Oceania website & planning help

dancermom09

I spent about an hour looking for information about Oceania cruises this morning and didn't get very far. There are interesting cruises, but it seems my only option is to book it. Can't see itineraries or anything.

They seem to have a permanent half price sale that includes airfare, and they are a more step up in the luxury scale, correct? I am looking for a cruise in Fall of 2014 that includes several ports in Italy. Can't really find anything like that either. There is a Barcelona to Barcelona 10 day in 2013 with a lot of Italian ports, but doesn't seem to be available in 2014. When I find an interesting one, it says all is booked. I'm assuming this means it is not open for booking yet?

And will Oceania work with you on dates for the flights? I would like to take an extra week and rent an apartment in Paris. My DH will be 60 next year, and the only place he has ever been interested in seeing Europe is Italy, but I would like to see Paris! Our adult daughter has been, and speaks some French, so would probably fly her over for that week to surprise DH.

Our cruising has been limited to the Caribbean, and Disney, with one Celebrity cruise. It was in a much older ship that I got on Sky Auction many years ago.

Another option might be a Trafalger tour, but it seems after we add airfare and food it's nearly the same price! Another option is to see Italy on our own, a bit intimidating. Thanks for any input.

I am not really sure what you are looking at

Here is a cruise that may work for you just as an example

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/westernmediterranean/mna141011/default.aspx

Unless it says sold out or waitlisted the cabins are still open

Use the search feature & put in the dates & location MED

Then when you see the cruise of your dreams click on cruise details it will bring up the itinerary/prices etc...

Yes Oceania will work with you for airfare you will pay a deviation fee to fly in or out on different days of the cruise

They may allow you to fly to a different city than the cruise starts & finishes

You should speak to Oceania with your plans or your TA if you use one

They seem to have a permanent half price sale that includes airfare, and they are a more step up in the luxury scale, correct? Correct

When I find an interesting one, it says all is booked. I'm assuming this means it is not open for booking yet?.

Do you mean beside the cruise cabin category it says

Book/Add to plan ???

I don't know why I couldn't get into the itinerary before, maybe I followed a link?

Yes, that's a lovely cruise, with more Italian ports than the one I was looking at.

But this one is much less money, but only seems to be offered in Nov. 2013:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/westernmediterranean/nau131104/default.aspx

I don't know why I couldn't get into the itinerary before, maybe I followed a link?

Yes, that's a lovely cruise, with more Italian ports than the one I was looking at.

But this one is much less money, but only seems to be offered in Nov. 2013:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/westernmediterranean/nau131104/default.aspx

Sometime they change up the itineraries

Keep watching maybe they will offer the same ports in 2015

Lyn

How about this one? https://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/easternmediterranean/rva130525/default.aspx

Istanbul to Rome (Civitavecchia), 12 days on Riviera. It does some Greek islands, then goes to Taormina, Amalfi/Positano, Sardinia, overnight in Livorno (the port for Florence, Pisa and Tuscany) and then Rome.

I don't know what you were looking at that didn't give you itineraries but if you go to oceaniacruises.com and select "find a cruise", then you opt for the date, ship, area (e.g. western med or eastern med), and check out the offerings. When you click on the name of a cruise you will see the itinerary, and then further down the page will be the prices of the cabins and their status -- "Book/Add to Plan", "Wait List", etc.

What's good about this cruise (other than having to wait for Nov 2014) is that it has some extra perks -- bonus savings of $3K per stateroom, a biz air upgrade for $799 from the free air, etc.

You can always ask for a deviation re the air fare so that you can go in early and/or late or even select another airport for your departure/return.

At this point everything is available except for the PH1 cabins.

Mura

Thanks, that one is nice too! But the price is going up, and it isn't listed for 2014. I am no doubt looking too early for a Fall 2014 cruise, but I like those half price fares.

I have signed up for the web site, and will call and talk to my agent in a couple of days. Will let you know what I find out about any more cruises that aren't showing yet.

Diana,

I found that cruise at the website. I find it hard to believe it doesn't exist since they are inviting bookings!

Unless you weren't talking to me ... which is certainly possible!

Do you have a TA? A good one could come in handy in your search.

Mura

I am no doubt looking too early for a Fall 2014 cruise, but I like those half price fares.

All the itineraries are up until the end of Nov 2014 when they are back in the Caribbean

Go here

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/findcruise/default.aspx

Click on the region you want then the number of days & the month

It will ring up cruise for your criteria

Lyn

Diana,

I found that cruise at the website. I find it hard to believe it doesn't exist since they are inviting bookings!

Unless you weren't talking to me ... which is certainly possible!

Do you have a TA? A good one could come in handy in your search.

