Live from silver cloud mid-atlantic

dusababy

On our cruise you could either hand it in at reception or leave it in the suite.

Our marketing dept gets on our case if any score is less than perfect. I routinely get all 4 and 5 ( on a 5 point scale), and they criticize the 4's. no matter how high we score ( which was in the top 95% nationwide last year) we are told to do better. It really is not very motivating, and the written comments mean a lot more to me personally.

The forms are coded, so the line knows from whence they came. There have also been announcements lately, that tell you NOT to hand the form to your butler. The forms must be deposited by the guest into the box at the desk. Those that are turned in by crew are supposedly not accepted.

I saw no reference to requesting name or suite number in either post. The forms are usually handed in at reception or placed in a convenient box. And I don't see the connection anyway.

Wrapping up EXPERIENCES on this voyage instead of commenting further on management philosophies in handling problems or validity of on-board surveys....

The ship is beautiful. The crew is wonderful. Food: in the MDR the best I could do on the evaluation was a 5. Lunch in MDR most days was very good, sometimes excellent, dinner -- not so much. Lunch at the pool a couple of days and it was OK -- expectations were reasonable and they were satisfied. Le Champagne - 3 times and it was terrific. Such a civilized environment with extremely gracious service and excellent food. I can give this a 10. (I know -- see previous posts by others about 1-10 rating system but in my rating system -- George Clooney is a 10. He's not perfect, but he's as good as it gets. Same with Le Champagne on Silver Cloud.)

Agree with Rachel about the canapes -- very disappointing and so easy to correct. And I was surprised in The Bar and Panorama -- I didn't recognize a single crew member. I asked CD David about this and he said it was just crew rotation -- I hope he's correct. Supervisory staff in MDR - some familiar faces, with new and enthusiastic wait staff. Captain Marco runs a very social ship. He and senior staff hosted tables almost every night - Gianni Dotti especially visible with large groups -- a real professional and one of Silversea's great assets.

Debarkation in Lisbon was the most efficient I've ever experienced. We were docked shortly after 7 AM - first off blue tags were called at 8:15, and within 15 minutes I had my passport, my luggage, and I was on board the bus to LIS en route to CDG and LAX. And only 26 hours later I was home! Gee -- the miracle of flight.
Next trip review: V.5336 -- see you there? ;)

I can give this a 10. (I know -- see previous posts by others about 1-10 rating system but in my rating system -- George Clooney is a 10. He's not perfect, but he's as good as it gets. Same with Le Champagne on Silver Cloud.)

Great analogy dusababy...my meal in Le Champagne on the Shadow was a 10, just like Mr Clooney.:D

Cheers

Jennifer

What would you have rated your meal at Le Champagne if Mr. Clooney were seat across the table from you?

No change in food rating -- would have given management another 10 for attention to detail/guests' enjoyment.....

(Responding in same spirit the question posed.....;)

No change in food rating -- would have given management another 10 for attention to detail/guests' enjoyment.....

(Responding in same spirit the question posed.....;)

LOL :D:D

Big time for guests' enjoyment.

Cheers

Jennifer

Our Le Champagne dinnner last month on the Spirit spring crossing was a 10, not only due to service & cuisine but due my George Clooner dinner partner--Ida.

Archived