Live from Nautica

pacheco18

I think if you are getting all that special treatment, it is nice for you to enjoy it yourself. If you are like myself and my DH, we always travel in top suites and SELDOM get special treatment. The last thing I would do is go on the boards and discuss this because some people will really feel bad. Just think about it. It is sooo sad.

I am sure others are also getting treated In a special way. This is the Oceania way. Another cc couple was invited to breakfast in the gm's office! We pretty much keep to ourselves so I cannot possibly know how everyone is being treated. We dined with two other couples last night withe the f & b manager. They certainly felt special.

It is just for us this 5th o cruise is a bit different so I thought I would share.

Why would anyone feel bad? Kind of silly IMO

Booked a "fake"future cruise to get on board booking discount and obc on this cruise -- good deal. While I am waiting another cruiser was booking a future cruise and asked for an estimate of the cost of shore excursions for the cruise he was booking. He advised THAT HE AND HIS WIFE HAD SPENT $7000 on shore excursions for this cruise !!!

That is insane

Even if he did back to back that's insane

O now allows you to do a future booking for a friend. They get the benefit of the on board booking discount. Initially the friend has to book the same cruise you book but the bookings can ultimately be changed and you are able to be on different sailings from ur friends when u change bookings. We did a booking for bob's daughter. Only 375 deposit and she has over a year to decide where to go. Good deal.

Petra tomorrow

Maybe they did land tours to Angkor Wat and Taj Mahal on prior segment ?

We did these tours with O. Worth every penny . Specially travelling in Cambodia and India is something different and one does not want to be stuck in Bangkok or Mumbai seeing the Nautica sail away. The ship will only wait for those tours organised by cruise line even if these are few hours late due to late arrival of the plane/bus. peter

We did these tours with O. Worth every penny . Specially travelling in Cambodia and India is something different and one does not want to be stuck in Bangkok or Mumbai seeing the Nautica sail away. The ship will only wait for those tours organised by cruise line even if these are few hours late due to late arrival of the plane/bus. peter

They may be worth it to some if they only wish to visit those areas once and they want to do it on a cruise ship.

Otherwise you can do land tours in those places for a fraction of those prices and see a lot more :D

YMMV

So happy everything is working out so well!!! Oceania treats its guests with just the right amount of TLC and sometimes extra special TLC. We did this cruise in March of 2011 and enjoyed every minute of it. Petra is a must see and can be booked when booking Luxor which is also a must see. Laraine, I know it's a long way from now, but looking forward to our tours together in July 2014. Don't forget to give Dina a kiss for us!! Best, Arlene;)

Hey Laraine!

STOP blogging so much and start getting OUT THERE!!! :D

We are all very appreciative of your comments but I think you should maybe try meeting lots of NEW cruise friends on board!!!!!

I am sending you to BA = Blogers Anonymous --- it's off to REHAB for YOU!!! :eek: :p

So happy everything is working out so well!!! Oceania treats its guests with just the right amount of TLC and sometimes extra special TLC. We did this cruise in March of 2011 and enjoyed every minute of it. Petra is a must see and can be booked when booking Luxor which is also a must see. Laraine, I know it's a long way from now, but looking forward to our tours together in July 2014. Don't forget to give Dina a kiss for us!! Best, Arlene;)

Thanks. Will do

Hey Laraine!

STOP blogging so much and start getting OUT THERE!!! :D

We are all very appreciative of your comments but I think you should maybe try meeting lots of NEW cruise friends on board!!!!!

I am sending you to BA = Blogers Anonymous --- it's off to REHAB for YOU!!! :eek: :p

My iPad goes with me everywhere

I'm out there plenty. Lolol

I need jewelry rehab

Laraine, thank you so much for your posts, they give a lovely flavour of your cruise. The jewellery is gorgeous is there special hand made jewellery on all O cruises?

The last 3 o cruises I have been on there has been a jewelry designer. I love it. I think it is now SOP. Costs me a fortune

The last 3 o cruises I have been on there has been a jewelry designer. I love it. I think it is now SOP. Costs me a fortune

Hmmmm. I'll be on Nautica in mid August. While we were on Riviera in December, our house was broken into. We think the neighbor's dog scared them off because the only thing they took was my jewelry box. I have some replacement shopping to do. :D

I think if you are getting all that special treatment, it is nice for you to enjoy it yourself. If you are like myself and my DH, we always travel in top suites and SELDOM get special treatment. The last thing I would do is go on the boards and discuss this because some people will really feel bad. Just think about it. It is sooo sad.

