All Things Legend of the Seas (Post Revitalization)

During the Western Med itinerary that the Legend is currently on, how is the ship's time with respect to the local times??

We are planning for the different ports and have the RCCL arrival-departure times from the itinerary but would like to know how, for example RCCL's 10 AM in Mallorca, compares to the local time for train/bus schedules.

Also, typically how long after the itinerary arrival time can one depart the ship???

Thanks for all the help and the valuable info on this thread.

The ships time are the same as local time.

10 AM arrival is in Barcelona.

Usually we were able to go ashore as soon the ship was docked and cleared. I cant remember for sure but I less than 30 minutes after we docked.

2013-05-28093032_zpsa973e9d6.jpg"]2013-05-28093032_zpsa973e9d6.jpg[/url]

From the Bridge:

2013-05-31100458_zpsa9e3b904.jpg"]2013-05-31100458_zpsa9e3b904.jpg[/url]

2013-05-31100614_zps92f3e097.jpg"]2013-05-31100614_zps92f3e097.jpg[/url]

Thank you for posting pictures of your GS. We are booked in 8014 on our Greece/Turkey cruise in September, so right next door. How was the room/location?

Thank you for posting pictures of your GS. We are booked in 8014 on our Greece/Turkey cruise in September, so right next door. How was the room/location?

The cabin was as you can see very comfortable just a short walk from midship elevators and the forward elevators.

The cabin was just under the Windjammer so we did hear some moving of trolleys early in the morning and afternoon. The faint sound of the band at the pool deck could also be heard.

We have had this same GS and GS on the other side of the ship on other Vision class ships and never had any problems with noise.

If you can, I am not sure if it will have any impact on the noise, but you could try to move to another cabin more mid ship.

The noise was no problem for us .

We had a fantastic cruise.

Further, I was a bit surprised Royal hadn't upgraded the bathrooms in the suites.

The wallpaper is a bit dated and one of the sinks had a few cracks.

Minor things but I doubt it would make the ships refit much more expensive...

hcazrat - thank you for posting the pictures of the CL (although I have many cruises to take until I can enter one.) The pictures from the bridge are very cool.

Here's the picture of the tables in the WJ from DHDisneylover's blog.

The caption reads "There was a definite oddity about the room though. ALL of the tables in the Windjammer indoor seating area were set extremely low to the ground. Almost coffee table height:

941926_587983827902282_492638660_n.jpg

Edited by Travel R

NHDisneylover also answered a few outstanding questions from this thread (it has been modified to fit a Question & Answer format):

1) How many kids were on the ship (pre-teens & teens)?

I don't really know how many kids there were. There were about 8-10 teens who used the teen club regularly. (interestingly, for the first time ever my kids were the only native English speakers in the club--both weeks!). We did see quite a few other teens who weren't going to the clubs.

2) Were there seats available at the pool, or did the seat-hogs drop have every chair "reserved."

No seat hogs. In fact, we commented both weeks that this was an exceptionally well behaved group of passengers. People did not save seats all day by the pools (though the cold weather may be part of that), no one tried to save seats in the theatre, only 2-3 times on the second cruise did we run into people smoking where they should not, only one (notable) woman yelled at staff, no one cut in line at the buffets, no kids were running wild (heck, we saw kids wait for adults to get out of the hot tub before quietly getting in themselves!).

3) How was the dress in the MDR on formal, smart casual, & casual evenings?

It was less dressy/stylish than other Med cruises we have been on. Nice, but not as nice as we have gotten used to. I think part of this may be because it was cooler than most expected and people were sticking to their warmer clothes. On formal night about 10% of men wore tuxedos and 50% suits, the rest were in sports jackets, ties only, or even golf shirts. About 15% of women had on long gowns and the most of the rest wore cocktail dresses.

4) Were there any areas on the ship you would recommend for any of the sailaways?

Honestly, it was cold and windy for most of the sail-aways so if we were anywhere, we were on our own balcony (note, the Starboard side--which we were lucky enough to have--faced the port at each stop).

5) Do they have a steam room or showers that are free?

I did not use them but I believe the restrooms in the spa had saunas in them (not showers). You can go through the gym to access them.

6) Was escargot served on any evenings during either itinerary?

Yes. Escargot was on the menu during the first formal night (Marseilles).

7) In "The Planner" for this itinerary that was posted not long ago, they had an event listed as "Ice Under the Big Top" -- could you please explain what that was?

We did not have an "ice under the big top" This was the name if an ice skating show on the Adventure last year (we did notice MANY mistakes on the written things--like saying the pool was on deck 11 on the "getting oriented" sheet that they hand out at check in, etc; so my guess that this was also a mistake. In any event it was not happening while we were on board).

8) Were there any shows that were "must see" or "nice to see" or any that were "don't waste your time"?

We enjoy the production shows. Even more, in the Centrum we like "Seasons" and the Broadway song set by Reece and Amy. We LOVED the Emperors of Soul (they were on our first week, and we were told they tend to be on 2 weeks then off 2) and Kirk Marsh (but I think he left that week). Persoanlly, I think Abbamax (who has been on literally every one of my RCI sailings) is a "don't bother" but if you adore Abba then you may feel differently (though my kids love Abba and still are not wowed by this show).

