price Rotterdam vs Eurodam

ol3

Can somebody tell me a reason for the price difference between the Rotterdam vs Eurodam on the 8 day Norwegian Fjords cruises? The prices of the Rotterdam are much lower...

I know the prices are 'daily' prices and the problaby the Rotterdam have more free cabins they want to sell but then my question is why the Eurodam looks more populair?

regads, Audrey

The Rotterdam was launched in 1997 she's 16 years old, the Eurodam in 2008, 5 years old.

Given the choice most people will go for the newer ship. I have to agree with KirkNC, I'd take the Rotterdam any day.

The Rotterdam was launched in 1997 she's 16 years old, the Eurodam in 2008, 5 years old.

Given the choice most people will go for the newer ship. I have to agree with KirkNC, I'd take the Rotterdam any day.

I'll join the two of you on that one - I prefer the Rotterdam too:D

I would always book the smaller ship for any itinerary. I prefer the smaller ships. We are willing to pay more for the smaller ships. My husband and I are definitely in the minority since the cruise industry is moving in the opposite direction. But fundamentally it boils down to what's important to you: price, ship size, itinerary, etc. If you want more nightlife and venues then Eurodam may be for you. In this case it sounds like if price is your priority than the Rotterdam is for you.

I would always book the smaller ship for any itinerary. I prefer the smaller ships. We are willing to pay more for the smaller ships. My husband and I are definitely in the minority since the cruise industry is moving in the opposite direction. But fundamentally it boils down to what's important to you: price, ship size, itinerary, etc. If you want more nightlife and venues then Eurodam may be for you. In this case it sounds like if price is your priority than the Rotterdam is for you.

I will join you in the minority.

Here the "Official" minority is Hispanic. I am of English background. Hispanic "Minority" is about 80%! :confused: Your tax dollars at work deciding who is who! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

To all the pro Rotterdam, what are the plus and minus with this ship? Trying to decide between Rotterdam and Eurodam on a similar itinerary. prices is not an issue. Can we get easily a table for two? and what about GYM and sauna facilities. Thanks for your input

Besides being older the Rotterdam has the Pinnacle Grill are in the inside of the ship -- no windows for viewing the ocean/ports. She also had the aft pool removed and a poolette (called the Retreat) and more cabins added. Her thermo pool is nothing but a whirlpool like you see by the pools. This was all added to the ship later.

Eurodam came with the Thermo pool. She also has the Silk Den and the Tamarind Restaurant which we love. She still has 2 pools. She has cabanas by the Lido pool and there is the Retreat Cabanas a couple of decks higher.

Both ships have their advantages and disadvantages. I do like the smaller size of the Rotterdam. "The Mix" combination of bars/lounges worked well too. However, the aft wading pool was a (in my opinion a waste of space) and ruined the functionality of this area. The other disadvantage was the Promenade Deck with the Lanai cabins - since the majority of the wooden deck chairs are reserved for the people in these cabins, it is not possible to just sit down anywhere and admire the view.

Although I have not been on Eurodam, I do know that it is similar to Nieuw Amsterdam - a great ship - and as mentioned by Krazy Kruiser - the Tamarind restaurant is quite good -definitely a must do.

Between the two I would pick Eurodam every time. I've been on both and I prefer the atmosphere and amenities on the newer ship. I love Tamarind and especially the Silk Den (that was our meeting place each evening before dinner.) Even though Eurodam has more passengers (maybe addtional 700 more or less??) she never felt crowded.

Did you read any of the recent reviews of both ships? That might also help in your decision making.

St. Louis Sal

Archived