Review of our 2013 Spring Break Carnival Breeze Cruise

PaulMedik

PaulMedik......can you post a link to your Carnival Dream review???? I leave out on the Dream next Saturday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrigley80,

CLICK HERE for Carnival Dream review. NONE of the pictures will display though because Webshots sold out and erased them all :mad:.... I uploaded most to Flckr and will be uploading them all eventually to my own site. CLICK HERE for my Carnival Dream pics on Flickr.

• 3 months later...

where you rented the chairs and other stuff in Aruba ...if you only want to do the chairs and umbrella is that good or to be there you need to do the other stuff? and by renting the chairs there it gave you access to the Hyatt pool free of charge? thank you

where you rented the chairs and other stuff in Aruba ...if you only want to do the chairs and umbrella is that good or to be there you need to do the other stuff? and by renting the chairs there it gave you access to the Hyatt pool free of charge? thank you

BeachBratt,

Great screen name!

Renting the chairs and umbrella gives you free access to the Hyatt pools, but not lounge chairs at Hyatt as I recall.

• 1 month later...

Well Im real late to the party here but great review and loved all the pictures. We are taking our second ever cruise on the Breeze in April and taking the kids this time. Will be their first. Looks like we all will have a blast! Last April we went on our first ever cruise for our 20th and hit Aruba and Curacao...your pics brought back some great memories.

Well Im real late to the party here but great review and loved all the pictures. We are taking our second ever cruise on the Breeze in April and taking the kids this time. Will be their first. Looks like we all will have a blast! Last April we went on our first ever cruise for our 20th and hit Aruba and Curacao...your pics brought back some great memories.

dltvermont,

Thank you. She's a fine ship, but even more so for kids because they'll have so much to see and do.

Bon Voyage!

• 3 months later...

Great review Paul! Loved your photos.

I'm considering an aft balcony cabin on the Breeze in November. did you feel/hear any engine noise/vibrations being up that high?

We always feel that in the MDR, but it's on a much lower deck. If we don't go for an aft balcony, our runner up is one of the interior w/ window obstructed view cabins all the way forward near the "secret" decks. We had one on the Liberty and really enjoyed the quiet and the ocean motion.

thanks for the great review!

Wow! Can't believe that I am just now finding this review, well found it a couple of days ago and just finished reading all 27 pages. Thought I had read all the Breeze reviews since booking in May. Glad I found this one.

We sail on the Breeze on June 6, '15 and am so much more excited now after seeing your review. We have the deck 7, (Verandah?) port side Aft Wrap and our kids (DD's 18 & 21), are in the bowling alley next to us. We fell in love with wraps a few cruises ago and are especially spoiled opening the divider between the wrap and bowling alley. Can't wait to do that again.

Awesome Pics! I'm jealous, call it lens envy? I shoot a Cannon 40D, but the fanciest lens I have is a 70-200. Would love more lenses but that would cut into the cruise budget. :eek:

Thanks again for the review. I know this took tons of time and effort and it is appreciated.

Great review Paul! Loved your photos.

I'm considering an aft balcony cabin on the Breeze in November. did you feel/hear any engine noise/vibrations being up that high?

We always feel that in the MDR, but it's on a much lower deck. If we don't go for an aft balcony, our runner up is one of the interior w/ window obstructed view cabins all the way forward near the "secret" decks. We had one on the Liberty and really enjoyed the quiet and the ocean motion.

thanks for the great review!

CruiseKittyFL,

Thank you.

No vibration other than when the ship is preparing to dock and using maneuvering thrusters.

Bon Voyage!

Wow! Can't believe that I am just now finding this review, well found it a couple of days ago and just finished reading all 27 pages. Thought I had read all the Breeze reviews since booking in May. Glad I found this one.

We sail on the Breeze on June 6, '15 and am so much more excited now after seeing your review. We have the deck 7, (Verandah?) port side Aft Wrap and our kids (DD's 18 & 21), are in the bowling alley next to us. We fell in love with wraps a few cruises ago and are especially spoiled opening the divider between the wrap and bowling alley. Can't wait to do that again.

