Neptune Suites - HAL is one smart cookie

magandab

Last cruise we got an incredible upsell offer from our SY to an SA, $499 pp for a 14 day cruise. What a deal, right?

Well, we just booked our next cruise, an 11 day Southern Carribean and partial transit of the Panama Canal. Hmmm, take the chance of booking an SY? Okay, let's price an SC. Only guarantees are available and some are directly over the dining room, don't want those. So, let's look at SBs! Only 10 on the ship (Zuiderdam) and none in a bad location, so we took an SB guarantee. Those benefits are addictive!

Last cruise we got an incredible upsell offer from our SY to an SA, $499 pp for a 14 day cruise. What a deal, right?

Well, we just booked our next cruise, an 11 day Southern Carribean and partial transit of the Panama Canal. Hmmm, take the chance of booking an SY? Okay, let's price an SC. Only guarantees are available and some are directly over the dining room, don't want those. So, let's look at SBs! Only 10 on the ship (Zuiderdam) and none in a bad location, so we took an SB guarantee. Those benefits are addictive!

Ahhh - you've fallen into the trap:D

Never ever book the Prinsendam - fair warning - the nicest suites in the fleet:D but that's just my opinion of course:D and the nicest Neptune Lounge by far!

Our first HAL cruise was on Noordam III. At the time, Statendam was just about to join the fleet. We booked an "S" Suite on her during her early Inaugural cruises. We were hooked. We have now been on about 80+ HAL cruises and all but when we sailed in "PS", we have been in "S" or "SA". Once there, we find it hard to leave. As long as we continue to find enough value for our vacation dollar, it works for us.

You are hooked now..........have a wonderful cruise in your SB suite.:D

Only guarantees are available and some are directly over the dining room, don't want those.
For the future: don't worry about being over the MDR if noise is your concern. We had a Noordam cabin there, and heard nothing.

Our first HAL cruise was on Noordam III. At the time, Statendam was just about to join the fleet. We booked an "S" Suite on her during her early Inaugural cruises. We were hooked. We have now been on about 80+ HAL cruises and all but when we sailed in "PS", we have been in "S" or "SA". Once there, we find it hard to leave. As long as we continue to find enough value for our vacation dollar, it works for us.

We were also on the old Noordam III -- I don't remember an S suites on that ship.

We were in the highest category which was an "A".

Sounds like you are hooked on the "Suite" life.

It is a wonderful way to cruise.

We were also on the old Noordam III -- I don't remember an S suites on that ship.

We were in the highest category which was an "A".

KK......... ;)Please reread my post. Sorry you were confused.

We booked the "S" Suite on Statendam when she came out as a brand new ship.

We sailed Noordam III first and THEN we sailed Statendam.

We aso were in an "A" on Noordam III and I had to stand on the couch to see what the weather was. The lifeboat was right outside our window.

That's the way I remember the Noordam III and the A cabin was really nothing to write home about.

It was not 'anything to write home about' and that is why we

were delighted when we first saw the "S" category Cabin on Statendam.

I thought having the good suites located with a lifeboat outside the window was not the best view they could provide for suites. :D

Apparently they did not think it great either and that is why they created such a much better one on Statendam Class ships and those which came later.

There wasn't even a safe in the "A" on Noordam..... only a lock drawer.

HOWEVER, we had all Gucci bath products which I liked a lot. :) A whole lot of cruises later and I still remember that.

No safes in those days. But we still used the 2 locked drawers.

I think our A window was right between two of the lifeboats.

I don't remember what the name of the bathroom products we had.

We did that cruise in 2001 -- after having done a few other HAL cruises.

We go back a lot further. :D

Our Noordam III cruise was in about 1992 or 1993. It was but a bit before Statendam started sailing.

By the time you sailed first, they were using the Dutch bathroom products. They were in use until Noordam's Inaugural when they started using Elemis.

It was not 'anything to write home about' and that is why we

were delighted when we first saw the "S" category Cabin on Statendam.

I thought having the good suites located with a lifeboat outside the window was not the best view they could provide for suites. :D

Apparently they did not think it great either and that is why they created such a much better one on Statendam Class ships and those which came later.

There wasn't even a safe in the "A" on Noordam..... only a lock drawer.

HOWEVER, we had all Gucci bath products which I liked a lot. :) A whole lot of cruises later and I still remember that.

You also had a brass key for the cabin door - ah the good old Noordam.:)

LOL, yep, you are hooked. We have done verandahs, superior, and deluxe suites (or w/e they call them now, still not used to the new names). Those Neptune perks are very addictive. Have fun!! :D

I remember the brass keys on Noordam III. :)

Statendam, when new........ I remember the pale grey card with the pattern of holes which was the door key. We had a separate ID from cabin key ''''' back then '''''' :)

The safe worked off a credit card or any card with a magnetic strip.

I remember the brass keys on Noordam III. :) Statendam, when new........ I remember the pale grey card with the pattern of holes which was the door key. We had a separate ID from cabin key ''''' back then '''''' :)

The safe worked off a credit card or any card with a magnetic strip./quote]

OMG - I'm remember that from our 1st Maasdam cruise. I remember hating that we had to carry the separate ID and the Room Key. I always thought that safe thing using any old credit card was funny too.

;) Does this mean I'm not a new cruiser anymore?

Archived