9) Do you have a list of the shops in the centrum (I know, a picky questions, but trying to get all the details on the Legend as I can)

I am not much of a shopper, so I do not. Sorry. I can tell you what some of them were, but no names. There was a candy/snack shop, a shop with RCI merchandise and some sports clothes (Quicksilver, etc), a watch and sunglasses shop, a jewelry shop and a shop with souvenirs like one could find in port (Spanish fans, etc).

10) Would you please post (on here or your blog) pictures of the Cruise Compass for each day?

I'll try to scan them and get them posted on the blog. I only kept the first week (as they were mostly the same).

11) Where there any non-crowded or "secret" areas on the ship you enjoyed?

It honestly never felt that crowded anywhere.

12) Were there any non-production events that you think are must-attend?

Everyone likes different things, so this is a hard question to answer. I highlighted above the shows that I liked best.

Aren't those short tables odd? :confused:

All we could figure was that the shipyard was in Singapore and maybe they used some standard issue something that was made for a smaller population? I am not sure that is really the case at all, but it was the only viable theory we had.

Aren't those short tables odd? :confused:

All we could figure was that the shipyard was in Singapore and maybe they used some standard issue something that was made for a smaller population? I am not sure that is really the case at all, but it was the only viable theory we had.

Those tables and chairs has been around for ages. They where not changed during the last refurb.

I-Cruiser. Thanks for the Grand Suite and Concierge Lounge pics. We booked one for our next cruise, and it was nice to see how they differ from the ones on Liberty.

You are welcome:) I have not been in a GS and CL on the Liberty...yet.

I would think they would be larger on board the Liberty..?

Travel R: You asked this question:

There is an open deck area all the way aft outside the gym.

You can get there by the stairs from where the rock climbing wall is or walk through the gym and use the exit.

Edited by I-Cruiser

Those tables and chairs has been around for ages. They where not changed during the last refurb.

That makes it even weirder! :rolleyes:

I have scanned your thread but not read it really closely--I must have missed that part.

Travel R: You asked this question:

There is an open deck area all the way aft outside the gym.

You can get there by the stairs from where the rock climbing wall is or walk through the gym and use the exit.

Thanks for the info!

We are back from a nice cruise with the Legend of the Seas in the Western Med, embarking on 2. of June in Genoa. I am thinking about a short review and I am also happy to answer all of your questions.

7) In "The Planner" for this itinerary that was posted not long ago, they had an event listed as "Ice Under the Big Top" -- could you please explain what that was?
We got this show on our itinerary. On the website they call this "jaw-dropping aerial spectacles", located in the centrum. 2 ladies sitting on a trapeze, dressed like ice princesses, coming up from above with a bottle of champagne in their hands. You have the chance to step up the stairs to them, standing side by side with a champagne glass they refill. The photographer takes a picture of you.

We are back from a nice cruise with the Legend of the Seas in the Western Med, embarking on 2. of June in Genoa. I am thinking about a short review and I am also happy to answer all of your questions.

We got this show on our itinerary. On the website they call this "jaw-dropping aerial spectacles", located in the centrum. 2 ladies sitting on a trapeze, dressed like ice princesses, coming up from above with a bottle of champagne in their hands. You have the chance to step up the stairs to them, standing side by side with a champagne glass they refill. The photographer takes a picture of you.

Interesting. We had the girls all in white wintery coats drop down through the Cetrum inside of "Chandelier type tings, and pour champagne for guests during the "Captains Gala Reception" but there was no other "show" to go with it and it did not have its own name.

Hi all,

We are on LOS 9th September this year (Eastern Med) and would be grateful if anyone could answer a couple of questions for us:

1. I’m led to believe that wines served onboard can vary from ship to ship and with different itineraries/destinations. RCI Premium Drinks Package ($55) states that “House Wines” are included. As this ship has recently arrived in the Med could anyone just off or cruising this ship in the near future be so kind as to find out what wines are classed as “House Wines” and which ones might be included in the Drinks Packages?

2. Is there anywhere onboard we can get tea or coffee outside of the normal restaurant open hours (ie 5 or 6 in the morning)? A previous cruise on Explorer had a coffee station for take away beverages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

We are on LOS 9th September this year (Eastern Med) and would be grateful if anyone could answer a couple of questions for us:

1. I’m led to believe that wines served onboard can vary from ship to ship and with different itineraries/destinations. RCI Premium Drinks Package ($55) states that “House Wines” are included. As this ship has recently arrived in the Med could anyone just off or cruising this ship in the near future be so kind as to find out what wines are classed as “House Wines” and which ones might be included in the Drinks Packages?

2. Is there anywhere onboard we can get tea or coffee outside of the normal restaurant open hours (ie 5 or 6 in the morning)? A previous cruise on Explorer had a coffee station for take away beverages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

we only ordered wines by the bottle, so I cannot hep you with your first question, but as to the second, there is tea and coffee available at the beverage stations near each pool and at least one of those is always one (the one in the Solarium was never closed that we saw and the other only once very late).