NOLA Hotels booked

Uncle Lar

We are flying in Friday, Jan 31st, 2014 and embarking Saturday, Feb 1st, 2014 and hoped to stay near the Port and enjoy NOLA and all it's charm....BUT NO!!!!!! :mad:

Most Hotels appear to be booked. I'm guessing they want us to book 2 nights or they didn't get the memo that Superbowl XLVIII will be played at Metlife Stadium in New Jersey. NOT THE SUPERDOME! :cool:

Is there anything else happening in NOLA that weekend? :confused:

Try stay123.com Every hotel I looked at (for a different weekend with a football game and convention) was booked- but they had some rooms, for a decent price. I think as a wholesaler, they buy them up so it looks unavailable at the hotel.

Otherwise, maybe stay a few hours out and then drive in? This doesn't work well if you are flying to New Orleans though.

Try last minute travel they have several listings. The 4.5 star listed at $148 in warehouse district is probably the Hilton Riverside. A great location. You can jump on the trolley to the port. Have used them a few time with no issues. Call and you may get a lower rate. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with trying to find a hotel for the 19th of Janaury, but I am finding the larger chains have single nights. Still debating.......which to choose, but I do think it's odd there are so many holds on that month.

Try looking for bed and breakfast places. The quarter is full of them, and generally they are cheaper, quieter, you get more room, and a much better meal in the morning than rubber eggs and cold cereal from a bar setup in the lobby.

The bed and breakfasts do look interesting, but they want to charge my charge card 72 hours before arrival, and my poor little charge card wouldn't have anything on it until 5 days later. :mad:

The bed and breakfasts do look interesting, but they want to charge my charge card 72 hours before arrival, and my poor little charge card wouldn't have anything on it until 5 days later. :mad:

Hrm... you might want to call around... Never heard of any doing that. I like the Gentry House, in fact I have a reservation for them now. They charge you for one night for the reservation, and then for the rest of your stay when you check out. Good people run it, and the breakfast is nice, plus you are a straight shot down to cafe du monde and the trolly line to the ship.

I found the same thing. Over priced & 2 night minimum.

I like to have things lined up so chose La Quinta.

We are arriving by plane Saturday Feb 1st & embarking Feb 02.

Decided to stay at La Quinta by the airport as we don't arrive until 5pm anyway. Get a decent room & breakfast for a good price, then take a cab to the cruise terminal in the morning.

We had good luck with that chain before.

I found the same thing. Over priced & 2 night minimum.

I like to have things lined up so chose La Quinta.

We are arriving by plane Saturday Feb 1st & embarking Feb 02.

Decided to stay at La Quinta by the airport as we don't arrive until 5pm anyway. Get a decent room & breakfast for a good price, then take a cab to the cruise terminal in the morning.

We had good luck with that chain before.

We haven't stayed at that La Quinta (http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ913&propId=913&savedSearchQuery=%2Flq%2FproxySearchRes.do%3FsearchCity%3DNew%2BOrleans%252C%2B%2BLouisiana%252C%2B%2BUS%26indate%3D11%252F6%252F2013%26availability.palsra_IND_D%3D6%26availability.palsra_IND_M%3D11%26availability.palsra_IND_Y%3D2013%26outdate%3D11%252F7%252F2013%26availability.palsra_OTD_D%3D7%26availability.palsra_OTD_M%3D11%26availability.palsra_OTD_Y%3D2013%26availability.palsra_RPC1%3D%26availability.palsra_CCN1%3D%26mapProvider%3DGOOGLE%26searchType%3DGEO%26lat%3D29.95106579999999%26lon%3D-90.0715323,) but we've stayed at several other's. I didn't look it up, but the hotel probably has a shuttle from and to the airport. We've also had good luck with both La Quinta Inns and Hampton Inns..

Archived