Can you use a Starbucks gift card at Starbucks on Allure?

This is a bit off topic but we linked our sea pass card to our RCI Visa but when I went to purchase a high end watch at the jewelry shop I asked if they were able to swipe my Amex card since it offered better protection on my purchase.....they glady did without any problems.

What are the prices like on the Allure for Starbucks?

The same as at any Starbucks on land. Remember that prices at land based Starbucks can vary based on the difference in sales taxes throughout the country.

We sailed on the Allure in August and they do NOT accept Starbucks gift cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I sailed on the Allure in September and used my Starbucks card every day with no problem. You can use Starbucks gift/gold cards only on the Oasis and Allure as these are the only two ships with independent Starbucks franchise's on board. I think many people are confusing the fact that almost all of Royal Caribbean's ships carry Starbucks coffee's and products and the fact that the Starbucks on Oasis/Allure are actual Starbucks stores.

We were on the Allure in July of 2013 and I did see people using a SB gift card with no question. (I was using my seapass card)

:)

We were on Allure in Nov and DH used his gold SB card, but they also accept regular Starbucks cards which really are just gift cards. DH loved it because he got a free drink when we got home because it added so many drinks. I should have brought my card.

Yes, they accept Starbucks Cards on Allure...and if your card is registered you earn 'Stars' just like on land. I used mine most days onboard Allure last month.

They have a separate machine at the Starbucks just for running through Starbucks cards, which prints out a separate receipt, listing your purchase having been made at Allure of the Seas in Miami, Florida, and providing an up to date card balance...so yes, it connects via satellite Internet to the Starbucks card payment system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW - This is great to know.. :)

I have a theory that the ship internet connection as two speeds - employee speed and guest speed. So my guess (if the theory hold true) the back of house internet is at least better than the "front of house" system, i would even guess (based on the WOW) that it is pretty damn good.

Sorry but your theory is not correct -- at least for the employee internet speeds. I have discussed this with several of the staff, including members of the Cruise Director's staff and "their" internet is slower than what we pay for at the internet cafe or using wifi. "Slowest possible" is what I have been told. That is why you see them headed to cafes in port that have internet, which they tell me is much faster. I've even offered to let them use some of our free minutes because we never use them all up but they tell me that would be get them fired.