Solarium Lounger positions?

jerseygirl3

I know in the grand scheme of things my following observation is minor. We love Celebrity and they are definitely our cruise line of choice. I especially love the Solarium area...so peaceful. However, I do have one gripe.

It appears the loungers in the Solarium only have two positions...flat and one angled position. I find the angled position very uncomfortable for reading. I've tried putting a rolled up towel behind my back to "boost" me up. Doesn't work.

Anybody have any suggestions? Someone told me there are several slots in order to place the back into different positions, but I didn't find that to be the case. I am speaking specifically of the S-class ships.

Anybody else notice this?

You are not alone! We were on the Equinox last week and noticed the same thing. Even in the chair's last position you are still too horizontal to hold a book for very long. I was using an ipad which was even worse. --still a gorgeous ship and pool, however. :)

Didn't have any problem with finding a comfortable position for reading. I don't know or remember the angles but there were more than two notches.

What is the position are you after? I don't know of any pool lounge chair that offers micro adjustments.

Those loungers look MUCH more comfortable, and MUCH more numerous, than on the M-class. There they have very few loungers around the pool (more by the windows) but the ones by the pool have non-adjustable leg positions, sort of have to keep your knees bent all the time, and they are NOT padded.

I should have clarified. Yes, there are a few notches, but if you see in your photo, it still leaves the lounger in a more "lounging" position. In other words, you still are in a position where you lie pretty far back and it makes reading difficult.

Am I the only one that has noticed this????

I was soooo comfortable that I fell asleep while reading my kindle, a rolled towel was a must.

Those loungers look MUCH more comfortable, and MUCH more numerous, than on the M-class. There they have very few loungers around the pool (more by the windows) but the ones by the pool have non-adjustable leg positions, sort of have to keep your knees bent all the time, and they are NOT padded.

I'll agree to that! I enjoyed the solarium on Millie, but the chairs were nowhere near as comfy as S-class!

Archived