Quebec City - Seeing the sights!

Spending one day in Quebec on our Boston to Montreal Cruise. Does anyone have any ideas or information for seeing the sights in a limited time period? We will be in port from 7AM to 5PM.

Also, I am looking for information on Quebec City public transportation.

There are some falls a short bus ride away, and you should have time to visit a 'Maple Farm'.

In the evening take a stroll through the 'Olde Towne', just for the record Quebec City is by far the safest city that I have ever been in, in N America, and you do not need to speak French. Have fun!!!

john

Quebec City is a very historic old city. You can find good self walking tours online or in guidebooks or you could take a tour. Then you can just wander around the wonderful old streets full of interesting shops and places to eat.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g155033-i134-k5008899-Walking_Tours_of_Quebec_City-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

http://www.toursvoirquebec.com/quebec-city

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g155033-i134-k4885104-Les_Tours_Voir_Quebec_city_walking_tours-Quebec_City_Quebec.html

Spending one day in Quebec on our Boston to Montreal Cruise. Does anyone have any ideas or information for seeing the sights in a limited time period? We will be in port from 7AM to 5PM.

Also, I am looking for information on Quebec City public transportation.

As already mentioned, Quebec City is the perfect get-off-the-ship-and-wander port. Lots to see right near the cruise terminal, which is in Lower Town, and if you want to go up the hill to Upper town, you have 3 choices:

-Walk up a steep hill/stairs;

-Take the funicular;

-Use the Ecolobus, a small tourist-oriented electric bus that costs $1, which is in fact the only bus route that will take you directly from Lower Town to Upper Town; map of route here. The RTC website is mostly in French, but there is an English user guide here.

Our first visit to Quebec we took a tour that went to several places including the St. Anne De Beaupre (sp?) church (which we all were very glad we experienced - it was amazing). Viator has some nice day tours for those interested.

The only bad thing was that when we returned to the town we only had time to go in a few shops in the lovely town area. We will be on the Dawn in the fall ending up in Quebec and flying home the following day. I plan to spend the entire day in the town this time. I am already trying to brush up on my basic French. I hope to practice it again on the second trip to Paris we are planning for the fall of 2014. ;)

Archived