How long to give PCC?

skittl1321

I booked recently with a PCC. I noticed a price drop on my cabin category and one of the reasons given to me by the PCC to book with her was that she could get me price drops, where booking online on my own I would not be eligible for them (which I don't actually think is true...)

Anyhow- I emailed Saturday, and then again this morning (prices change frequently, so I kind of wanted to follow up, plus, yeah, I'm impatient.)

I haven't heard back from either email.

How long until I should just call the main line of NCL and talk to a customer service person? Or should I call the PCC directly (I feel like that would be ackward- um, hi, you're ignoring my emails...)

If you have not received a call back, I would try to call your PCC and just say..I know your busy but I saw this price drop and you told me to call you.

If you can not reach your PCC for some reason, then ask to speak to someone else

If it were me, I would call NCL right now. I have seen prices change sometimes within the same day. Three days is enough time and IMO, the PCC should have contacted you by now thru e-mail or by phone. Good luck!

OK I called. Customer service told me they have to transfer me to the PCC, and that got me an answering machine that says she is out office until May 1. Which at least explains why she is ignoring me.

It isn't a HUGE monetary difference, so I'll give it until tomorrow I guess.

OK I called. Customer service told me they have to transfer me to the PCC, and that got me an answering machine that says she is out office until May 1. Which at least explains why she is ignoring me.

I would just call that 800 number back again and talk to whoever answers. Tell them what you need and if they try to transfer you again tell them that your PCC isn't working today and you would like to be helped by someone else.

Woo hoo! Got the price drop :) That will pay for our Roatan excursion!

One other question- we were originally in an OB, and this changes our room code to OG-OB (since it is now an 'upgrade' to an OB)

So for future price drops, do I match to OB or OG? It seems like it should have to be OB, but I want to make sure.

I absolutely love NCL but the one thing I have been a little frustrated with is the situation with PCC's. My first cruise with them was with a guy that was really helpful. He left after my first cruise and "gave" me to another PCC. She was nice enough but just not real helpful. Like the OP I had a situation I was curious about and could not get in touch with her. I called the 800 # and when the guy that answered found out I had another PCC said he could not help me and transferred me to her voice mail. I wasn't real happy about this and called the 800# back and got a guy that was very helpful. He answered all my questions even though he knew I already had a PCC. I finished this particular cruise with the female PCC. We never heard from her after our cruise. She didn't check to see how we liked the ship, if we had enjoyed the Garden Villa, nothing. I guess she was just waiting for us to call her and give her some more money. We are in the car business and I know how important service after the sale is and we got none from her. When it was time to book again I called the helpful guy. After booking 2 or 3 cruises with him I got an email from the lady PCC saying she had seen I had been booking with someone else and wanted to know if there was a problem. Well yeah, there was a problem. She had made no effort to stay in touch and I had trouble getting in touch with her when I had needed help. When I questioned my PCC as to why she was contacting me he beat around the bush but basically said I was still her client. I told him I didn't want to be her client, I wanted to be his. He said there was really nothing we could do about it. It was an internal matter and for me not to worry about it. And he continued helping me and staying on top of my cruises. He just called me out of the blue one day and asked if I had ever considered the Epic. I really hadn't. In about a week I got a DVD on the Epic. About a week later he called to see what I thought. About 2 months later I called and booked the Epic for 4 couples. I liked his aggression. Never pushy but letting me know he was thinking about me. A couple of weeks after booking the Epic he called and said there had been a price drop on the 2 bedroom Haven suites and they were now cheaper that the penthouses and had more square footage so we switched our bookings. I felt like he was working to get me the best value for my money. I sure never got this from the lady PCC. Well now my guy I like has quit. He "gave" me to another PCC that I have been pleased with and he has helped me with my 3 upcoming cruises. I have now started getting emails from the female PCC again. I want to tell NCL that I am the customer and I get to choose who I deal with. My husband laughs at me because I told him I felt like I was being stalked. I have her number in my caller ID so I just don't answer it. But I don't know how to not be her client. OK. This ended up longer that I had meant for it to so that's all.

Our PCC told us that whenever he is out of the office even for one day that his e-mail message is updated with the name of someone to contact. This is a MAJOR issue for us, so our hope I was given the correct info by our PCC.

I would call NCL back and ask for her back-up person or a supervisor.

Woo hoo! Got the price drop :) That will pay for our Roatan excursion!

One other question- we were originally in an OB, and this changes our room code to OG-OB (since it is now an 'upgrade' to an OB)

So for future price drops, do I match to OB or OG? It seems like it should have to be OB, but I want to make sure.

