Port Everglades paking question

GingerCandy

If we stay at a motel near the ship the night before the cruise and leave our car there, do the motels let you leave your car with them for the length of the cruise? Cost? If we don't stay the night of our return from the cruise, can we still park our car on the motel property if we stay there the night before the cruise? Thanks.

If we stay at a motel near the ship the night before the cruise and leave our car there, do the motels let you leave your car with them for the length of the cruise? Cost? If we don't stay the night of our return from the cruise, can we still park our car on the motel property if we stay there the night before the cruise? Thanks.

Some hotels do and some don't - you have to ask as everyone is different. There are many park and save and park and fly places all around the port too - ranging from 3.95 - 7.00 per day which still beats the port price of $20!

Some hotels do and some don't - you have to ask as everyone is different. There are many park and save and park and fly places all around the port too - ranging from 3.95 - 7.00 per day which still beats the port price of $20!

Port is $3 for the first hour, up to $15/day

Nothing is more covenient than using the garage when you are

sailing from berth 2.

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/

At Port Everglades we use ParkNFly - they are right outside the Port and we use them all the time for air and port. The rate is a bit different for the port ($9.50 Port vs. $8.00 for the airport). You can call and make the reservation and they give a AAA discount too (a day free). In the summer, covered parking is the same as uncovered.

Should you go to the Port of Miami - we used Premier Parking (the one in the garage, as there are two :confused:) and we were very pleased.

At the Miami Airport - we use FASTPARK (across the street from the airport) join their club and they give you a free day for every 8 days - we have two days coming to us and it too is covered parking and we are pleased. We are using them for our European cruise this summer - so I can get my two free days...:p Yippee....

Happy Flying and Sailing!!! :)

If you stay at a hotel near the port, some allow you to park the car for free, some charge a minimal fee per day and some charge an outrageous amount. It all depends. You need to check with the hotel.

The Hyatt Place North/Convention Center allows you to park for free during your stay. They may have a small charge for during the cruise. It's a short cab ride from the port.

The Renaissance charges by the hour even if you're staying there. I would never stay there if I had a car to park.

These are the two hotels I'm familiar with.

The Hyatt Place North/Convention Center allows you to park for free during your stay. They may have a small charge for during the cruise. It's a short cab ride from the port.

They were charging for parking there in March even during your stay.

Port is $3 for the first hour, up to $15/day

Nothing is more covenient than using the garage when you are

sailing from berth 2.

http://www.porteverglades.net/cruising/parking/

We have been very happy using the port parking! It's great to have our car right there when we return from a cruise. :)

LuLu

~~~~

We have been very happy using the port parking! It's great to have our car right there when we return from a cruise. :)

LuLu

~~~~

As long as your ship returns to the same pier. It if does not then it is a royal pain, at times.

As long as your ship returns to the same pier. It if does not then it is a royal pain, at times.

We have cruised out of Port Everglades over 20 times. Fortunately, that has only happened to us once. You're right. That one time wasn't as convenient as normal. DH took a taxi (rather than use the shuttle) over the get the car and came back to pick me (and the luggage) up. Not too big of a problem.

LuLu

~~~~

We are parking in Sept at Port Everglades. I booked thru parksleepfly and we are staying at the Cambria Suites near the airport. We are parking at the hotel, flying to San Francisco the next morning and sailing to Lauderdale thru the Panama Canal. This way our car will be there for pickup. They allow 14days free parking, have a shuttle to the airport and the port. I think a king room for the stay was $119 + tax. You have to book thru the parksleepfly site.

We have also parked many times at the park n fly near the port. Cheaper than port parking, less problems with the traffic as they know the ins and outs and have been there waiting when the ship docks. Car is safe also. We ever parked our RV there twice.

Louise

The Hampton Inn North , one mile from the port, lets you park up to 2 weeks for $50 if you stay before the cruise. They pick us up in their free shuttle when we return and bring us to the hotel. We let the hotel know we are leaving and get on the road home. For a ten day cruise, we pay $5.00 a day.

We are parking in Sept at Port Everglades. I booked thru parksleepfly and we are staying at the Cambria Suites near the airport. We are parking at the hotel, flying to San Francisco the next morning and sailing to Lauderdale thru the Panama Canal. This way our car will be there for pickup. They allow 14days free parking, have a shuttle to the airport and the port. I think a king room for the stay was $119 + tax. You have to book thru the parksleepfly site.

We have also parked many times at the park n fly near the port. Cheaper than port parking, less problems with the traffic as they know the ins and outs and have been there waiting when the ship docks. Car is safe also. We ever parked our RV there twice.

Louise

In all of our experiences with ParkNFly, we have always been able to take our keys which is important to us since we always have a defensive weaon in the vehicle.

This list gives you the hotels that charge for parking & those which have packages: FLL Park & Cruise Hotel list

We just booked through parksleepfly.com this week...we are driving down from Georgia the end of May and booked a room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruiseport...our room and parking for the entire length of our cruise was cheaper than just parking at the port. They offer a shuttle ... but if we can find out how much a taxi cost I think we will take a taxi to the port and back.

Archived