Awesome Pics! I'm jealous, call it lens envy? I shoot a Cannon 40D, but the fanciest lens I have is a 70-200. Would love more lenses but that would cut into the cruise budget. :eek:

Thanks again for the review. I know this took tons of time and effort and it is appreciated.

bandnurse,

Thank you.

I look at my camera gear as potential cruises; if it were to come down to it, I would sell gear to sail. :D

Bon Voyage!

Can't wait until your next cruise in 3 months lol. Hope things are good next door. Thanks for the offensive coordinator too. Lol

KyBlueCruiser,

LOL Thank you, and you are welcome as well. :D

The next three months can't go by quick enough!

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed your review! We will be on the Conquest in February and visiting Dominican Republic. We are considering visiting Dreams as our friends are going zip lining and we arent interested in that :)

I have read reviews of expensive taxi rides to Dreams. Did your share a van with others? Was it prearranged for them to come back or will the resort call a cab for you? And how long did you allow to get back to the port?

Thanks!!!!

Really enjoyed your review! We will be on the Conquest in February and visiting Dominican Republic. We are considering visiting Dreams as our friends are going zip lining and we arent interested in that :)

I have read reviews of expensive taxi rides to Dreams. Did your share a van with others? Was it prearranged for them to come back or will the resort call a cab for you? And how long did you allow to get back to the port?

Thanks!!!!

Crazyboutdisney,

Thank you.

We didn't prearrange a taxi, we just followed the signs out to the mustering area for cabs and told the organizer how many we had and where we wanted to go.

We had six in our group and five friends went with us. As I recall the price was reasonable, but not comparable to cab fare in Cozumel or some other ports.

Our cab driver asked us what time to return and said he would be there; I don't think he left, but he may have.

We allowed an hour to get back to the ship in addition to the half hour that the ship schedules between 'back on board time' and 'sail away' time. Granted it didn't take near an hour, but that allowed for time to correct issues if any came up.

Bon Voyage!

• 2 weeks later...
8655947699_b653a1a0ee_b.jpg

Carnival Breeze Post Cruise by paulmedik, on Flickr

8657050600_caa45b919b_b.jpg

The new occupants of our cabin and Bryson's cabin were out on their decks for sailaway;

8655946769_d986273d91_b.jpg

Hopefully the next time we sail from Miami they'll have the pier construction finished;

8657049972_98a4a34e4d_b.jpg

8657048972_3152170259_b.jpg

8657048172_15572429cb_b.jpg

After reading your Review My Wife and I just booked a B2B Cabin 6470 (Opposite side of ship) for the Rascal Flatts Cruise in May '15

We stayed away from Carnival because all we ever heard was it was the Discount Cruise Company and not very good.

You have changed our mines. We have stayed in the Haven Aft Cabin on NCL and though it was beyond great. The Pic's and review of the Breeze has convinced us that we will not be disappointed.

Thank you again.

We stayed away from Carnival because all we ever heard was it was the Discount Cruise Company and not very good. You have changed our minds. We have stayed in the Haven Aft Cabin on NCL and thought it was beyond great. The Pic's and review of the Breeze has convinced us that we will not be disappointed.

edsbiggbuck,

Thank you.

Bon Voyage!

I had so much fun reading your review and looking at the pictures. Cannot wait to read the next one... :)

ILUVCRUIZN,

Thank you.

I'm looking forward to our next one as well. :)

Edited by PaulMedik

That was absolutely the best journey I've ever experienced sitting at my desk looking out of my office window at the snow falling. In the process of planning a cruise for next year and the Breeze was at the top of my list. Thank you for making this decision easy.

That was absolutely the best journey I've ever experienced sitting at my desk looking out of my office window at the snow falling. In the process of planning a cruise for next year and the Breeze was at the top of my list. Thank you for making this decision easy.

