Triumph Evacuated !!!!!!!!!

Bigtex1622

http://rt.com/usa/alabama-blast-fuel-barge-364/

The crew on the Carnival cruise liner, which sits an estimated 1,000 feet away from the blast site, has been evacuated, local Channel 6 News reports

EDIT:

Bad things happen in threes.

1. fire

2. got loose

3. explosion near by

so she is safe now.

:eek:

So can someone please explain to me how this has anything to do with the

Triumph? I get that this is where the ship is currently docked, but I don't get all of the hype. I am not a "Carnival Cheerleader", but on the same token, I have no problems with Carnival (other than Mickey brick) and I love the upbeat party cruise atmosphere. However, I don't get the idea of consistently starting brew ha-ha for no good reason.

Triumph? I get that this is where the ship is currently docked, but I don't get all of the hype. I am not a "Carnival Cheerleader", but on the same token, I have no problems with Carnival (other than Mickey brick) and I love the upbeat party cruise atmosphere. However, I don't get the idea of consistently starting brew ha-ha for no good reason.

You're right, of course it doesn't have anything to do with Triumph, we just make comments because CNN has to add the fact Triumph is docked near by.

"EXPLOSION EVACUATES NIGHTMARE CARNIVAL TRIUMPH CRUISE SHIP!!" is a great ratings tease for CNN and idiots who fall for their media hype machine. :rolleyes:

The workers were evacuated? That, and it may have taken damage again.

EDIT:

Bad things happen in threes.

1. fire

2. got loose

3. explosion near by

so she is safe now.

:eek:

Well since the exploxion didnt damage Triumph, I say #3 has not happened yet. So if one was inclined to superstition, Triumph is stil waiting for a bad thing to happen.

Well since the explosion didn't damage Triumph, I say #3 has not happened yet. So if one was inclined to superstition, Triumph is still waiting for a bad thing to happen.

Lets think positive.

This is the 3rd and last.

But to set the record straight, I was not bashing Carnival at all.

I am providing info for the people that have her booked,

when she gets out of dry dock.

I just hope that they do not rope of the area for investigation.

delaying the repairs that are taking place.

But seeing what happened here in West Texas,

makes me wonder what did happen, being only 1000 feet away.

I just pray for the people and families that were affected.

:rolleyes:

Time to sink this blasted thing, claim the insurance on her and be done with it. Obviously this ship is cursed with "bad karma"...

Bless your heart..... They are not going to get rid of her. Once out of dry dock she will sail full again. How about that for karma.

Triumph?

Probably none, but conspiracy theorists out there looove this kind of story. I wouldn't be surprised if someone starts to theorize that there's a disgruntled Carnival employee still onboard who deliberately set the ship on fire, then cut the lines and set the ship adrift, and who now set off a bomb near the ship.

Even if there's absolutely no truth to it, the notion of sabotage would make for a provocative news clip on a slow news day.

Think like a reporter. :o

Bless your heart..... They are not going to get rid of her. Once out of dry dock she will sail full again. How about that for karma.

Still, Triumph is likely insured for more than she's worth. If smart-ass Cahill had any sense, he would've realized that. Look, she's almost 15 years old and likely only has 10 more of service life left on her. It would make more business sense(at least in the long run)to simply build a new vessel with insurance money from the Triumph...

Still, Triumph is likely insured for more than she's worth. If smart-ass Cahill had any sense, he would've realized that. Look, she's almost 15 years old and likely only has 10 more of service life left on her. It would make more business sense(at least in the long run)to simply build a new vessel with insurance money from the Triumph...

I apologize I guess I am not as educated as you are in maritime matters.

Hmmmm, I read the article and didn't see anything really about the Triumph. Looked at CNN's homepage and saw nothing.

Story was just on Good Morning America...more of an emphasis on the barges than on Carnival. They just mentioned that the Triumph was still in the area and crew had been evacuated.

It's carnivals fault. If there is a whale tail in the vicinity it has to be blamed on carnival. How does that sound? I'm trying to get a job at CNN. Lol in all seriousness prayers for all those injured in the blast.

Right! LOL The media soooo needs to leave Carnival alone.....enough already news media, get over it and move along to something important....sheesh....there is more to life than what Carnival is or is not doing.

Archived