Anyone use the KYSS Bag?

Noel182002

5 of us women bought the kyss bag for our last cruise and we all loved it. We put the chain around trees near us, or our chaise lounges, and never had to worry about anyone taking anything. Several of us used it as out airplane carry-on. Well worth the money!

I bought the regular size Kyss bag last year and am kind of on the fence about its effectiveness. As others have said it is canvas and can easily be slashed. It has a combo lock and you need to sure you check on the numbers right before you close it. It will deter the grab and run thief only. I put it between our lounges at the beach and sort of covered it with a towel. I also used it as a carry on for our cruise and it's a good size for a beach bag. Do a search on this board and you will find other threads with thoughts on the bag.

I just got mine in this week. Looks good, I bought the large bag so will have room for everything. Lock looks sturdy enough and material is fairly thick. Should be great for leaving chained to a lounge chair while in the water.

I just got mine in this week. Looks good, I bought the large bag so will have room for everything. Lock looks sturdy enough and material is fairly thick. Should be great for leaving chained to a lounge chair while in the water.

Please come back and give your opinion after your upcoming cruise.

We have used the Kryss Bag on three cruises, and a couple of Florida and South Alabama Trips, Works great, carries all our towels and electronics, chain to tree, lounger, table, or anywhere, that would be hard to run away with, Keeps the honest people out, as best you can ask for....carrying it next month on the Conquest for sure....

When I lived in the Philippines, one of the dangers of any kind of bag was from thieves who were experts with knives. They could cut open a bag and grab what they wanted, then dispapear into the crowd before you even were aware your bag had been slashed.

I wonder how resistant the fabric of this bag would be to a slash-and-grab perpetrator. I also wonder how strong the chain is. I've had friends whose bicylce chains and locks were cut and their bikes stolen. Bicycle chain locks must be even stronger than on this bag.

That said, the idea of chaining a bag to a substantial pole, tree, lounger, etc. seems like a good one to me. I'd still stay alert and close to the bag. It would be better on a cruise ship than, say, a public beach. Where there is a will, there is a way for thieves.

We bought a KYSS bag for our cruise last month and we loved it. We are snorkelers and love to be face down in the water for hours at a time! This cruise we did not have to worry about our stuff at all! It was great to be able to pack our Kindles without worrying about theft. It would not stop the die hard thief in getting your stuff but it certainly would stop someone from rifling through it or grabbing it and taking off. We were much more comfortable with the bag! We bought the medium sized bag and thought it was plenty big enough. Ladies, make sure to get it in a masculine color...it gets really heavy when it is filled up and you may not want to be the only one lugging it around! I wish the straps were a bit more padded! My ony complaint! Too bad they couldn't make it more like a backpack style bag.

Lauri

When I lived in the Philippines, one of the dangers of any kind of bag was from thieves who were experts with knives. They could cut open a bag and grab what they wanted, then dispapear into the crowd before you even were aware your bag had been slashed.

I wonder how resistant the fabric of this bag would be to a slash-and-grab perpetrator. I also wonder how strong the chain is. I've had friends whose bicylce chains and locks were cut and their bikes stolen. Bicycle chain locks must be even stronger than on this bag.

That said, the idea of chaining a bag to a substantial pole, tree, lounger, etc. seems like a good one to me. I'd still stay alert and close to the bag. It would be better on a cruise ship than, say, a public beach. Where there is a will, there is a way for thieves.

All these things are to detour the amateur thief. The professional can get thru almost anything.

Found a blog about a guy who used a ScottVest jacket. He has no idea how a pickpocket got into some of the pockets. Similar to a theif getting into a woman's bra.

DD's University Police discourage bike chains and only recommend solid steel Ushaped locks.

All these things are to detour the amateur thief. The professional can get thru almost anything.

Found a blog about a guy who used a ScottVest jacket. He has no idea how a pickpocket got into some of the pockets. Similar to a theif getting into a woman's bra.

DD's University Police discourage bike chains and only recommend solid steel Ushaped locks.

This is why I made the choice to not buy a Kyss or Lock-a-bye (locking handle bag) because I question how it would really make a difference. It may deter the amateur ones but are they the ones I should really worry about?

I would think it would just signal to a serious thief that I have something worth going after. At least the Lock-a-bye IMO screams "I am a locking bag, steal me" a bit less since the mechanism is just a handle and not a chain. I just wonder if the reason we don't hear about theft in these bags is just the reason we don't hear about theft in general much. Most of us are careful enough to avoid the ones you really need to worry about.

All of these things are just a 'deterrent' and certainly not fool proof - just want to make is 'less easy' for a thief to grab your bag - the only pricey thing I have in there may be my camera (and with the kyss bag the chain is really not that obvious when locked up....not like a big bike chain in my opinion)...and I am usually in the 'vicinity' and can see my bag (e.g. while swimming in the pool in Mexico)..

Edited by Froufie

I can't quite tell from the website, but do these KYSS bags have handles that are long enough to carry them on your shoulder? I really like the idea of them, but if I have to hand-carry them everywhere I go that will make them a lot less attractive for me.

I can't quite tell from the website, but do these KYSS bags have handles that are long enough to carry them on your shoulder? I really like the idea of them, but if I have to hand-carry them everywhere I go that will make them a lot less attractive for me.

I had no problem carrying it over my shoulder!

I carried mine on my shoulder and I am not a little girl....they certainly are long enough. I wish the straps were more padded though...my shoulder did get sore from carrying it..of course I was carrying everyone's towels etc and had a bit of sunburn...that's why I got dark blue so hubby can carry it too!

Lauri

• 3 months later...

read somewhere they have a 12" drop strap so you can carry on shoulders.

5 of us women bought the kyss bag for our last cruise and we all loved it. We put the chain around trees near us, or our chaise lounges, and never had to worry about anyone taking anything. Several of us used it as out airplane carry-on. Well worth the money!

You were able to use as a carry on for flights? Wasn't sure if chain would be a problem with TSA.

You were able to use as a carry on for flights? Wasn't sure if chain would be a problem with TSA.

Chains aren't against TSA regulations. As long as they can get into the bag if/when they want to inspect it manually, it's fine.

Nope...have never felt a need for such a bag. I put my stuff in a canvas tote. We don't bring anything of major value. Just a tad of cash and 1 credit card NOT linked to the shipboard account.

No one wants your shorts/tee/flip flops.....any potential thieves are looking for expensive stuff...cameras, kindles, etc.....so don't bring that to the beach.

99% of the time, you can clearly see your stuff even while you're getting wet in the water.

• 11 months later...

we bought them for our summer cruise and LOVE them. yes it is canvas so they can be slashed but we rarely go to public beaches where that could possibly happen. usually we are either on a cruise excursions or a all inclusive with a day pass. attaching a pic of our 3 bags..the black & purple are medium and the navy is a large. medium is great for one or two people...the large could be used for 3 or more people its pretty big

1005958451_kyssbags.jpg.c38e56369da5a00fa8e631b7b01ccbdf.jpg