BLUE JEANS & HARLEY DAVIDSON TSHIRTS are OK in MDR on ECLIPSE

AIROHS

Where is cruising headed ? On March 9th we sailed the 14 night Carribean tour and on at least 8 nights this apparel was allowed in the MDR even to go as far as one of the fellows wore a baseball hat with his black tshirt and jeans.

Would you have preferred a Honda shirt? :confused:

Apparently you aren't a fan of Modern Luxury. :D

Look around and you will see how things have changed over the years. You can do whatever you want as long as you have the green. That is what I was told during my last cruise on the Reflection. I was talking to the cabin attendant and was interrupted by a younger female passenger that had to ask him a trival question. As she walked her male friend must have said something to her about it and she said in a sarcastic, sassy voice "I don't care. I have more money than he does." She was probably right but she needs to use some of it to buy some class.

oh my lord!!! Your cruise is totally ruined now! May I ask your rank within the Fashion Police? :D

No sarcasm here :cool: I wonder if Flames (Appropriate name I might add) can explain why ships, restaurants, etc. even have dress codes. :confused: I would like to see a logical non-sarcastic answer..if you are capable that is.

No sarcasm here :cool: I wonder if Flames (Appropriate name I might add) can explain why ships, restaurants, etc. even have dress codes. :confused: I would like to see a logical non-sarcastic answer..if you are capable that is.

If you have to ask, you probably wouldn't understand. :)

My point..I don't worry what others wear, it has no bearing on my vacation, as long as people mind their own business does not cause me any concern.

And it is Flames9--after the great Lanny Mcdonald. Please if your going to take the time, please spell it correctly.

Where is cruising headed ? On March 9th we sailed the 14 night Carribean tour and on at least 8 nights this apparel was allowed in the MDR even to go as far as one of the fellows wore a baseball hat with his black tshirt and jeans.

I presume that, before coming here to start yet another dress code thread (and you can see how fast these devolve), you said something to the gentleman in question? Or at least to the maitre d'? What response did you get?

I'm guilty of wearing quick dry Nike shorts and a matching shirt to Blu for breakfast. My husband did the same as well. We only had a limited amount of time before our excursions left. However we did dress for dinner every night.

What has happened to the grace and elegance when people use to care about how they looked when entering a very nice restaurant such as the MDR on a cruise ship. How low on the dress scale is now considered acceptable. Once this starts it will only continue to go down hill. For those who seem to accept any type of dress in the MDR, I would ask, what would be unacceptable to you. Would your underwear hanging out of your pants be alright, after all, that shouldn't ruin your vacation. Should it? How bout, bathing suits, wet and fresh from a recent swim prior to dinner. Surely that wouldn't ruin your vacation either. Or maybe torn jeans with a big chain hanging on the side with a 30 year faded Rolling Stones T-Shirt on. Seriously, what is unacceptable?

And it is Flames9--after the great Lanny Mcdonald. Please if your going to take the time, please spell it correctly.

The Calgary Flames could use Lanny this year. No Playoffs this year for the boys in red. (I lived in Calgary during 1989's Stanley Cup Win)

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Archived