All Things Legend of the Seas (Post Revitalization)

We are also just off the April repositioning cruise. I will be writing a review soon. It will be difficult to answer many of the questions as ours was a unique itinerary. The staff was used to the Asian cruises and getting ready for the Med. Thus many were not prepared for the group onboard or the itinerary. The food improved greatly from the first 14 days to the second. The wonderful maitre'd explained that the kitchen staff was used to mostly Asian food and the transition took some time. He was right. The housekeeping staff was fantastic. We had wonderful room stewards and the public areas were very clean. There will be a new cruise director so activity info will likely change. Dan was getting off in Rome and after vacation will go back to Asia on another ship.

Thanks for the great post. My DW and I are doing B2B on the Legend; Jan 24th.& Feb 3rd. 2014. I understand the pools were not heated;did that include the Solarium Pool? Does anyone know if there is a mini-fridge in a Ocean view cabin?

We are also just off the April repositioning cruise. I will be writing a review soon. It will be difficult to answer many of the questions as ours was a unique itinerary. The staff was used to the Asian cruises and getting ready for the Med. Thus many were not prepared for the group onboard or the itinerary. The food improved greatly from the first 14 days to the second. The wonderful maitre'd explained that the kitchen staff was used to mostly Asian food and the transition took some time. He was right. The housekeeping staff was fantastic. We had wonderful room stewards and the public areas were very clean. There will be a new cruise director so activity info will likely change. Dan was getting off in Rome and after vacation will go back to Asia on another ship.

28 days out -- that must have been completely fabulous. I am glad to hear that the food had improved. Although it is fairly subjective, I have always enjoyed the food on my RCI cruises (I also do not try to compare it to food at a 5 star restaurant - it is good for a restaurant that bulk caters to 1000's of people for each meal). Stepping up the presentation is a move in the right direction -- I took a cooking class where the chef would always say "presentation makes up 75 percent of the taste."

If anyone knows the name of the new CD, it would be good to add to this post (along with the name of the Captan, which I never researched).

I look forward to reading your review - please post a link when it is finished.

Thanks for the great post. My DW and I are doing B2B on the Legend; Jan 24th.& Feb 3rd. 2014. I understand the pools were not heated;did that include the Solarium Pool? Does anyone know if there is a mini-fridge in a Ocean view cabin?

Neither the Mail Pool or the Solarium Pool are heated (I specifically asked about the Solarium on another post). But at least it is covered on rainy days.

Hmmmm . . . I had not included information about the accesories available in each of the different categories of cabins. I might start some research on that, although currently I am doing research on the Med. ports I will be visiting.

The Park Cafe is open late at night? We were on the Oasis a few years ago and it was never open past 6 or 6:30.

Yes, the Park Cafe was open for supper, all the way till past 1am I recall.

The offerings are fairly limited after 9pm, but they have freshly baked pizzas, which were always good.

Our OV cabin on Deck 3 did not have a fridge. Neither did the balcony we had on Deck 6 the last two weeks.

Hi all,

We are cruising the Eastern Med on LOS in Sep this year. I’m led to believe that wines served onboard can vary from ship to ship and with different itineraries / destinations.

RCI Premium Drinks Package ($55) states that “House Wines” are included. As this ship has recently arrived in the Med could anyone cruising this ship in the near future be so kind as to find out what wines are classed as “House Wines” and which ones might be included in the Drinks Packages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the information. I don't understand why they don't have mini fridges. I guess we'll be taking a collapsible color on our 15 day Panama Cruise. It will be a little too steamy not to have cool drinks available in our stateroom.

We sailed on the Legend to Hawaii many years ago. We are thinking about the Legend for Med next summer. I'm disappointed to find that there is no mini-fridge in the balcony cabins. Does this apply to ALL balcony cabins? They still have the shower curtains too??? Will the menu change slightly when it heads to the Med?

We sailed on the Legend to Hawaii many years ago. We are thinking about the Legend for Med next summer. I'm disappointed to find that there is no mini-fridge in the balcony cabins. Does this apply to ALL balcony cabins? They still have the shower curtains too??? Will the menu change slightly when it heads to the Med?

Don't know about the fridges, but Legend still has shower curtains.

Grandeur, Vision and Enchantment have mini-fridges in the balcony and above cabins. I would be really surprised if Legend and Splendor didn't have them in those categories as well. :)

Hi all,

We are cruising the Eastern Med on LOS in Sep this year. I’m led to believe that wines served onboard can vary from ship to ship and with different itineraries / destinations.

RCI Premium Drinks Package ($55) states that “House Wines” are included. As this ship has recently arrived in the Med could anyone cruising this ship in the near future be so kind as to find out what wines are classed as “House Wines” and which ones might be included in the Drinks Packages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are booked on a future Legend cruise. We have a D2 Balcony - Superior Ocean View Stateroom. According to the deck plans on the Royal site it does have a fridge. So check the deck plans for your balcony category, it would appear that some do and some don't.

The balcony staterooms on deck 6 originally OS on Legend do not have a fridge. They also have less storage than original OS. We were originally booked into 6058 on April 5 sailing but were lucky enough to be upgraded to a JS. Our friends in 6050 were not so lucky.We have always had a fridge in balconies. I believe the Splendour has had a similar refit. Best to check before booking

The E1 balcony staterooms on deck 6 have no fridge and poor storage since upgrade. Staterooms were outsides and balconys added. Just off April 5 sailing. Was booked into 6058 but were lucky enough to be upgraded JS8044. Our travel companions were not so lucky and found 6050 lacked fridge and storage limited. They and others were set to complain to RCI on return.

You could have asked for a fridge we did and got one. the storage was terrible, as were the cleaning up of the table's after people had finished eating.

Thanks for the information. I don't understand why they don't have mini fridges. I guess we'll be taking a collapsible color on our 15 day Panama Cruise. It will be a little too steamy not to have cool drinks available in our stateroom.

We were in a D1 balcony cabin on deck 7 and did have a mini fridge.

Just off Legend yesterday and can confirm the Captain is Arild Hansen and Mercedes Lafuente joined on 4th May as Cruise Director, along with a mainly new Activities Team.

The cruise was the first in Europe and very much a ship in transition. The first few days seemed quiet as people boarded on those days and many people onboard were actually groups of travel agents.

Food is obviously a subjective issue and the Royal Caribbean menu is what it is - we always find something to eat but have seen a lot of variation in how the cooking is executed on different ships. I have to say we were very impressed with the food on this ship - it's the old menu (the new one will be introduced in June) but the execution was very good. Chops was excellent.

MTD (as posted elsewhere) needs to be sorted out. The best cruises we've been on for MTD had 2 lines - one for those who had booked and one for those who just turned up. This cruise had one (at times very long) line and led to much frustration.

Muster drills take place for people who board that day - our muster (from Civitavecchia) took place on deck, those who boarded in Genoa and Marseille had muster in the theatre.

I don't see how Meet and Mingle is going to work on this itinerary. We had notification that the M & M would be held on our final (sea) day - a bit late for a M & M in my opinion :rolleyes: When I pointed this out they said that since it's the only sea day and people are boarding in 3 ports there's no other logical time.

We were disappointed to see only one wine package on offer - not the old Gold, Silver, Platinum package and at over $40 per bottle for the first time we decided not to take out a wine package.

We were in a JS and had a mini fridge in our cabin and for the first time it really was a fridge - and not just a colder than average cupboard - and kept our wine and water properly chilled.

For those who are in suites and/or Diamond and above the addition of the 2 lounges was great and we were well looked after by some wonderful staff.

Sorry, this turned into a bit of a review - please ask away if you have any questions.