Dress on 1st night in Steakhouse

My DH and I plan to eat in the Steakhouse on embarkation night on our cruise leaving from San Juan. Would they mind us not being very dressed up that night? We worry that our luggage may not arrive in time and we have muster drill following our meal time so we don't want to be overly dressed for that...

Any thoughts (FYI we won't be wearing jean maybe hubby in khakis and me in a sun dress). But we normally get pretty dressed up for the steakhouse.

My DH and I plan to eat in the Steakhouse on embarkation night on our cruise leaving from San Juan. Would they mind us not being very dressed up that night? We worry that our luggage may not arrive in time and we have muster drill following our meal time so we don't want to be overly dressed for that...

Any thoughts (FYI we won't be wearing jean maybe hubby in khakis and me in a sun dress). But we normally get pretty dressed up for the steakhouse.

You'll be totally fine wearing what you describe. No worries.

Enjoy!

Shorts are fine as well 1st night.

Will have to hide that post from DSs!! They were willing to dress nice (khakis and button down) but would love to go in shorts.

Nice to know i dont have to stress too much if our suitcase doesnt arrive on time.

Will have to hide that post from DSs!! They were willing to dress nice (khakis and button down) but would love to go in shorts.

Nice to know i dont have to stress too much if our suitcase doesnt arrive on time.

We just returned from the Breeze (2nd best cruise we have had, other the a med cruise on the Liberty). Recieved a call the day before our reservation (2nd formal night) that shorts were not permitted (which I imply means they are all other nights). We would not wear them any night, but thought I would mention it.

We just returned from the Breeze (2nd best cruise we have had, other the a med cruise on the Liberty). Recieved a call the day before our reservation (2nd formal night) that shorts were not permitted (which I imply means they are all other nights). We would not wear them any night, but thought I would mention it.

We have reservations for the 1st night (embarkation day). Shorts were never an option for DSs, but they would try to fight me if they knew it was acceptable for that meal. Their khakis and shirts will be in our carryon along with all the other essential items for the first day.

I asked this question of the Valor Steakhouse Manager and he replied with the following:

On embarkation day dress code is casual.

Thanks and regards,

It is my understanding that shorts are never an option in the Steakhouse on any night, however, jeans are fine. On the first night at the Steakhouse on the Dream, my DS was asked to go back and put long pants on. He was not permitted into the Steakhouse in his nice khaki shorts. Had to change. The first night is cruise casual in both the Steakhouse and the MDR.

Email them for clarification VASTEAKHOUSE@carnival.com

Archived