Help with corporate...

jdro

Because you gave as little information as possible. It could be waiting in the cabin of a relative or drugged in the cabin of a 70 year old.

I gave as much information as I was told and she is not my daughter and I would not want anyone speculating what she was doing in the room, none of my business

Because you gave as little information as possible. It could be waiting in the cabin of a relative or drugged in the cabin of a 70 year old.

I don't understand what you are saying. The missing girl was found sleeping in someone else's cabin. That has nothing to do with the fact that a 14-year old was taken out of her cabin, without her parents' knowledge, at 4:30 in the morning by "security".

Yes they found her sleeping in someone's room

For sure there was some irresponsible parenting, but it was not on your behalf. I am so sorry that your parenting was called into question. A child being a little bit late for curfew is a whole different ball game than a child still missing at 4:30 am.

I sincerely hope you hear back on this. I sail with NCL because I trust the company to make good choices and keep our safety the absolute priority. NCL has always righted their wrongs imho, and I hope this situation will prove the same.

Cherie

I don't understand what you are saying. The missing girl was found sleeping in someone else's cabin. That has nothing to do with the fact that a 14-year old was taken out of her cabin, without her parents' knowledge, at 4:30 in the morning by "security".

Just shows that there are more pieces to this puzzle (story). Again, I would love to hear NCL's side of this story.

Just shows that there are more pieces to this puzzle (story). Again, I would love to hear NCL's side of this story.

What are you looking for? If you are calling me a liar say it because I've said before I have NOTHING to hide or be ashamed of, I don't believe NCL has a side to this story, in my opinion what they did was wrong, you are entitled to your opinion but please do not look into this more than what it was - stupid decisions on all parts - including me for trusting that when my kids are in there room they are safe, let me ask you do you have children? Do they make all the right decisions? Because I know my do not and that is part if growing up and learning right from wrong because believe you my daughter was very careful to key me know her whereabouts on that ship for the remaining 7 nights so question all you like My family did nothing wrong

What are you looking for? If you are calling me a liar say it because I've said before I have NOTHING to hide or be ashamed of, I don't believe NCL has a side to this story, in my opinion what they did was wrong, you are entitled to your opinion but please do not look into this more than what it was - stupid decisions on all parts - including me for trusting that when my kids are in there room they are safe, let me ask you do you have children? Do they make all the right decisions? Because I know my do not and that is part if growing up and learning right from wrong because believe you my daughter was very careful to key me know her whereabouts on that ship for the remaining 7 nights so question all you like My family did nothing wrong

Never called you anything. Just feel that we are not getting the whole story.

All children make unwise decisions while they are growing up and it is the parent's responsibility to show them where they went wrong and to lead by example. I also feel that your daughter should have never been put in the position she was in. I can't imagine how scared your daughter was and I truly feel sorry for that. But in saying that, I strongly feel that if NCL's rules were adhered to, this would have never happened, saving your daughter, you and your family the stress it created. I think NCL has the rule with regard to children under 21 not having a room without a parent in it is for a reason and your situation bears this out. My hopes are that others read this and instead of thinking it is okay to break this rule, they look at what could happen to their child and possibly it can save another child from going through what your daughter went through or worse.

so..here is the latest..i guess

what this tells me is that this other girl/stranger was not a good choice for the op's daughter to befriend. I hope she didn't allow them to continue the friendship for the remainder of the cruise.

bottom line..we do not know who the friend was in the room with because the op says it was none of her business to know this. but now I am thinking that she was sleeping with someone she just met...not a good thing. I am thinking this because the OP is being vague.

so this "friend" caused trouble for op's family and was found probably in not a good situation when security finally found her..

security took it upon themselves to remove a 14 year old from her cabin without parental knowledge...yet some are still defending these security clowns...for if they were true professional security people they would have handled it much differently.

yet when I post that my kids don't need to meet strangers on a ship and prefer each others company over a stranger, I am told that we are antisocial..

go figure

2 things happened.

1. your daughter picked the wrong stranger to befriend

2. the security clowns did not care one bit about their actions

I for one would like to know who the friend was sleeping with. but what is really serious is that adult security personnel removed a 14 yo from her cabin at 430am! forget the other girl..forget the curfew issue..forget the across the hall..forget the temporarily irresponsible older brother...as all of that can happen to anyone at anytime....

the security is at fault as well as the friend for not letting her family know where she was..what the heck was she thinking and where were her parents...

To the parent hoping their son's friend's paraents say no. Say no to your own son about taking a friend. Problem solved and future problems solved.

Or suggest a friend and his family go too.

This thread goes to show that most of the time things go as planned but some other times situations occur and I would not want to be responsible for someone else's child.

BTW, OP... I agree. Security or anyone in authority should have said these first words for a minor: "I need to talk to your parent", anything else is NOT appropriate.

As a former United States Marine, and former member of Law Enforcement, it pains me to see someone have such an awful opinion about people who choose to work in the businesses of protecting society.

oh I have a great deal of respect for those who act professional in the law enforcement field....cruiseship security does not get my respect..for a number of reasons, this thread only being one of them

and I have never had any altercations with security.....I just have observed actions and read too much about them on the boards. and i don't think posters are lying about security and their actions.

2 things happened.