For future price drops you compare the rate of the cabin that you are looking at to the money that you have paid in. The category you are currently booked in doesn't really matter. In my case I had originally booked a mid ship balcony cabin.

After final payment the prices started dropping. I was able to upgrade to a Mini Suite because the Mini prices dropped down to just $20 over the money that I had paid for the balcony. I paid the $20 and upgraded. On my 2nd upgrade the SJ Family Suites really dropped and it was actually below the amount I had paid in so I was able to upgrade to the full suite with no additional money paid and somehow I got an additional $100 in OBC with the Suite upgrade so technically I am now in a full suite for $80 less than what I had originally paid for the balcony cabin. (an amazing deal:D)

Just keep looking up until the categories show sold out. You may find a deal. :)

Our PCC told us that whenever he is out of the office even for one day that his e-mail message is updated with the name of someone to contact. This is a MAJOR issue for us, so our hope I was given the correct info by our PCC.

I would call NCL back and ask for her back-up person or a supervisor.

Mine must have forgotten to set her out of office email. I got no reply. Her voicemail did say for emergencies to call X, but I didn't here well enough to find the extension, so I just called general customer service.

I don't feel the need for a "PCC"- I just want someone at customer service to take care of me! I don't need follow up after the cruise, or someone to call and suggest future cruises to me- just someone who will find me the best cabin available (she got me one not showing online) and that I can call as I need stuff- it doesn't always need to be the same person!

For future price drops you compare the rate of the cabin that you are looking at to the money that you have paid in. The category you are currently booked in doesn't really matter. In my case I had originally booked a mid ship balcony cabin.

I don't really understand- I'm not necessarily looking to upgrade, just stay in the cabin I'm in (right now balconies are like $400 more than what I'm paying, so I don't see that happening...)

In this case I "booked" an OG but was upgraded to a OB due to the special. So if the price of the OG drops- do I get the new price, but get to stay in my cabin? I don't want to move to an OG.

Or does it have to be the price of an OB (or higher?) is less than what I've paid now to get a price drop? Since the room I am in is an OB.

Mine must have forgotten to set her out of office email. I got no reply. Her voicemail did say for emergencies to call X, but I didn't here well enough to find the extension, so I just called general customer service.

I don't feel the need for a "PCC"- I just want someone at customer service to take care of me! I don't need follow up after the cruise, or someone to call and suggest future cruises to me- just someone who will find me the best cabin available (she got me one not showing online) and that I can call as I need stuff- it doesn't always need to be the same person!

For years we used a TA ... was great UNTIL we had an medical emergency and couldn't reach him (he was on a cruise). There was NO back up plan at all. We almost lost our full cruise amount because of this (we are talking 15 night Hawaii cruise). Our cruise insurance said we had to cancel our cruise within 48 hours of the doctor saying we couldn't go on the cruise (which was 3 days later and the TA was to be on too) and he wouldn't be back from his cruise for 72 hours. Instead of taking it easy, I was on the phone pleading with anyone at Carnival to help. They wouldn't as I had booked with a TA. Finally in going through paperwork I saw a reference to a "large" travel agency that he was affiliated with. I called them, they couldn't help because he was an independent for them. I must of sounded desperate as they finally gave me his partner's number (we never knew the partner existed). In the final hour, the partner was able to cancel our cruise. Our insurance claim went through and we got a full refund of all money paid. What a nightmare. The TA was mad at me because I was upset with him. A few months later when everything was settled, we fired the TA cancelling all of our future cruises with him.

So I booked this year's cruise through Princess and next year on my own. When the repositioning cruise came up with NCL for next year, I felt unsure of the booking process because it had been years since we cruised with them. The PCC sent me an e-mail letting me know he was available to help if we needed help. I called and asked questions and while talking on the phone to him, the cabin we wanted became available and he was also able to give us a MUCH better deal than I could get on-line (I had checked numerous times before I called). So we booked with him. He was aware that we had had problems with the TA and assured me that would never happen with him. In fact what made the difference was that not only had he given me his regular number, I had his cell and he answered it while out at lunch with his son. When I called another time (his cell) I did get voice mail, but it stated he was also taking calls for another agent (giving that person's name) which is also why I believed him about NCL has a backup plan when people were out.

I am capable of booking myself, but again, the timing was right with his contact and I was willing to give it a try. We had never used PCC before, so this is new.

With Princess I book now on-line myself no problem. After we sail next year with NCL, we will decide whether to stay with the PCC go back to booking on our own again.

which is also why I believed him about NCL has a backup plan when people were out.

As soon as I told customer service my PCC had a voicemail that she was on vacation, they took care of me. I was very happy with NCL's service.

