Let Us Bring Our Own Water....Please!!!!

Its true that policy does say no water. However it seems most people get by with bringing some on. Just remember the exception does not disprove the rule.

Having said that, if being denied your own personal water would make a CRM (Cruise Ruining Moment), then email RCL about your needs and print off their response. Bring that and a doctor's note with you to show you can't drink their water.

We have always taken a case of water on board and have NEVER had a problem (we just got off The Allure this past Sunday 4/28). We mark all sides with out name, deck and cabin # and it is always taken by the porter and delivered to our cabin with our luggagge.

delete

I

I won't bring a filter. It's hard enough to fit what I brought in my suitcase back in when I leave. I won't be carrying a water filter on and off again. The water goes on and I drink it so it's gone by the end of the cruise making the load that much lighter when we leave.

Gina

I have brought bottled water every time and there hasn't been an issue. I don't carry it around on the ship. I drink it in the room and in ports. I drink "spring" water, not "drinking" or "mineral" water. I do drink dining room water because it is filtered, crisp and clear and doesn't taste like chemicals most of the time. A few times I've gotten some MDR water that tasted like something - maybe it was from cleaning that didn't get rinsed clear. On those occasions I didn't drink it.

The water is not filtered when it comes from your bathroom faucet. It is only chemically treated. Many times it comes out yellow to orange. When it's clear, a washcloth held tightly up to the faucet as a "filter" will many times have rusty colored residue even when it appears clear coming out. Try it sometime.

I won't bring a filter. It's hard enough to fit what I brought in my suitcase back in when I leave. I won't be carrying a water filter on and off again. The water goes on and I drink it so it's gone by the end of the cruise making the load that much lighter when we leave.

Gina

A Brita container and even two filters weighs a heck of a lot less and takes up a lot less room in your luggage than a case of water.

Our water experience has varied depending on the port. We always bring a case of Dasani. In Ft Lauderdale, I put some tape around it just to keep it secure and steady. I print out my name and sailing info and stateroom number in big letters and tape it to the top. If I have luggage tags, I put on of them on, but it's nor necessary. Then, when I get to the port, I hand it to the porter and it's in my room a few hours later.

Cape Canaveral was a whole different story. The porter said they don't take water, but I could put it in another cardboard box and tape it up. Long story short, security onboard took it and wouldn't give it back. After much arguing, the answer was 'if we sell it onboard, you can't bring it'. Which is of course, total nonsense. Anyway, at Cape Canaveral, just plan on carrying your water yourself all the way to your room. Even if the porter offers to take it, don't do it. Just carry it yourself and you won't have a problem.

Keeping these two stories in mind, gage how you handle it at each port by what the porter says. If they act like it's done all the time, fine, but if you get any grief, just carry it yourself.

I bought Brita filter bottles that are personal size. You can filter 40 gallons of water. I have read great things on here about them. Hoping they are great on this coming trip!:)

We did this last cruise. We asked for ice twice a day and filled the bottles with the water/ice from the ice bucket. Worked great.

Sorry but I am one that will only drink bottled water on a cruise. On a previous cruise our water from the tap ran from clear to light brown off and on and it really put me off. I think everyone should be allowed to bring water if they opt to not drink the ship water.

Debinnova

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

A Brita container and even two filters weighs a heck of a lot less and takes up a lot less room in your luggage than a case of water.

It's not weight. It's space. I carry on the water most of the time but have taped it up and slapped a tag on it. No Brita = more shoes.

My personal preference is bottle spring water - not filtered tap.

Gina

I know that plenty of people have gotten their bottled water on board so why not just do away with the "No water" rule?

Anecdotally, plenty of people have gotten their smuggled alcohol on board so why not just do away with the "No alcohol*" rule?

*other than 2 x 750ml wine per stateroom

I think the reason for the no water rule is so that they can enforce it when it is deemed necessary ie spring break etc

I drink "spring" water, not "drinking" or "mineral" water.

A division of our company in USA were in the water business. I once saw a video of a tanker truck of a well known bottled spring water company filling up at a municipal water hydrant. I do drink bottled water, for convenience, regularly but don't accept that that water is neccesarily anything special.

