Menu Change

Patty421

Good news, at least with the Breeze you'll have other options besides the MDR.

You can easily make a meal out of the food in the Red Frog, Italian, Steakhouse and Sushi. Also the Blue Iguana and Guys for lunch/late lunch.

Hope you enjoy the Breeze..we did!

Yeah we always do the steak house one night and are looking forward to the Italian restaurant. I can always find something for lunch, I'm ok with a burger or sandwich. I just hope they will change the dinning room dinner menu soon.

the menu that is out now is not all that old. r they really cchanging it by the end of the year

Its old enough. We went on the Dream in 2010 and just got off the Splendor and it was the same food.

Just trust me

I really hope you are right. How did you heard about this? I don't remember John saying anything about it.

The poster claims to have inside information. Has stated on several threads things that are going to happen but have not happened still as of yet and no way to back up the information.

The menus that Carnival has right now is fairly new for Carnival. Yes they are a couple of years old but that is not very old at all for Carnival.

Careful what you wish for on change...last time they changed to comfort foods and didja. IMHO...not for the better.

Carnival will change the menus the end of summer 2013 or the beginning of fall 2013.

That would really surprise me....the menu isn't that old, especially with the addition of the Didja, Comfort Food and Punchliners menus.......I've sailed with Carnival a 2+ times a year since 2001 and I've only seen a major overhaul of the menu 2 times (not including the adding of the above mentioned items and the other specialty restaurants......)

I started out with one menu and several years later they introduced the George somebody menu, then after 5 or so years they changed to the current menu then started adding the Didja and stuff like that.

As long as there's food, I'm happy!

Really??? I have to say that their menu changes in the past have NOT been for the better......while it appears that they are trying to keep prices lower (which have also been on the rise), it is through many cuts onboard....with FOOD (quality and choice) being the most major cutback. There are nights where there is NOTHING really appealing on their menus....had salmon 3 nights on last cruise due to mediocre choices...should have gone to Lido for buffet fare instead.

If you had enjoyed CCL's finer menus in the past, I don't think you would be happy with current food/menus of today....ANY food, just because it's food does NOT make us HAPPY cruisers....sorry!

Really??? I have to say that their menu changes in the past have NOT been for the better......while it appears that they are trying to keep prices lower (which have also been on the rise), it is through many cuts onboard....with FOOD (quality and choice) being the most major cutback. There are nights where there is NOTHING really appealing on their menus....had salmon 3 nights on last cruise due to mediocre choices...should have gone to Lido for buffet fare instead.

If you had enjoyed CCL's finer menus in the past, I don't think you would be happy with current food/menus of today....ANY food, just because it's food does NOT make us HAPPY cruisers....sorry!

I didn't say it made you happy. I said it makes me happy! We think the food is always great!

Yeah def have to agree. There was more than one night where I didn't like any of the choices and the dessert choices are even worse.

Just sailed in January/February on the Glory. I was happy with my choices. We cruise twice a year on carnival. Yes the menu gets the same ole same look over. We know to avoid the MDR on night 3.

I have not seen salmon offered three nights-- is that on the anytime menu?

the lido offers the same menu as the dining room minus a few items.

I didn't say it made you happy. I said it makes me happy! We think the food is always great!

Exactly right..........I have no complaints about the menu and/or the buffet or specialty restaurants on the ships I've been on....I choose entree's that I know will hold up to convention style food.....and I'm almost never disappointed and have NEVER sent an entree back.........

As long as there's food, I'm happy!

That's really the bottom line, all this other 'stuff' about menus, and anything else about the food onboard is really trivial...doesn't really matter at all! ;)

John did mention that there is a change in the future. He didn't let me know when but I am sailing in Sept. and I was told that the menu's might not be the same as has been posted. Will have to wait and see.

tigercat

I cruise once a year on Carnival and enjoy the heart healthy entrees for dinner and enjoy trying samples of items that I would not ordinarily have at home. But there are items (i.e. cold soups) that I have every year and in fact look forward to, and would be highly disappointed if Carnival did not have it.

Bottom line..I am fine with Carnival's MDR offerings and glad they only do minor tweets to their menu...IMHO it's your evening tablemates that make a great dining experience more then the food.

Archived