1. your daughter picked the wrong stranger to befriend

2. the security clowns did not care one bit about their actions

I for one would like to know who the friend was sleeping with. but what is really serious is that adult security personnel removed a 14 yo from her cabin at 430am! forget the other girl..forget the curfew issue..forget the across the hall..forget the temporarily irresponsible older brother...as all of that can happen to anyone at anytime....

the security is at fault as well as the friend for not letting her family know where she was..what the heck was she thinking and where were her parents...

You forgot the 3rd thing, which I think is the biggest item.

3. They broke NCL's rule about children under 21 in a room without a parent.

You forgot the 3rd thing, which I think is the biggest item.

3. They broke NCL's rule about children under 21 in a room without a parent.

Then why did they allow me to switch rooms with my kids?

Why the need to harp on what I did wrong and not look at what the real problem is and that is how security handled the situation

Again it must be great to live a self righteous life and look down there nose at others....

And what position did I put my daughter in? In a million years I would never have thought this could happen, but I do believe the countries that the security is from is a militant country, this to them is the norm. I think you feel justified calling out my parenting skills but until you unveil yours please be careful of what you are saying or accusing because it is not fair. Because I think I can find a lot of your flaws.

And what position did I put my daughter in? In a million years I would never have thought this could happen, but I do believe the countries that the security is from is a militant country, this to them is the norm. I think you feel justified calling out my parenting skills but until you unveil yours please be careful of what you are saying or accusing because it is not fair. Because I think I can find a lot of your flaws.

Don't take the bait.

On all of my NCL cruises the chief safety officer has been Norwegian.

Why the need to harp on what I did wrong and not look at what the real problem is and that is how security handled the situation

Again it must be great to live a self righteous life and look down there nose at others....

Because if you would not have broken this rule and one of you would have been in the cabin with your daughter, she would have never had to go through what she went through, in other words, the incident would have never happened.

I don't look down on others, because I feel we all make mistakes and trust me, I've made many over my lifetime. I just have a problem when someone makes a mistake (like breaking the rule about a parent being in the room with a child), then something happens and then they won't take responsibility for their mistake.

Don't take the bait.

On all of my NCL cruises the chief safety officer has been Norwegian.

Of course the chief is. Not so for the rest of the security force And that. Is why these guards acted in such a militant manner. And that is exactly why the. Ships recruit them for security

You chose not to have a parent in the same room with your daughter. That was your decision. I've never called out your parenting skills, it is your decision making. No, it was not fair to your daughter and, again, I'm truly sorry she had to go through what she did. I have a ton of flaws, if you would like to know them all, I'd be very happy to put a list together.

Sorry, I know you don't want to hear it, but if you would have had an adult in the room with your daughter, none of this would have ever happened, because there would have been an adult to talk with security.

So you know that the security personnel are from militant countries? Hmmmm!

Because the problem started with a 14yr old who didn't have an adult in the room as per the rules. It seems that security did their job.

Thank you for your input, I will wait to hear from NCL, instead of continuing this back and forth with you on how I brought this on by breaking the rules. I guess in your world everything is black and white, mine has some grey....

Stop!!! Twice now the OP has stated her 19 year old son was also in the room with her daughter. Does that not change the whole situation. Either the 19 year old agreed to allow his younger sister to go with them or he didn't. If he didn't, why did he not involve his parents in the middle of the night??? Both of them waiting until morning to tell mom and dad what happened seems really strange. A 19 year old is considered an adult in most situations, i.e. ready for the draft. With him being there along with the 14 year old, I would think that security had to believe they had to ok to get the daughter to help. To me, this changes the whole situation.

A missing child, security knew the daughter was "friend" with the missing child, a 19 year old was in the cabin and aware of what was happening, would this not lead security to believe they had the ok to get the daughters help???

Stop!!! Twice now the OP has stated her 19 year old son was also in the room with her daughter. Does that not change the whole situation. Either the 19 year old agreed to allow his younger sister to go with them or he didn't. If he didn't, why did he not involve his parents in the middle of the night??? Both of them waiting until morning to tell mom and dad what happened seems really strange. A 19 year old is considered an adult in most situations, i.e. ready for the draft. With him being there along with the 14 year old, I would think that security had to believe they had to ok to get the daughter to help. To me, this changes the whole situation.

A missing child, security knew the daughter was "friend" with the missing child, a 19 year old was in the cabin and aware of what was happening, would this not lead security to believe they had the ok to get the daughters help???

I don't see that security did anything wrong. Security well knows that everything outside the stateroom is on tape, they aren't gonna do something stupid. The 19 yr old is also under the age of being allowed to book a room. There is more to this story and we are not likely to hear it.

?.. I guess in your world everything is black and white, mine has some grey....

Jdro, I am sorry this happened to your daughter yet very thankful security did what they needed to do in as fast a manner possible for the sake of the other daughter. How come you are not seeing the grey here? No need to answer as my question is only meaning for you to see there is a lot of grey here. I have the upmost faith and respect for Norwegian's security and if they did not contact you at 4:30am in order to talk to your daughter, then my guess is that there was a darned good reason why not. A reported missing other fourteen year old at that time was the darned good reason. Again, sorry you experienced this on your vacation, but I guess I am in the minority that security acted appropriately and expeditiously...as I hope they continue to do.

Coka

Archived