Live from Nautica

pacheco18

Laraine, I sent you a email but got your out of town message. Glad that you and Bob are having a terrific time and are treated pretty much the way all Oceania passengers should and probably are treated. What you have described regarding the staff is the only way I have known Oceania to be. Food is subjective and is always up for discussion, but Oceania staff are trained to know who their passengers are, their likes, etc. Now Paul can't wait for his second cruise with O. Coming up on my 7th with them. Not surprised about the CC party as you recall what happened on our cruise in 2011 after setting up a hosted CC party. The GM make it right. Soo happy you are enjoying this experience. Hugs to Bob.:D

I got your email and answered it

This cruise has been over the top for us

We had fabulous canapés and as promised the gm and f&b director came to the cc get together. Wonderful that we ccers were treated so well

I got your email and answered it

This cruise has been over the top for us

We had fabulous canapés and as promised the gm and f&b director came to the cc get together. Wonderful that we ccers were treated so well

Laraine,

Thank you for the "live" updates.

It sure sounds like you are having a great time - enjoy!

Paul

On our first cruise with him on marina it was both. Everything was chaotic. Trivia was a disaster. He used cards from trivial pursuit and the staff asked the same questions in the evening Venues were overcrowded and he was unaware. It was awful. He also made some very offensive remarks about certain ethnic groups. I believe management put an end to that

On this cruise he is a bit toned down. He does not have the challenge of all the venues to manage as this is an r ship. I still believe his style is unsuited to a sophisticated upscale experience. He has his fans. If u like corny and buffoon - like antics, you will like him

Give me Leslie or the two Davids any day I have not sailed with Dottie or the fellow from eight is enough whose name escapes me but both of them get rave reviews

Four sea days and pirate avoidance ahead

Tend to disagree with you. I think a lot has to do with cultural differences....Nolan is British and perhaps you just don't get his humor. We have found this with comedians in the show lounge....sometimes Americans do not get the British humor and vice versa. Being Canadian does have its perks!!!! As for me, I can only take one David.... the other has absolutely no sense of humor....perhaps it had something to do with being on a diet and quitting smoking....he was the downside of that particular cruise. I was on the Regatta when the Eight is Enough guy was in training...that was in 2010 so it is nice to hear that he is still with Oceania. Just my perspective for what it is worth!

I wonder if this will set a new precedent or it will just be for "SPECIAL PASSENGERS" :confused:

Pacheco you posted: "Believe it or not someone else organized the Petra tour. It is Ramasside or Ramses tours. Great reviews"

At both web sites, they each offer Egypt tours but no mention of Petra. Might you have used another operator for Petra? If so, which?

Did you use Ramasside or Ramses for a Luxor tour? If so, how was it? If not, who did you use?

Thanks & enjoying your reports. Even if Nolan is just being Nolan!

Pacheco you posted: "Believe it or not someone else organized the Petra tour. It is Ramasside or Ramses tours. Great reviews"

At both web sites, they each offer Egypt tours but no mention of Petra. Might you have used another operator for Petra? If so, which?

Did you use Ramasside or Ramses for a Luxor tour? If so, how was it? If not, who did you use?

We had great tours in both Petra and Luxor with Memphistours. Exactly half the price of the ship's tour with a group of only 12 people (even stayed in the same hotel in Luxor as the ship's tour did).

While they are located in Egypt, they arranged for our tours in Jordan as well. They are well reviewed and recommended both here and on Tripadvisor.

Tend to disagree with you. I think a lot has to do with cultural differences....Nolan is British and perhaps you just don't get his humor. We have found this with comedians in the show lounge....sometimes Americans do not get the British humor and vice versa. Being Canadian does have its perks!!!! As for me, I can only take one David.... the other has absolutely no sense of humor....perhaps it had something to do with being on a diet and quitting smoking....he was the downside of that particular cruise. I was on the Regatta when the Eight is Enough guy was in training...that was in 2010 so it is nice to hear that he is still with Oceania. Just my perspective for what it is worth!

I've been around the block. I get British humor.

I find him obnoxious and déclassé

I know he has his fans. I'm just not one of them

Example. He is the only cd on o who can't stop making pa announcements. Nolan, we can all read Currents--I can find the bingo game myself . It is not just his humor that I find offensive I do not like his style, to the extent he has style

I have managed to avoid him and for it has worked out well

I am so happy for you! That makes a cruise to be sure.

