Online resourse for wher an O ship will dock?

jtslattery

Does anyone know a resource that will identify in advance where specifically an Oceania ship will dock. I understand things can change due to conditions but with many ports having multiple cruise ship terminals, how can I find out what is planned for an upcoming cruise

Does anyone know a resource that will identify in advance where specifically an Oceania ship will dock. I understand things can change due to conditions but with many ports having multiple cruise ship terminals, how can I find out what is planned for an upcoming cruise

Information is highly variable; don't know of a single O-specific resource. In general, I've had varying degrees of luck but the best source in my experience tends to be the individual website of each city's port authority.

Run a google search "cruise ship terminal ______" where you fill in the city you're interested in. Or search for "Port authority ____" or "cruise ship schedule port of ____" as alternatives. When you get to the port authority's official website, look for a docking schedule, and see if they list the specific pier where you're scheduled to dock. Some list them far in advance, some list them only a few weeks out.

Good luck! If you let us know which specific ports you're interested in, some of us may know the websites and can give you more specific direction.

This can be slightly difficult to determine at times. Although the cruise line may say where they think they will dock, and where they have docked in the past, but it is not a guarantee where they will dock in the future. Frankly it is a matter not in the cruise company's control, as it is ultimately a matter for the harbormaster. It will depend on what other ships are in port, when this or the other ship is due to leave, etc., etc., etc. Some ports do publish an online list of what ships are due, what docks they will use, etc., but it is very hit-and-miss. Knowing where the ship has usually docked, or where it expects to dock is as good a way to know as any, but just be aware that there is no guarantee that what they have done in the past will determine the future.

I second the info directly above, particularly the part about the dock locations being subject to change. However, there IS a web site some people on here have mentioned that lists almost all port sites in one place. I believe it is cruiseitt or cruisett or something like that. However, I usually google"port of X" and can get the port web site, which is most likely accurate, at least at the time of googling. English is the language used for all ports, so it's easy to find "Port of" whatever. Copenhagen's a little confusing, as it is a joint site for Malmo, Sweden and Copenhagen, and other ports might be a little hard to google as well, but so far I've found all port sites I've googled.

You can always call Oceania, but if a port changes the assignments, the info they give you may be out of date.

Archived