Juanita56,

My pleasure!

I am also sitting at my desk looking out the window at the snow falling.....and I'm thinking of Vista and hoping she's at least as good as Breeze. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I spent a good part of today reading this review! I found it when I did a search for something about the Breeze. I had a couple of comments but it has been so long I forgot the first one! :)

In Aruba, the boat that picked you up to go to the jet ski made me laugh. Cool Runnings, was the driver Jamaican? We were there in October on Mambo Beach, a part of Palm Beach, and he was docked at a small dock there. A "local" and he got into quite an argument and he called the police because they were trying to run him off the public beach. Some people we were sitting next to had hired him for water sports and the other guy got mad because he said he was stealing his customers by bringing his boat and picking people up and taking them to another location. I thought the guy must be new but apparently he has been there for over 2 years!

I loved your review and now I am really ready to book the Breeze. We live in central Fl and prefer Pt Canaveral. We did the Liberty 2 back to backs last fall so we have been to all their itineraries! It is my favorite ship but sadly it is leaving for SJ and the Valor is coming here. So my dilemma, Valor or Breeze first? Definitely a 1st world problem!

• 1 month later...

Not sure if I read this review when planning for my April 2014 Breeze Cruise. I did read your reviews planning for my April 2012 cruise and booked the Savoy pre-cruise for that trip. Came across this today while searching Breeze 11224 (quad inside spa cabin), apparently one of your readers stayed in it. Thinking of booking the Breeze again and looking at cabin options.

I have read your complete review now - it was great. I posted my camera questions in your Pride review. So wish I had found it before our April 2014 Breeze cruise to the same ports (though we went to Grand Turk). We actually stayed on the ship in the DR. The days we went to Curacao and Aruba ended up being holidays. Luckily we booked a tour in Curacao which was great, plenty of free beer, distillery tour, beach stop) and then walked over the pontoon bridge after. It was crazy busy and party atmosphere. We actually took a public bus to Palm Beach in Aruba but were in front of a different hotel. It was very hot.

I'm looking at booking the Breeze again next August (St Kitts and St Maarten). Thinking about the Savoy again as well unless we stay near Fort Lauderdale instead. We stayed there pre-cruise in 2012 based on your Liberty review. It was a great spot and finding a room in SB for 4 for a reasonable price is tricky. We were in the building to the left when you enter and didn't have a kitchen, just a table.

• 10 months later...

Paul - I was just thinking that I needed a cruise fix this Sunday morning - knew your trip report would fit the bill

Have to mention to you two things - we were in South Beach last April - Jerry's Deli is long gone - not sure what happened but it was empty in April 2015; lots of construction going on over several blocks of South Beach which isn't a bad thing

Secondly, due to your trip reports of staying at the Savoy we have always walked by the hotel and checked out the pool area, etc. - know how much you and your family love it there

Paul - I was just thinking that I needed a cruise fix this Sunday morning - knew your trip report would fit the bill

Have to mention to you two things - we were in South Beach last April - Jerry's Deli is long gone - not sure what happened but it was empty in April 2015; lots of construction going on over several blocks of South Beach which isn't a bad thing

Secondly, due to your trip reports of staying at the Savoy we have always walked by the hotel and checked out the pool area, etc. - know how much you and your family love it there

mnsawyer.

Thank you.

We are planning to sail Breeze for Spring Break this year and while checking South Beach and making plans I noticed Jerry's was gone and there's a Senor Frogs there now? It's hard to imagine that Jerry's is actually gone; was always busy and had great food!

Bryson and Spencer are both in college now and their Spring Breaks are in early March so it will just be Karen and Britt sailing with me. We were thinking about booking Royal Palm since it's been a while since we stayed there and for a change of pace; The Savoy is still our favorite though!

We're still waiting for confirmation of Karen's vacation and have not actually booked yet....first time booking this close to cruise time and our aft wraps are all gone.... :mad: