May 1st and still no 2014 sailings?

VickiD59

Yes.. I know there are some summer 2014 sailings, but the two that I've been waiting for aren't showing as of yet. I'm waiting for the Breeze or the NY ship info.

Two years ago they promised we'd be dancing down 5th Avenue as the Miracle was going to be NYC's official all year round ship, only to changed their mind and move her to the west coast and replace her with the Splendor. Having exhausted the predictable itineraries leaving from NY, we're anxiously awaiting news on the Breeze - or something super grand happening for NY (doubtful I now)

Wassuuppp Carnival? :(

I too have been waiting for the Breeze's Summer/Fall 2014 itineraries. The last itineraries they have posted is the 6 day sailing that returns on 4/26 and the 8 day sailling on 4/26 that returns on 5/4, but there is nothing posted for a 5/4 sailing. My theory is that they will publish something by Saturday, which happens to be 5/4.

Now the question is are they changing the current itinerary? I see in April the Breeze picks up the Freedom's itinerary, which I am not liking because we did that one last year. Also, last year I heard that the Freedom was going to Europe before going dry dock for the 2.0 upgrades.

We gave up. We really wanted to do a Med sailing to celebrate a couple of HS graduations and a couple of big birthdays. Just taking too much time so we are doing a land vacation to France. The same amount of money but we will get 3 weeks instead of a 12 night cruise with a night before/after.

I was possibly gonna book Summer 2014 on the Sunshine while on my cruise, which leaves on 5/5. I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting on the itineraries, but NOTHING. So exasperated with them.

So, is there any way that I can book a mock booking with them under a refundable fare code so I can get the $100 OBC for booking onboard? If I book another ship, and then change it to the Sunshine when dates are released will I lose the OBC?

Yes.. I know there are some summer 2014 sailings, but the two that I've been waiting for aren't showing as of yet. I'm waiting for the Breeze or the NY ship info.

Two years ago they promised we'd be dancing down 5th Avenue as the Miracle was going to be NYC's official all year round ship, only to changed their mind and move her to the west coast and replace her with the Splendor. Having exhausted the predictable itineraries leaving from NY, we're anxiously awaiting news on the Breeze - or something super grand happening for NY (doubtful I now)

I have been seeing them for over a month. click on 2 passengers and then on the next screen put your ship and the date and hit update.....back door to everything. I'm looking at Sept 2014 :D

I posted this yesterday on another thread:

Received the call from my PVP just an hour ago. She knows I am advance planner and waiting for the Breeze or Splendor prices for November 2014. She said there are problems with scheduling some ports ( overcrowded already with other ships). She said to check every day or even twice a day if I want specific date, ship, and cabin

I have been seeing them for over a month. click on 2 passengers and then on the next screen put your ship and the date and hit update.....back door to everything. I'm looking at Sept 2014 :D

Doesn't work. No Sunshine dates after April 2014. Some ships have been released, not the Sunshine.

Carnival has got to be losing lots of customers who are going ahead and booking other lines

Although I have zero clue how many people that may be . . .

It definitely is good to be able to book dates much further out on other lines (and locking in vacation time at work).

I put the deposit on my February 2015 sailing a while back. :)

I've been waiting for the May 2014 Breeze schedule for months now. I was hoping for an 8 day Southern Carib itinerary, for a specific week in May, leaving from Ft. Lauderdale. Since it is taking forever, I'm probably just going to book an Eastern Carib itinerary on the Oasis or Allure of the Seas. The entertainment (which is a high priority for us) looks amazing on those 2 ginormous ships. I'm sure others will be doing the same, and not wait till Carnival decides to pull the trigger on releasing their Summer/Fall 2014 schedules, for selected ships.

Received the call from my PVP just an hour ago. She knows I am advance planner and waiting for the Breeze or Splendor prices for November 2014. She said there are problems with scheduling some ports ( overcrowded already with other ships). She said to check every day or even twice a day if I want specific date, ship, and cabin

That sounds like extremely bad planning on Carnival's part to me.