I agree with you. We always get invited to eat with a couple of the ship's officers but we keep it to ourselves. Oceania does it for those passengers who have reached their 5th cruise and more. It is a nice touch but we certainly don't make an issue of it. The last cruise we were on, the officers with whom we had dinner, sent us a bottle of wine the next day to thank us for the wonderful evening we had spent with them. Now, that was a nice touch!!!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I see nothing wrong with pacheco reporting this extraordinarily special treatment. I don't think she's crowing about it, just reporting her surprise.

This happened to us once on the PG, and I did post about it--it seemed so strange to have Godiva chocolates and Veuve Cliquot in the room. Turned out we were on some list, god knows why--we saw the list when we were doing a galley tour.

This is my opinion, from someone who never cruises in the "top suites".

Booked a "fake"future cruise to get on board booking discount and obc on this cruise -- good deal. While I am waiting another cruiser was booking a future cruise and asked for an estimate of the cost of shore excursions for the cruise he was booking. He advised THAT HE AND HIS WIFE HAD SPENT $7000 on shore excursions for this cruise !!!

That is insane

Even if he did back to back that's insane

O now allows you to do a future booking for a friend. They get the benefit of the on board booking discount. Initially the friend has to book the same cruise you book but the bookings can ultimately be changed and you are able to be on different sailings from ur friends when u change bookings. We did a booking for bob's daughter. Only 375 deposit and she has over a year to decide where to go. Good deal.

Petra tomorrow

I am enjoying reading your travel experiences as well. Could you let us know what exactly were the advantages for booking onboard and if those perks can be applied to an existing booking? I think at one time it was 5% off the next cruise or $200 off whichever was greater, but I think that has changed. I read somewhere that the discount only applied to select cruises now, but would like some clarification. I am sailing on Riviera later this month. My 5th as well!

Best, Mark

For those interested in jewelry

My earrings will look a lot like this tassel

Nadia was on one of our cruises. (2007?). We first met her on a shore excursion.She was delightful. Later she did a presentation where my firend won a beautiful scarf that had copper wire woven in to it. I purchased a bracelet made up of charms with caligraphy. Her story was so itneresting about how she left her archtitecture profession in London. She set up a workshop in Jordan training women to make her jewelry, thereby helping to empower them. This story made purchasing her beautiful jewelry even more enjoyable.

I am enjoying reading your travel experiences as well. Could you let us know what exactly were the advantages for booking onboard and if those perks can be applied to an existing booking? I think at one time it was 5% off the next cruise or $200 off whichever was greater, but I think that has changed. I read somewhere that the discount only applied to select cruises now, but would like some clarification. I am sailing on Riviera later this month. My 5th as well!

Best, Mark

I did both. I had an existing booking. They gave me the on board discount. For my cruise it will be 800. It depends on cruise and stateroom category.

I also booked a placeholder cruise that I do not intend to take. Deposit only 375 pp and fully refundable When the 2015 itineraries come out in sept, I will change the booking and get the on board booking discount. The amount will be based on the cruise and state room category I also got 100 obc for this cruise for making the new booking

It's a no brainer

Absolutely not to be missed

Just astoundingly beautiful and magical

The gm greeted every cruiser as they returned. Cold towels, balloons and punch too. Really nice touch

I will never get the red sand out of my shoes and clothes. Lol

Ramses tours did a fine job. Everything went smoothly. Our guide was very knowledgable. I rode camels, horses, rode thru the desert in a 4 x4 and now I am waiting for my handsome butler to bring us dinner from Toscana

Not bad

Luxor tomorrow and we do an overnight.

Absolutely not to be missed

Just astoundingly beautiful and magical

The gm greeted every cruiser as they returned. Cold towels, balloons and punch too. Really nice touch

I will never get the red sand out of my shoes and clothes. Lol

Ramses tours did a fine job. Everything went smoothly. Our guide was very knowledgable. I rode camels, horses, rode thru the desert in a 4 x4 and now I am waiting for my handsome butler to bring us dinner from Toscana

Not bad

Luxor tomorrow and we do an overnight.

Wow Laraine!

Sure hope I can get one of those handsome butlers!!! It's gonna be lonely knocking around that PH suite all by my little old self!!!

Hoping I can get one that looks like George Clooney.

One night I was reading a gossip mag and fell asleep with the book open - when I first opened my eyes I was staring at a big picture of George smiling ....for a moment there ... I ..... well .... you know!!!! :eek: THEN ...:(

Great to hear Pacheco on Ramses in Petra. Looking forward to your report on Luxor.

You were very pleased with the tour operator in Oman...who might that be? We will be on Nautica next spring Bangkok - Rome. TIA!

Archived