Crystal Blocks

dep

We reached 141 points after our last cruise, does that mean we should get one of these on our next cruise? Does each person get one when 140 points is reached, or is it one per family? Do we have to let the LA know about our milestone when we get on the ship? Just wondering since we sail again in 10 days.

We reached 141 points after our last cruise, does that mean we should get one of these on our next cruise? Does each person get one when 140 points is reached, or is it one per family? Do we have to let the LA know about our milestone when we get on the ship? Just wondering since we sail again in 10 days.

You should have received the block during the cruise on which you attained 140 points. It's one block per "relationship". It's always a good idea to remind the LA about a milestone on the cruise. In your case, it won't help to talk with the LA on the next cruise. Instead call C&A and mention that they missed your milestone on the last cruise. They should be able to send you a block.

Edited by clarea

The block is usually given (One per C&A family - AFAIK) either in person or delivered to your stateroom during the cruise during which you attain the required number of points. You should have received one on your last cruise. Those who do not usually call C&A and a block from the ship they cruised on is delivered to their home. Hope this helps!

Bob, I see we were inputting at the same time ;)

Edited by Scotty G

The block is usually given (One per C&A family - AFAIK) either in person or delivered to your stateroom during the cruise during which you attain the required number of points. You should have received one on your last cruise. Those who do not usually call C&A and a block from the ship they cruised on is delivered to their home. Hope this helps!

Bob, I see we were inputting at the same time ;)

At least we said the same thing.:)

I've never heard of the crystal blocks...

I currently have 118 pts, will be adding 7 pts after next weeks sailing bringing me to 125.

We sail in July for 14 days in a grand suite, (28 pts) will that qualify us during that sailing? or do the double points not count toward this?

thanks for any info

I've never heard of the crystal blocks...

I currently have 118 pts, will be adding 7 pts after next weeks sailing bringing me to 125.

We sail in July for 14 days in a grand suite, (28 pts) will that qualify us during that sailing? or do the double points not count toward this?

thanks for any info

Yes, the double points count for crystal blocks. See the LA once onboard your July cruise and mention your upcoming milestone. Sometimes they don't compute the points correctly and they may not put you on the list for a block that cruise.

Yes, the double points count for crystal blocks. See the LA once onboard your July cruise and mention your upcoming milestone. Sometimes they don't compute the points correctly and they may not put you on the list for a block that cruise.

Thank you

What are crystal blocks???? We are diamond. Should we have a block?

You start getting blocks at 140 points. Diamond starts at 80 points so it's normal to be Diamond and not yet have the points for a block.

Here's a photo someone posted here on CC:

IMGP0173.jpg

That must of happened on our last cruise in December. Got 10 points for the cruise, 10 points for staying in a suite, and another 10 points for sailing in December.

Ron

What are crystal blocks???? We are diamond. Should we have a block?

This is from the C&A benefits page:

"4 A commemorative gift will be delivered to you during the sailing on which you attain your 140, 210, 280 and 350 cruise points and on every 70 cruise points thereafter."

The gift is currently a nice crystal block of the ship you were on at the time the level was attained.

Edited by Scotty G

Just got off Rhapsody on Wednesday. Met a nice couple with 408 points, who recieved their 1st Crystal Block. They had no idea.

I'm going on Radiance next, just to get my Radiance (second) Crystal Block.

Aussie Frequent Floater.:)

Didn't know RCI did this. Well we're still Gold, but now I'm going work on convincing my hubby that we need to work harder to reach 140 points :D hey, gotta set goals for yourself, right?! So tough having to take all those cruises to get a crystal block ;)

• 7 months later...

Mentioned the block to friends on our 12/02 Ex sailing. They had hit 140 points on their last cruise and never received a block. They inquired about it and were told by the LA that the first block is now given when the 210 point mark is reached.