That sounds like extremely bad planning on Carnival's part to me.

You would think the line with the most ships would be trying to get their ports first, not last.

I'm with a large group looking for October 2014 and people tired of waiting are coming up with some pretty compelling alternatives.

We want a b2b transAtlantic to Barcelona, then a Mediterranean to Venice. So I don't know the ship or the exact date. Any date in March or April, 2014. Any way to check on something like that at this time? The Legend did it this April, but no idea which ship might do it in 2014. Any info. appreciated.

We want a b2b transAtlantic to Barcelona, then a Mediterranean to Venice. So I don't know the ship or the exact date. Any date in March or April, 2014. Any way to check on something like that at this time? The Legend did it this April, but no idea which ship might do it in 2014. Any info. appreciated.

The first call by Carnival at Dubrovnik (heading to Venice) in 2014 appears to be the 25th May. The Carnival Spirit is down to arrive from Messina at 08:00 and depart for Venice at 17:00. We know the ship will not be the Spirit as John H has said so.

So either , the transatlantic will be slightly later than usual or the cruises immediately after the transatlantic do not call on Venice or Dubrovnik's schedule isnt totally up to date.

Some ships have sailings listed, but not for the Breeze. I'm selecting Miami as a departure port and the Breeze isn't listed yet, which then makes ya wonder if they're moving the ship. The issue with the NY port might be there's a new girl in town for NCL - again, pure speculation. It's like reading a book with the last chapter ripped out.. I'm writing my own ending ;)

I was possibly gonna book Summer 2014 on the Sunshine while on my cruise, which leaves on 5/5. I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting on the itineraries, but NOTHING. So exasperated with them.

So, is there any way that I can book a mock booking with them under a refundable fare code so I can get the $100 OBC for booking onboard? If I book another ship, and then change it to the Sunshine when dates are released will I lose the OBC?

Yes you can book a cruise of any length just to hold it to lock in the on board credit. You can book a short 3 day cruise with 50% off deposit and then change it to whatever cruise you want and then pay the difference in the deposit and you will get the appropriate on board credit for the length of the cruise you choose. Just don't book it early saver so you're free to make any changes and be aware that you have to make your changes before final payment is due. We booked four cruises a couple of weeks ago and don't really plan on taking any of them. We just wanted to book something so we're ready when the Europe itineraries come out.

Yes you can book a cruise of any length just to hold it to lock in the on board credit. You can book a short 3 day cruise with 50% off deposit and then change it to whatever cruise you want and then pay the difference in the deposit and you will get the appropriate on board credit for the length of the cruise you choose. Just don't book it early saver so you're free to make any changes and be aware that you have to make your changes before final payment is due. We booked four cruises a couple of weeks ago and don't really plan on taking any of them. We just wanted to book something so we're ready when the Europe itineraries come out.

Thank you so much. I was getting so mad because I was afraid I'd lose the OBC. One question though. If you book a 3 day cruise, the OBC is not as much as a 7 day. Will they adjust the OBC when you change to a longer cruise?

Thank you so much. I was getting so mad because I was afraid I'd lose the OBC. One question though. If you book a 3 day cruise, the OBC is not as much as a 7 day. Will they adjust the OBC when you change to a longer cruise?

I took this statement to mean your OBC would be adjusted: You can book a short 3 day cruise with 50% off deposit and then change it to whatever cruise you want and then pay the difference in the deposit and you will get the appropriate on board credit for the length of the cruise you choose.

But maybe I interpreted that wrong.:confused:

Yes you will get the on board credit for the length of the cruise. For example, I booked a couple of three day cruises which only offer $50 OBC but I want to change to a European itinerary on a 12 day cruise for $200 OBC.

This is not quite as good as just buying the certificates because you have to pay the appropriate deposit instead of just the $100 but if you mock book short cruises you don't have as much deposit to pay.

Archived