Triumph Evacuated !!!!!!!!!

Bigtex1622

Right! LOL The media soooo needs to leave Carnival alone.....enough already news media, get over it and move along to something important....sheesh....there is more to life than what Carnival is or is not doing.

Although not too many would admit a Carnival story is part of their life, an evacuation of a cruise ship is certainly news. Every time it happens.

Story would have been bigger had the ship been damaged.

Saw a live report from Mobile this morning where the Triumph was mentioned as being nearby during this explosion, the crew and staff were evacuated, and the "Carnival Curse" (deep scary music in the background), came up.

What I saw was a ship that was brightly lit, gave every outward indication that repairs were well underway and would soon return to service. While I have not cruised Carnival in a while, would gladly cruise Triumph and have a great time. The media needs to move on.

Right on ! The more people that hate her, the more room for you and I..;)

RIGHT!! I wish the Triumph bashers would take a long walk off a short pier! ;) 58 days until we sail away on her.

I agree things happen in threes, so the Triumph is now safe and I think we're done with things that go boom as well (Boston, West, Texas, and Mobile).

FAUX NEWS is giving the story mileage and including the Triumph connection. Fair and balanced !

They're not the only ones (and I'm not a faux news or Carnival cheerleader). GMA reported the explosions and just had to mention that the Triumph was nearby. Of course, they had to include a little footage of and mention all the people stuck on it for days.

I said to myself what does the Triumph, sitting around minding its own business, have to do with the explosions on a ship nearby? :confused:

The Destiny renaming curse is still alive

Oh, that's just a silly superstition.

But maybe they shouldn't have towed the Triumph into Mobile harbor on Friday the 13th, under the bridge with all those ladders on it, and what was the Harbor Pilot thinking - bringing that black cat aboard!

:cool:

It is just too many explosions of late..I freaked on a ranch as a kid having to use dynamite to open up water for cattle in winter due to ice in summer due to beaver dams.

I feel so for anyone close to these huge explosions and i can't begin to wrap my head around the blasts as of late..prayers to Mobile, West Texas, and Boston...

And I am just remembering I did have a rabbit's foot as a kid...now it is just a bit of a YUCK thought..I thought nothing of it..it was on a key chain..I wonder how I got that thing...

I hope the ship makes it..but it is so sad and becoming eerie...sorry.

Here is the good news, things come in 3s. Power outage, breaks loose from pier and now a explosion 1,000' away. So, it is clear sailing from here.

I found out things don't happen in threes. I used my divining rods to find my Ouija board since my magic 8 ball was leaking, and that told me things actually happen in 7.9's.

There were a total of 7 explosions in all, through the night. My neighbor's son works at Austal USA, next to the refueling terminal where the barges exploded. He said that the concussion from the blast and the heat from the fire were intense. His shipyard eventually sent everyone home for the night. The blast was reportedly felt in homes up to 30 miles away. They let the fire burn itself out, and it is just smoldering this morning. I imagine that the Triumph crew was put up in hotels for the night and will be back on board today, to continue work. They certainly had a front row seat to the excitement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ByxErusIP7A

While this is certainly not Carnival's fault, there are plenty of jokes going around locally about Triumph bringing it's bad karma to Mobile. Last night a massive explosion in the river, and last week, a brand new Navy ship built in Mobile suffered TWO engine fires during builder's trials in the Gulf.

So can someone please explain to me how this has anything to do with the

Triumph? I get that this is where the ship is currently docked, but I don't get all of the hype. I am not a "Carnival Cheerleader", but on the same token, I have no problems with Carnival (other than Mickey brick) and I love the upbeat party cruise atmosphere. However, I don't get the idea of consistently starting brew ha-ha for no good reason.

You are right. And I am sure there are other ships, that are docked here. But funny, no mention of them !

There were a total of 7 explosions in all, ....I imagine that the Triumph crew was put up in hotels for the night and will be back on board today, to continue work......

I hope so, she needs to get back to Texas.

Thanks for the up date, I trust stuff here on CC over CNN.

:rolleyes:

I find it odd that people blast CNN and others for reporting it affected Triumph .. but they dont seem to slam the several threads of people who couldnt wait to rush here with reports that Triumph was doomed or whatever. At least this OP didnt post subject lines like that.. just kept to facts.

I hope so, she needs to get back to Texas.

Thanks for the up date, I trust stuff here on CC over CNN.

:rolleyes:

FOX said that the crew onboard slept on the floor of the civic center last night when they were evacuated.

not sure why you would believe someone's guess about hotel rooms being provided over a news source.

I too am frustrated and wish she would hurry back to Texas.

Well at least the graph you quoted wasn't the lead.

The CNN headline will probably be "Carnival ship barely escapes inferno,".

I just realized I accused CNN of doing what the OP did with his way overly dramatic thread title. :rolleyes:

FOX said that the crew onboard slept on the floor of the civic center last night when they were evacuated.

not sure why you would believe someone's guess about hotel rooms being provided over a news source.

I too am frustrated and wish she would hurry back to Texas.

Hey, anybodies guess is as good as mine. :D

LOL, that has nothing to do with Carnival or the Triumph. How many other ships or buildings were evacuated ?

A bunch!! I know the Austal USA shipyard ended up sending everyone home for the night. BAE Systems said that they were sheltering in place. Other than the big explosions, the situation never really got out of hand. The Mobile FD hung around to watch and let it burn itself out. Here's some scanner chatter from when it was first reported, to when they started standing down. There was some initial confusion as to where the explosion took place. The first report being that the Renaissance Riverview Plaza hotel had exploded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BKpBNNjWmjU

Archived