Anyone ever take the light rail from sea-tac to the Mayflower Park hotel?

We'll be arriving in Seattle the day before our cruise and will be staying at the Mayflower Park Hotel. We were told the hotel is right next to the station, but is it that difficult to get to at the airport? It will be just my husband and me, and we each most likely will have a large suitcase and a carry-on. Is this doable?

Easy if you can walk a bit.

Follow the signs to the train, it's thru the parking lot.

DD and I did it last June with 22" carryons. The only problem is that the seats/aisles are not large enough to accomodate large luggage. You will have to stand with the suitcases in the bike area.

As long as you can manage your luggage for a 7-9 minute walk, the light rail station isn't difficult to reach. It's level and covered the entire way. When you retrieve your luggage from baggage claim, take an elevator or escalator up 1 floor, walk cross the skybridge into the garage, then follow the signs to the Light Rail station.

There isn't a designated area for luggage in each car, but the aisles are wide so you can sit with the luggage at your feet.

How do you get from Pier 91 Princess dock(?) to the Mayflower? Taxi?

A taxi would be the easiest and most efficient .. probably $20.

There is shared ride service to downtown hotels with shuttleexpress and seattle express for $10-$12 pp

If you have a smartphone, Über offers UberX in this market, which is the same price as a medallion cab, tipping prohibited, and all the cars are new, clean, well-maintained hybrids.

We'll be arriving in Seattle the day before our cruise and will be staying at the Mayflower Park Hotel. We were told the hotel is right next to the station, but is it that difficult to get to at the airport? It will be just my husband and me, and we each most likely will have a large suitcase and a carry-on. Is this doable?

The Light Rail is definitely doable and it's a great ride. Buy your ticket at one of the kiosks before boarding. The walk from baggage pick up to the SeaTac station is a little long but very convenient. We put our bags in the bicycle area and sat near them incase we needed to move them. The price is excellent (especially if your a senior). At the Westlake station take an elevator to street level.

Thanks everyone. Looks like we'll go ahead and take the light rail to the hotel. Seems easy enough. The price is so cheap, we'll be able to have more spending money for sightseeing. We do plan to take a taxi from the hotel to the pier though. Three weeks from today and we leave for Seattle!

Three weeks from today and we leave for Seattle!

We're having spectacular weather right now. Hopefully it will be as nice when you visit. Check out this view from the Space Needle. http://www.spaceneedle.com/view/webcam.html

Your hotel is next door to the monorail, so easy access to the Seattle Center/Space Needle.

And only a few blocks from the Market ... go early the monring of your cruise to avoid the crowds. Check out of the hotel, leave your bags with the desk, then sightsee for a few hours, then collect your luggage and catch a cab to the pier.

Have a great trip!

We are staying at the Mayflower the night before the cruise too but we're on NCL so I think Pier 66? We want to spend the morning at Pike Place. What would we do with the luggage? leave at hotel? Store at port? Not sure logistically what is best. Thank you!

We are staying at the Mayflower the night before the cruise too but we're on NCL so I think Pier 66? We want to spend the morning at Pike Place. What would we do with the luggage? leave at hotel? Store at port? Not sure logistically what is best. Thank you!

Your close enough to walk to Pike Place from the Hotel so I would ask them to hold the luggage then walk back to the hotel and take the shuttle to the pier (I know the hotel offers shuttle vouchers if you've chosen the cruise package.

Archived