Name on Documents

So, this is my fist time using a TA (sailed previously with DCL, direct booking). I picked up my cruise documents today and noticed that we are only registered with first and last names (no middle names or initials, like our passports). Is this right? Will this be an issue when boarding? Sailing on May 19 - first time on RCI (Allure).

Thanks.

So, this is my fist time using a TA (sailed previously with DCL, direct booking). I picked up my cruise documents today and noticed that we are only registered with first and last names (no middle names or initials, like our passports). Is this right? Will this be an issue when boarding? Sailing on May 19 - first time on RCI (Allure).

Thanks.

no problem at all. You can add your middle name when you ck in online. Go to CHECK IN

When you check in online RCI says your proof of citizenship must match the docs exactly and they provide the place to enter the middle name.

I noticed when checking in on Carnival next to the space for middle name it says optional.

Since my middle name is on my passport I enter it whenever they ask for it at check-in. Not a big deal and since I can spell my middle name - very little chance for error.

I booked through RCI's website directly and just entered my first and last name. My first name is so long that the last letter is missing due to word limit.

I've emailed and asked RCI for this discrepancy between my name in the passport and in the cruise document. They said they have taken note of that and it won't matter...

Since it's my first cruise, I'm worried that I'll be denied boarding....:confused:

I booked through RCI's website directly and just entered my first and last name. My first name is so long that the last letter is missing due to word limit.

I've emailed and asked RCI for this discrepancy between my name in the passport and in the cruise document. They said they have taken note of that and it won't matter...

Since it's my first cruise, I'm worried that I'll be denied boarding....:confused:

I saw this many times. You won't be denied boarding. One letter missing (or incorrect) will not cause trouble as long as it does not change the basic structure of the name (if someone could reasonably assume it is the same name). This is particularly true with very long names.

This happens to my daughter every now and again.

She has never had a problem getting on a cruise ship or an airplane. It happens more often than people think.

Thanks.

Just yesterday I received my very first passport in preparation for my upcoming first cruise. In my excitement and not wanting to make any mistakes I read the first instruction which was to sign it. I did so, using my payroll signature as taught in the USAF many years ago and used ever since. My signature has only my middle initial. I then proceeded to read on and shortly came to an instruction that said to be sure to sign my FULL name. I just knew I had screwed up and began to berate myself royally. In desperation I dialed the 1-800 number on the information sheet that came with the passport and related what I had done. The nice young lady asked me to check my drivers license and see how I had signed it. I told her I had used only the middle initial. She then told me that as long as it was the same that there was not a problem. Lesson relearned tho is to always read the instructions all the way before proceeding. Happy cruising.

Bob:D

Archived