Carnival Excursion St. Lucia to See Pitons

jvitatoe26

Hi! I have asked around the port of call board for St. Lucia but I have found most of them to be very quiet so I thought I would ask the experts here :)

I am interested in doing an excursion that will allow me to see the Pitons from the water. I see that Carnival has a Catamaran Cruise excursion but that it doesn't have very good reviews and you don't really see the Pitons for more than a minute.

Has anyone done this? What did you think of it?

Does anyone have a better alternative through a private excursion company?

Thanks!!

Hi! I have asked around the port of call board for St. Lucia but I have found most of them to be very quiet so I thought I would ask the experts here :)

I am interested in doing an excursion that will allow me to see the Pitons from the water. I see that Carnival has a Catamaran Cruise excursion but that it doesn't have very good reviews and you don't really see the Pitons for more than a minute.

Thanks!!

We did the Carnival excursion "Snorkel the Pitons" and it was a great time, I even took my elderly parents with me. We took a speed boat down to the Pitons, then got off at Jalouise Beach for about 1-1/2 hours, some people snorkeled and others (like my parents) just sat on the beach admiring the Pitons. So you don't have to snorkel if you don't want to, and will have many photo opportunities on the beach with the Pitons.

We did not see the Pitons from the water, but instead went into the Cruise Terminal and found a tour that we fit our schedule and sites to see. There were a lot of tour operators offering many itineraries. I am not sure if they offered one by boat. My DW and I got on a van with 5 other cruisers and enjoyed the lush tropical scenery and winding roads to the Pitons, Sulfer springs, a seaside village, and if my memory is correct a stop at some type of park for a tour.

We did the catamaran excursion about a year and a half ago....we thought it was great!! We got some awesome pictures of the Pitons, and felt we had plenty of time there. We also stopped at a beach for some swimming, which was nice. The ride to the Pitons, we stayed close to the shoreline, incredible views the entire way! I recommend it.:)

Thanks!!

Cosol tours. Worth every penny. You'll see them throughout the tour and on water as you spend an hour on the beach that lies between them.

For those that have done these tours, and spent time at Jalousie Beach....I have read that there are tiny jellyfish in the area where they take you to snorkel and that the beach is used by a resort and the area available for excursion guests is small and rocky and there are no chairs. Is this accurate or just a negative Nancy type review?? Thanks!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

For those that have done these tours, and spent time at Jalousie Beach....I have read that there are tiny jellyfish in the area where they take you to snorkel and that the beach is used by a resort and the area available for excursion guests is small and rocky and there are no chairs. Is this accurate or just a negative Nancy type review?? Thanks!!!!

Did a Spencer Ambrose tour at Jalouise Beach. All of the points made were indeed accurate. There are very few chairs and even fewer with shade. Not the best excursion to say the least!!

We did the jungle tour and it is still my wifes favorite excursion of all our 20 or so cruises. The beach is wonderful and very relaxing. I don't remember jelly fish, but that is a risk at any beach. The jungle ride is a beautiful tour, but you will get a glimps of a true 3rd world culture.

Burt

I used Spencer Ambrose to CLIMB Gros Piton last year if you want to get a closer look!! :p He also has some other tours that take you to the beach and stuff as well. Have fun!

ps read my review below first if you think you might want to do the climb

I don't know about any jellyfish, but we did the Cosol tour and experienced the crappy beach next to the private resort beach. It was horrible and such a let down because of what was promised in the description of the tour. What few chairs they had were broken and dirty. If I had chairs in that condition, I'd have taken them to the trash dump. No place to get a drink at the beach, and I don't mean booze. No refreshments of any kind. The section of the beach was dirty and that includes the ocean. I was very disappointed. No shade and it was extremely hot. I couldn't wait to get back to the ship. Also, be warned if you take the Cosol tour, that part of it (for us it was on the way back to the ship) is a on a road that winds with lots of curves and turns. 2 people in our van got sick. I'd suggest motion sickness pills (we took them prior to the tour because I'd read here on CC about this tour). I'm sure it also helps if you don't over-indulge on the booze offered on this tour. All I wanted to do was get back on the ship. We were hot and dirty and we kept having to stop the van so people could get out and barf. One guy barely made it out of the vehicle.

We loved Cosol Tours - even did it with our little boy who was 1.5 at the time!

I agree though, the ride back is very windy, so be prepared...

For us the ride going was very windy and was close to being carsick by the time we are arrived where we would pickup a boat for the pitons.

We did this several years ago and loved it. We took the catamaran to see the Pitons, then stopped and did a walk in volcano, then stopped to snorkel in a cove. Loved it! If I remember correctly it was about 7 hrs long, you got off ship first because of the excursion, and we missed formal night that evening because we had early dinner.

We have used Herod's island tour and got great views of the Piton and swam in between at a nice resort. Spent time seeing several of the islands sites.

I have not been successful in getting in touch with Herod's unfortunately :(

Cosol tours. Worth every penny. You'll see them throughout the tour and on water as you spend an hour on the beach that lies between them.

Was in St. Lucia in January and our group of 18 did a private tour with Cosol tours. Out of 21 cruises this was one OF THE BEST TOURS I HAVE EVER DONE........private or through the cruise line. For $70 per person, we had an individualized tour of the island, with our own private drivers (two vans, 9 persons per van), and got to see one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, with being able to taste some of the breakfast and lunch foods that the natives eat.......got to do a water taxi to the beach between the Pitons, go throug the drive in volcano, lots of scenic stops for pics...and was 3 hours longer than the excursion the ship provided. I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Thanks!!

Did the catamaran excursion a few years ago. I thought it was great. On the way to the Pitons they stopped by a resort and showed us where "Blue Lagoon" was filmed. Then we made our way to the Pitons. We anchored right in front of them and had about a half hour to swim. On the way back the music was playing and the drinks were flowing and it became a booze cruise. Would definitely do it again!

We did a private tour with Spencer Ambrose for our group of 6 and had a great time rain and all. Yes the roads are winding and you could get car sick but it is the same way here if you drive through the NC mountains. The tour was tailored to what we wanted and did end up at a beach that was small and you were not allowed over on the resort side except the bar had no problem selling us drinks. Spencer's girls cooked a wonderful lunch for us and being at the base of the Pitons was beautiful. Would not hesitate to use him again and highly recommend him.

Archived