For those curious about current passport turnaround times...

I'm cruising for the first time, and taking my family with me. It's a 3-night cruise from FL to the Bahamas. I'm wondering about the risk of only buying the passport cards vs. buying the book with it. I have 4 kids and after doing the math, for my wife and I and all of the kids, it's going to cost nearly $800 for 6 passports. I don't want to be an el-cheapo but that's a lot of money. Is it worth the risk?

My husband and I received our passports within 2 weeks as well... Very fast surprisingly. We both applied on May 9th.. I renewed and changed my last name, and my husband a brand new passport. I received my passport this past Monday the 23rd and my husband got his Wed the 25th. Online kept saying it was processing but I still received it!

My husband and I received our passports within 2 weeks as well... Very fast surprisingly. We both applied on May 9th.. I renewed and changed my last name, and my husband a brand new passport. I received my passport this past Monday the 23rd and my husband got his Wed the 25th. Online kept saying it was processing but I still received it!

About the same time frame as our adult son. He was going to pay for expediting it but the agent told him it wasn't worth it given the time he had to work with.

Just a quick update on my passport renewal experience:

• I mailed (priority mail flat rate envelope) my renewal application on May 23.
  • Delivery on May 25.
  • Tracking on State Department visible on May 27.
  • Memorial Day holiday on May 30.
  • Passport tracking updated on June 9 to show projected delivery of June 15.
  • USPS Priority mail delivery on June 11.

Total: 19 days including 2 weekends and one federal holiday.

I got my passport in 13 days. Didn't pay for the expedited either! I went for it early, more than 2 months in advance, almost 3 months before my cruise on July 30th [emoji847]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I wonder if the length of time matters where you apply for one. If you live in a small city and the application has to get sent to a processing facility in a larger city versus if you already live in a larger city.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for first time applicants. Has anyone received their birth certificate or whatever used to prove US citizenship back yet? Looks like we got our passports in May, but the supporting documents have not been returned to us.

Quick question for first time applicants. Has anyone received their birth certificate or whatever used to prove US citizenship back yet? Looks like we got our passports in May, but the supporting documents have not been returned to us.

I applied and received my first passport back in April. The day after I received my passport, I received my Birth Certificate.

I would suggest emailing or calling the State Department.

My husband got his supporting documents back the day after receiving passport as well. I think you should start trying to track those down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husband and I applied for renewal of our current (expire in September) passports, and my 14-year-old daughter for a new passport (can't renew for her age) on July 21st at the Salisbury, MD Post Office. DH's and my new passports arrived today, August 1st, with an issue date of July 29th. An eight day turnaround!:eek::D Very impressive! I expect DD's will take a little longer, since it's technically a whole, new passport (even though we sent her old passport as supporting documentation). And of course, we were already informed that our supporting documents (old passports) will be returned in a following mailing.