling, he dropped a pin. That's cuz the curtain was going every which way. It was extremely rough that night.

Edited by Sparky2

Another vote for Karl with a K, we have cruised with him twice and had a great week both times...he really made our vacations memorable!!! We will be on the Breeze in Jan with Butch and have heard great things, hope he can live up to his reputation:) We really think that a fun, energetic CD can make all the difference in just a vacation and a GREAT VACATION!!! We actually almost booked the Liberty again just so we could have Karl again but wanted to try a different ship this time..

I'm glad to know you think highly of Gary. We had him on Conquest (Sept 2012) and felt the complete opposite. He was seen at the main shows, heard a couple of times in announcements, but never seen elsewhere...it was as though he had no desire to be seen by passengers. And when he spoke at the main shows, it was as though he was trying to be insincere.

We had Gary on the Conquest for the 3/31/13 sailing and we thought it was very good. We liked Tex better on the Triumph last year though. We thought Gary was funny and he seemed to be trying to make the cruise as fun as possible.

Looks like on my upcoming Alaskan cruise on Miracle we will get to experience a new CD. Chris Roberts. I don't see him/her on the schedule for this year until April when he/she gets on the Miracle and my sailing is May 28th. I've never heard of him/her, but I hope they do a decent job. Of course I plan to be so busy with the ports and the views that I probably won't even notice the CD.

Butch is the best! He knew so many passengers names it was amazing. He seemed to be involved in everything like there were 3 of him on the ship, he was everywhere!

James who just got off Legend is really good too.

I didn't like Wee Jimmy, he thought he was funny but he was insulting.

Looks like on my upcoming Alaskan cruise on Miracle we will get to experience a new CD. Chris Roberts. I don't see him/her on the schedule for this year until April when he/she gets on the Miracle and my sailing is May 28th. I've never heard of him/her, but I hope they do a decent job. Of course I plan to be so busy with the ports and the views that I probably won't even notice the CD.

We've had him. I think he is the fill in CD when one is on vacation. He's ok.

I never really paid any attention to the CDs until I sailed the Breeze in the Med and later the Dream out of Port Canaveral. Both times the CD was Jaime D who is energetic, fun, warm, caring, and pleasant to all passengers of every age. I was finally impressed by a CD. I'm glad to be near Port Canaveral since we will be cruising on the Dream again this winter.

Cheers!

Chris Roberts is not new. He was the first Carnival CD I ever had on the Legend in 2007. He was a full time CD but retired shortly after getting married if I remember correctly. He must have decided to make his return. If he still does his Blues Brothers show, it's great.

Chris Roberts is not new. He was the first Carnival CD I ever had on the Legend in 2007. He was a full time CD but retired shortly after getting married if I remember correctly. He must have decided to make his return. If he still does his Blues Brothers show, it's great.

Good to know! Thanks for the info =)

Yes, I remember the Blues Brothers thing with Chris Roberts on the Miracle. It was great! We started in the atrium and then did a little Mardi Gras parade thing to a lounge & then did some dancing. Was a lot of fun.

Louis Baldwin asks:

I have been on a few cruises where Todd Whitmer was the cruise director. Is Todd still with Carnival or is he on leave?

John says:

Hello Louis Baldwin,

No, I am afraid Todd retired last year and is soon to be married, in fact. We all miss him very much both as a person and, indeed, as the brilliant CD he was.

Best wishes.

John