Sure does lol

Last night we returned to Toscana. They knew the first time had some issues. Well they took no chances. Service was over the top as was the meal. We were visited by two officers,were given a private table with a view of the sunset(our reservation said share lol) and were offered after dinner drinks on the house

I am in paradise

What sets o apart IMO is that they want it to be perfect. If it isn't they make it perfect the next time.

I caved. The Jordanian jeweler is making me a custom pair of earrings. She is a trained architect and gave a fascinating lecture on the interrelationship between Arabic calligraphy and architecture. It is evident in her jewelry designs. She is terrific. Need to use self control lol

Have not been there yet. Will report after. Maybe I'm mistaken about the operator.

I wonder if this will set a new precedent or it will just be for "SPECIAL PASSENGERS" :confused:

I think it probably had to do the the f&b director. I have cruised with him before and dined with him. He greeted me like an old friend. He's a fun loving guy who is quite visible everywhere, chatting with passengers. He likes to encourage a good time. I credit him for the gesture

Canapés included caviar, smoked salmon. Not chintzy. The bar manager was also there to make sure we were all happy during happy hour

Kudos to o

It is ramassides for Petra. Here is link

http://www.ramassidetours.com/egypt-shore-excursions/tours-from-aqaba-port/petra-wadi-rum-from-aqaba/

Dubai is not a bad place to be! We loved it.

Believe it or not someone else organized the Petra tour. It is Ramasside or Ramses tours. Great reviews

We had marvelous private tours in Oman, Dubai and Fujairah. I have names of contacts for future reference.

You are lucky you missed the floods in Fuji...

Dubai is OK. But as many times as I have been here. There is not much I have not seen or done or play how many malls have I shopped in. :)

Enjoy the rest of your cruise the best is left to come.

You are lucky you missed the floods in Fuji...

Dubai is OK. But as many times as I have been here. There is not much I have not seen or done or play how many malls have I shopped in. :)

Enjoy the rest of your cruise the best is left to come.

Go skiing!

It is almost comedic

I think we are on candid camera

This morning at breakfast a server addressed us by name,said he remembered serving us in Jacques in 2011 (we ate their once - he could not possibly know our names lol). I did not remember him but he told us how happy he is to see us again.

If this is a setup it is working like a charm

I cannot wait to see what is next!

My husband has not taken the smile off his face

Tonight the sea bass from red ginger is on the GDR menu. So happy. We dine with Lucien the f & b manager so the wine will flow and service will be flawless

Maria (aknitter) is encouraging me to buy another piece of jewelry!

Maria (aknitter) is encouraging me to buy another piece of jewelry!

I agree with her

Some very nice pieces from that designer

You really need 1 for everyday of the trip ...don't you

Maybe you will get a big discount for multiple purchases ;)

I agree with her

With friends like this......

Lol. Might have to cancel a cruise if I keep buying

Hmm. 21 days.

I agree with her

With friends like this......

Lol. Might have to cancel a cruise if I keep buying

Hmm. 21 days.

Pacheco & Paulchili - thanks for the feedback on Luxor & Petra. I will be there next year on Nautica. Any additional thoughts would be most welcome (esp you Pacheco after your tour).

Totally agree on Nolan's coarse sense of humor and wriggling of hips on the diving board.

Today was a food day

Brunch in the GDR was out of this world

Had delightful dinner with the f&b manager and housekeeping manager

Sea bass from red ginger on the menu. Divine. The new menus have one dish from red ginger and one from Jacques each evening.

Bought the necklace! You only go around once

I think if you are getting all that special treatment, it is nice for you to enjoy it yourself. If you are like myself and my DH, we always travel in top suites and SELDOM get special treatment. The last thing I would do is go on the boards and discuss this because some people will really feel bad. Just think about it. It is sooo sad.

that WAS the earring :)

Good catch

Necklace is black coral with silver inlay. Beads come from Syria and are no longer available. I splurged but the piece is truly collectible

Michelle Obama has a few of these pieces. Received as gifts

Nadia has a less expensive copper collection she will show in a few days. Swears one piece has my name on it. Lol

image.jpg.a90ed70ec9bbeaf61fbe85a01319fae1.jpg

Good catch

Necklace is black coral with silver inlay. Beads come from Syria and are no longer available. I splurged but the piece is truly collectible

So .is that 2 down & 19 to go ???

Archived