Everything Norwegian Sun

Hello everyone.

We are considering the 11 night Sun in March 2014. We have sailed on Disney and Carnival, and this summer (August 2013) we will be on Royal Caribbean.

I would like to know:

-How are the shows?

- the food?

- is there enough to do on the cruise?

I think we will be considering an inside cabin, but I'm not quite sure yet. Could be a balcony when this is all said and done.

Any tips for first time Norwegioners?

All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sun is a amazing ship.. Spent 14 days on her.. I love the food.. The sports bar have amazing wings service is spotty sometimes... But try Moderno Brizilian steakhouse It is simply amazing!!! lots of shows every night plus the white hot party liars club newlyed game perfect couple...since your cruise is longer than my 7 days Im sure there will be lots more.. something different every night..

The Sun's balcony cabins are just slightly bigger than the ones on the other ships. Also, the balcony itself is slightly bigger. For an 11 day cruise, I certainly recommend a balcony cabin. The Sun is slightly smaller than most of the other ships and the layout and design is somewhat different. It takes a little getting use to but we've been on her twice, with another booked already. We like her very much.

I spent 9 days on the Sun in an inside cabin last November. I have booked the same cabin for a 22 day cruise in the Fall of 2014.

The Sun is a great ship with a wonderful staff. One of the Main Dining Rooms is just off the lobby and a little coffee shop is also off the lobby. All the way forward on Deck 12 is an Observation Lounge with lots outside area. Great place to watch pulling into a port or leaving.

I hope that you will enjoy your cruise.

I spent 9 days on the Sun in an inside cabin last November. I have booked the same cabin for a 22 day cruise in the Fall of 2014.

The Sun is a great ship with a wonderful staff. One of the Main Dining Rooms is just off the lobby and a little coffee shop is also off the lobby. All the way forward on Deck 12 is an Observation Lounge with lots outside area. Great place to watch pulling into a port or leaving.

I hope that you will enjoy your cruise.

Alright thanks. Nothing is set in stone yet, as it's not even booked. We are just exploring the options and the Sun happened to catch our interest. :)

Thanks for the link. Love the photos. One question. Is the Sun mainly an adult ship? I see mainly adults in the pics. I am 16 now, but I will be 17 when we cruise. Is there much for a teenager to do?

Hard to say. I see quite a few teens on the Caribbean cruises out around the pool area. However, I think NCL must be somewhere between Carnival and Holland American for age groups. Carnival has more younger guest I believe and Holland American is a much older and more formal group. Teen is a bad time....to young to drink and too old to just play. If you're cruising during a school vacation time, should be other teens to meet.

Hard to say. I see quite a few teens on the Caribbean cruises out around the pool area. However, I think NCL must be somewhere between Carnival and Holland American for age groups. Carnival has more younger guest I believe and Holland American is a much older and more formal group. Teen is a bad time....to young to drink and too old to just play. If you're cruising during a school vacation time, should be other teens to meet.

Alright, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Right now this cruise is just me and my mom. this cruise will be my grade 12 graduation cruise. I am wondering if I will be able to get into any of the comedy's? Is there an adults only area like the Solarium on Royal Caribbean and if so, what is the age?

Right now this cruise is just me and my mom. this cruise will be my grade 12 graduation cruise. I am wondering if I will be able to get into any of the comedy's? Is there an adults only area like the Solarium on Royal Caribbean and if so, what is the age?

We were on the Sun a couple of years ago and I think I remember teens at the comedy act. The guy they had then asked if there where any guests under 21 at the late show. If there where any kids, he kept it clean..... well somewhat clean. :) I don't remember any areas posted adult only, but I have only sailed her once and I may have missed it.

We were on the Sun a couple of years ago and I think I remember teens at the comedy act. The guy they had then asked if there where any guests under 21 at the late show. If there where any kids, he kept it clean..... well somewhat clean. :) I don't remember any areas posted adult only, but I have only sailed her once and I may have missed it.

Thanks so much! This helps out a lot! I hope there is enough for me to do without feeling bored and such.

Thank you for the pics. I upgraded to a balcony. Now I know what I'm getting. Do you remember if there is a night stand near the bed?

Sorry...I don't remember. We've been in mini suites on the other ships lately, and they do have a small one next to the bed on the side near the wall (actually next to the closet on the minis). But don't remember about the Sun.

Hi Calm Blue Ocean,

I have teen-aged children. Our experience suggests that timing plays a key role in determining how many other children and teens will be on board. We sail in the summer and on spring break and have always found lots of young people, even on HAL (that was summer in Alaska with lots of kids!). It seems that you have already been on a few cruises, so forgive me if you already know this....Most teens go to the first evening mixers and make some new friends there. It seems to set the tone for the rest of the cruise. I hope you enjoy whichever you choose.

Sorry...I don't remember. We've been in mini suites on the other ships lately, and they do have a small one next to the bed on the side near the wall (actually next to the closet on the minis). But don't remember about the Sun.
That is OK. I really did like your pics. Simple and to the point.:)

Adult shows are 18 inless with a parent

Thank you for the pics. I upgraded to a balcony. Now I know what I'm getting. Do you remember if there is a night stand near the bed?

Yes they are on all ships and rooms I've been in including balcony on the sun

I am not trying to get flamed here, as there a lot of posters on here who like the Sun. We have generally enjoyed NCL, but we wouldn't sail on this ship again. And seeing that your previous cruises are on newer ships, I would hesitate to recommend this one. We were in a suite with a old tube-style tv, some of the public rooms were dark and dreary, a lot of greasy pub-style food, and I think since you are younger, there are much better ships for you in the NCL fleet. We are in our 30s, so are much older than you, but it didn't seem as if there were many younger people (and this was a 7-day Alaska trip). I think this ship works better for those who don't have much previous cruise experience, as it's a very basic ship with very little that is of an elevated level. I suggest reading all you can about this ship and researching reviews. Only you can decide what is best for you, but in 20+ plus cruises, this is the only ship I avoid when checking out itineraries.

Michael

Archived