Mura

I think she is looking for 2014 & fall cruises

Well, August to Oct. 2014. I found one in August, the Adriatic serenade on the Riviera. It starts in Venice and lands in Rome, only 7 nights on the ship. But I'm thinking we could arrive in Venice a couple nights early, stay in Rome a couple nights, and fly from Rome to Paris then home.

I don't have a travel agent, usually do my own planning. But with the extra nights etc I'm thinking maybe I should deal directly with the cruise line. What do you think?

Well, August to Oct. 2014. I found one in August, the Adriatic serenade on the Riviera. It starts in Venice and lands in Rome, only 7 nights on the ship. But I'm thinking we could arrive in Venice a couple nights early, stay in Rome a couple nights, and fly from Rome to Paris then home.

I don't have a travel agent, usually do my own planning. But with the extra nights etc I'm thinking maybe I should deal directly with the cruise line. What do you think?

A TA who specializes in high end cruises and Oceania will save you money and give you very good information. It is very obvious from your original post you will be much better off.

It is a mistake to book directly, as most of the lovely promotional goodies that cruise line gives out are dispensed through what they call their "travel partners".

More specific to your situation, an Agent with a firm grip on how the air arrangement deal is supposed to work could save you from a costly mistake.

Plug into their experience, others have traveled that road before and left notes. Take advantage of the free advice, and possibly get a goodie thrown in for your trouble. ;)

A TA who specializes in high end cruises and Oceania will save you money and give you very good information. It is very obvious from your original post you will be much better off.

Nice. Never had a problem with a link to a web site, apparently.

It is a mistake to book directly, as most of the lovely promotional goodies that cruise line gives out are dispensed through what they call their "travel partners".

More specific to your situation, an Agent with a firm grip on how the air arrangement deal is supposed to work could save you from a costly mistake.

Plug into their experience, others have traveled that road before and left notes. Take advantage of the free advice, and possibly get a goodie thrown in for your trouble. ;)

Thanks, I appreciate that. Good idea for this cruise, obviously. But I still want to look around for my own apartment in Paris. To me, planning is a big part of the fun. That's why we are all here, right?

Clearly, post cruise details are up to you.

But I agree with Jim&Stan about using a top-notch TA in terms of the cruise itself.

Am I missing something? (Wouldn't be the first time.)

Mura

So true. Follow their advice.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Good idea for this cruise, obviously. But I still want to look around for my own apartment in Paris. To me, planning is a big part of the fun. That's why we are all here, right?

We rented an apartment from Cobblestone after a tour in France last year. They were wonderful to work with and the apartment was lovely. I highly recommend them.

http://cobblestoneparis.com/

Enjoy your cruise and your apartment search.

Kathy

Best advice ever. I booked direct on the website, and then talked to a TA who was able to price the exact same cruise and suite and options for almost 15% less, plus save on insurance.

All I had to do was email reservations at Oceania and tell them I needed my booking number transferred to my agent (who was a registered Oceania agent in the first place) and "voila". Done. Big savings.:)

Do yourself a favor. Use a good TA.

You might be interested in the FAQ on the website.

At the top of the homepage, click on Guest Services, just to the left of the word English. You will get to this page:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/guestservices/default.aspx

You can use the drop-down menus to see different topics or select the little blue View all FAQS.

We loved our Oceania trips - all on the Marina. We enjoyed our Baltic cruise which visits great ports. Evidently the Black Sea trip is really popular too and less common. Signed up for a small ship next time when we go to Asia!

I think she is looking for 2014 & fall cruises

The funny thing is I could have sworn that I was searching in 2014! Because I was aware she was looking for Fall 2014. Oh well.

Mura

Let's remember that using a Travel Agent need not be as "hands off" as engaging an Accountant to do your Taxes.

Any Agent worth their salt will be thrilled to be dealing with an informed, engaged client, and the give and take between you and a seasoned professional may give you options which you NEVER would have considered on your own.

Nobody loves the planning more than I do, and there are certainly some aspects of my trips that I continue to handle myself, but these days I only do that AFTER I find out what my Agent can offer.

Thank you all. Lovely Paris apartments! I have been looking through "My Paris Visit" which seems to be very reasonable and Home Away which has a big selection. Will mark that one too.

I went to the page on Cruise Critic which lists the best TA's and looked at the web page of a likely one. They had the cruise I am interested in for about $500 less, but it specifically said "flights not included". Well, don't think I want to do that. Will keep looking at the TA sites.

Here's an important question, do they have the "two for one" special all the time? Or is it just certain times of year, until a certain date?

Here's an important question, do they have the "two for one" special all the time? Or is it just certain times of year, until a certain date?

It is usually all the time but there are some cases where the airfare will be dropped & the 2 for 1 pricing as it gets closer to sailing

Check the Oceania website ..look at the bottom of the page you can find a TA in your area

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/

Archived