White slacks/Med cruise/April 30th

cruisegirl1

There was a thread about wearing white on here in the last few months. As I recall, the general consensus was that the "wearing white before Memorial Day" was more of a regional thing and pretty much passe anyway. I'm taking white slacks and white capris on my cruise next year and plan to wear them when I want!

That "white rule" is an outdated American rule. If you are around Italy and Greece, the weather is similar to South Carolina and Georgia. Normally I wear white pants at home after Easter. This year I haven't only because it is cooler than usual. If we were having those 85 high days we usually have in April I would wear my white pants and sandels. I just like to be comfortable and feeling chilled is not comfortable. so see if you can find out what the temps over there have been running, and if it is warm enough, go ahead!

Not that I abide by the "white" rule by the way! Yes, I'm the one wearing white shorts in December if I'm on a carribean cruise!!

I wore mine on my December cruise and also at Disney World right before. I did not get arrested by the Fashion Police!:D

I always thought the "white" rule was from Easter til Labor Day?

Well I'm a GA girl too and I was taught on Easter Sunday (by my Mississippi church going Bible thumping grandmother who was always concerned about being "proper") we could wear white shoes for the first time, but not before. I know up north it is after Memorial Day but then it is also usually cooler in the northeast than southeast.(not that it always a sensible choice down south on Easter Sunday because we often had "Blackberry winter" Easter weekend)

I say go by "common sense." This year has been so cool even in the south, (and Easter was a month ago nearly but it seems Blackberry winter is still hanging on) that I am not wearing light colors. I like to be comfortable and being chilled is not comfortable to me.

The rule (if there needs to be a rule) should be to go by weather. If the temps low is 60 and high is 80 then it is warm enough for white, under that, not really. At least not for me.

There was a thread about wearing white on here in the last few months. As I recall, the general consensus was that the "wearing white before Memorial Day" was more of a regional thing and pretty much passe anyway. I'm taking white slacks and white capris on my cruise next year and plan to wear them when I want!

True and if you lived in south Florida it never applied year round.

The 'white shoes and pants' etc rules are archaic and few, if any, abide by them now.

Why would someone not wear white pants in the Caribbean but they spend the day in a swimsuit at the beach? :confused: Makes no sense.

IMO

Archived