NE/Canada 2014 Maasdam

I Luv Crusin

I'm so excited that the itineraries have come out for next June, I'm not so excited that if I could do the same itinerary this year for less than 1/2 the cost. I know that this is looking into a crystal ball but do prices typically go down every spring or does it vary year to year?

If I booked an outside cabin for 1300.00pp now and they and HAL lowers the price next spring can I get a refund or OBC? What if I book with a Travel Agent? What if I book directly?

I really want to do this.

Since we would be flying into Boston and out of Montreal is it better to do air on our own or through HAL? What if we go up a day early and come back a day later?

TIA

There is absolutely no way to predict what prices are going to do.

Common advice here is to book now. Up to final payment, you will get any price drop that occurs. After final payment you MIGHT get some compensation for a price drop, but that is strictly at the discretion of HAL.

I started following prices in January this year. They went down considerably after the final payment date. I booked three weeks ago for a cruise that leaves in two weeks. Even after I booked, the price fell another $40 per person for our type of cabin (outside).

You will always get a lower price before the final payment date if you ask. It's after that that the deals are typically for new bookings only. Another consideration is your airfare. I got lucky with being able to buy one-way tickets to Quebec for our cruise on U.S. Air and one-way tickets back from Boston on Southwest at reasonable prices. When I checked this week (after noticing the price drop on the cruise fare), the prices for airline tickets had gone up $160 per person.

The prices on HAL's website for the cruise I want to do next year are so inexpensive! I just wish I could go this year. I understand airfare can be expensive especially if you wait until the last minute to book it. Usually I book as far out as I can to get the cabin I want.

Decisions.........but a lanai room this year is what I'd spend for an Ocean View next year. "sigh"

Archived