Which side of the ship is best? Allure.

I am thinking of booking Allure of the seas for next summer. On the Eastern Route. My two options are 12196 or the other side 12594. Does anyone have any advice on which side is best so we can see the islands when we dock?

:D

Okay I am really embarrassed now having sailed a few times - how do I tell which cabin is starboard:o

No need to be embarrassed. Port and Starboard refer to left and right sides (respectively) from the perspective of facing forward towards the bow(front) of the ship.

Hope that helps!

DaddyBytes

Good idea it can get confusing especialy on such a huge ship. We also get a kick out of watching the runners who enjoyed thier time in port just a little too much trying to catch the ship :D

thank you everyone. I have worked out now I am usually aft portside. This time I want to be starboard so I can see the ports when we dock. So think I will go for 12598 unless anyone has any horror stories about this room. Room on hold just eed to chat to my hubby tonight.

I always have to stop and think, but here's a tip, 'Port' has 4 letters, just as 'Left' does.

A crew member taught that to one of my boys a long time ago and I still have to use that little trick to remember!

• 4 years later...
I am thinking of booking Allure of the seas for next summer. On the Eastern Route. My two options are 12196 or the other side 12594. Does anyone have any advice on which side is best so we can see the islands when we dock?

:D

Which did you go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the UK we are taught the saying "As the ship left port" telling us that port side is on the left. Easy to remember once it is drilled into us lol

Long ago my flight instructor told me Port is a red wine, and 'red on the right is wrong.'

"As the ship left port" seems a bit more intuitive.