I know that RCCL has a habit of perusing these threads and taking to heart (at times) the voices that want to be heard. I'm hoping this thread becomes one of those. :)

There are quite a few of us who can only drink certain kinds of water or prefer bottled water. I am one of those people. Any time I drink tap water with chlorine in it I get ill. Now, people can say...oh the tap water on the ship doesn't have chlorine in it but I know other wise. I can smell it every time I brush my teeth or take a shower.

Also, the Evian bottled water sold on most if not all RCCL ships tastes horrible to me...it seems to have a waxy aftertaste. Sure RCCL could start carrying another type of bottled water but why not just let us bring our own like other cruise lines do.

I believe that if they let us carry on a reasonable amount (One case per 7 days) they would not only have happier cruisers but they would also be in line with their competitors. They've already fallen in line with the carry on wine allowance...why not bottled water?

Please, fellow CC members, help me in this endeavor and write about your own want/need to bring on your own water in hopes that RCCL will listen to our cries.

Thank You in Advance! :D

Why would you want to bring water ???? The cruise lines spend Millions on filtration systems. The water on board is better than bottled water.

I know that RCCL has a habit of perusing these threads and taking to heart (at times) the voices that want to be heard. I'm hoping this thread becomes one of those. :)

There are quite a few of us who can only drink certain kinds of water or prefer bottled water. I am one of those people. Any time I drink tap water with chlorine in it I get ill. Now, people can say...oh the tap water on the ship doesn't have chlorine in it but I know other wise. I can smell it every time I brush my teeth or take a shower.

Also, the Evian bottled water sold on most if not all RCCL ships tastes horrible to me...it seems to have a waxy aftertaste. Sure RCCL could start carrying another type of bottled water but why not just let us bring our own like other cruise lines do.

I believe that if they let us carry on a reasonable amount (One case per 7 days) they would not only have happier cruisers but they would also be in line with their competitors. They've already fallen in line with the carry on wine allowance...why not bottled water?

Please, fellow CC members, help me in this endeavor and write about your own want/need to bring on your own water in hopes that RCCL will listen to our cries.

Thank You in Advance! :D

I always take water on my cruises, and it has never been an issue. I take soda/water on every cruise we go on. But I agree, it should be ALLOWED rather than just not enforced.

We have never had a problem bringing water on board. As a matter of fact we usually put a luggage tag on a case of water and its delivered to our cabin. That was always the case until we sailed on Jewel of the Seas a few weeks ago. I put it in my duffel. I was called down to the 'naughty' room. I was on a back to back and a friend joined on the second leg. They too were called down to security. We were both told it is no longer allowed. I sure hope they change this policy. I would rather carry water on than wine.

I, too, hope they reverse this policy.

Because of my daughter's severe chlorine bleach allergy all she can drink is spring water. And, for reasons unknown to me, she'll only drink flavored spring water.

On past NCL cruises we've taken a case of water and some flavor powders which she mixes up and drinks all day long.

Her allergy is so severe we have to pre-notify the ship not to wash our bed linens and towels in bleach, and not clean the room prior to our arrival with bleach. The cruise lines, both NCL andd RCI, have respected these requests.

So you'd think, on the same grounds, we'd be allowed to carry a case of water onboard?

Sorry but I am one that will only drink bottled water on a cruise. On a previous cruise our water from the tap ran from clear to light brown off and on and it really put me off. I think everyone should be allowed to bring water if they opt to not drink the ship water.

Debinnova

See, this is what I'm talking about...I think there are enough of us out there that don't like/can't have the ships water that we should be able to bring our own.

For some reason the ship's water causes me retain water and swell. If it was just my waistline that got bigger I would say it's the food;). But by the third day my hands are so swollen that I can no longer wear my rings and my feet are swollen as well. Two days after I'm off the ship everything is back to normal - well at least with my hands and feet:rolleyes:. I wasn't convinced it was the water doing it so on one of our cruises I brought my own water just to test the theory and I didn't have the swelling problem. Not sure why this happens.:confused:

Archived