Your situation sounds like a nightmare. We used a TA once to get credit card points, and it was awful- no communication just like you said, and they charged $25 to process any price drops (which with Carnival Early Saver is the entire reason to book that fare code!) We don't use points for cruises anymore!

I did notice Discover Card has a referral program that gives 5% cashback for using NCL's website, so that is one reason to book direct (only 1% back if you don't go through the website), but I think I can still use that referral since NCL lets me make my payment online. I only lost $10 cashback by using the PCC (since that was the deposit)- so I think it was worth it for the time she spent talking through cabins with me. If a good cabin shows though, I'd probably book myself.

As soon as I told customer service my PCC had a voicemail that she was on vacation, they took care of me. I was very happy with NCL's service.

Your situation sounds like a nightmare. We used a TA once to get credit card points, and it was awful- no communication just like you said, and they charged $25 to process any price drops (which with Carnival Early Saver is the entire reason to book that fare code!) We don't use points for cruises anymore!

I did notice Discover Card has a referral program that gives 5% cashback for using NCL's website, so that is one reason to book direct (only 1% back if you don't go through the website), but I think I can still use that referral since NCL lets me make my payment online. I only lost $10 cashback by using the PCC (since that was the deposit)- so I think it was worth it for the time she spent talking through cabins with me. If a good cabin shows though, I'd probably book myself.

I'm so glad you were able to get them to help you. That is a big plus.

We had used this TA for years, and had brought in many customers for him too because of group cruises that we all were involved in. He was great on staying on top of the fares and got us discount after discount. One cruise we joked that if we got any more discounts, they would be paying for us to cruise. There were no penalty fees if we cancelled or changed our reservations. So we remained loyal. Then when we had a problem, he had total indifference then anger.

Now will never deal with him again, nor refer anyone to him.

Unless I missed something, if you book through the Discover website for NCL, in order to get the 5% cash back, it redirects you to a TA and you have to book through that TA in order to get it.

Unless I missed something, if you book through the Discover website for NCL, in order to get the 5% cash back, it redirects you to a TA and you have to book through that TA in order to get it.

Ah, that makes sense. Not worth it then. That's the same deal with using points (this would be not using points). Shop Discover doesn't usually work that way- it sends you direct to the retailor.

I don't really understand- I'm not necessarily looking to upgrade, just stay in the cabin I'm in (right now balconies are like $400 more than what I'm paying, so I don't see that happening...)

In this case I "booked" an OG but was upgraded to a OB due to the special. So if the price of the OG drops- do I get the new price, but get to stay in my cabin? I don't want to move to an OG.

Or does it have to be the price of an OB (or higher?) is less than what I've paid now to get a price drop? Since the room I am in is an OB.

Sorry, I was thinking you meant to get another upgrade. If it is before final payment you should be able to get a reduction in price as long as the new price isn't for "New Bookings Only". If after final payment they don't have to give you anything but others have reported getting some OBC. On our cruise I got two price reductions before final payment. They just adjusted my price and lowered my amount due.

They just adjusted my price and lowered my amount due.

This is what happened here. I was already booked in an OB. I noticed that there was a lower price on an OG that had an upgrade to OB, so I asked if they could give me that. They lowered my price, I kept my same room, but now the booking says OG-OB, rather than just OB.

So for future price drops, does the price of an OB need to be lower than my current rate, or the price of an OG need to be lower? I don't know which room code to compare to.

This is what happened here. I was already booked in an OB. I noticed that there was a lower price on an OG that had an upgrade to OB, so I asked if they could give me that. They lowered my price, I kept my same room, but now the booking says OG-OB, rather than just OB.

So for future price drops, does the price of an OB need to be lower than my current rate, or the price of an OG need to be lower? I don't know which room code to compare to.

If you want to stay in your current OB cabin, you would need to price match it to OB, unless they have another upgrade offer. If you price match to OG, you would need to get a room in the OG category.

Thanks! That's what I thought. I have no interest in going below a picture-window level.

For the record, I got a very nice email from my PCC apologizing that she was out of office, with an excited message that my price is already dropping (she told me I'm booked off-peak and I should get quite a few drops. Here's hoping!)

Ah, that makes sense. Not worth it then. That's the same deal with using points (this would be not using points). Shop Discover doesn't usually work that way- it sends you direct to the retailor.

Just double checked it. You click the button and it bounces you to a TA. Last time I actually tried it, I got better rates from the NCL website. I'd post the term and conditions, but they mention the TA and would probably get me smited by the CC gods.

Yes-I noticed a price drop today and e mailed the PCC I booked through requesting if I could have the difference in onboard credit. I still haven't heard back. I uaually get a quick response if I'm requesting info about booking a new cruise, so I'm interested to see if she gets back to me.

Archived