Cruise & Travel Magazine

FireEater

I used to get this magazine when I wasn't on the internet all the time. I quit getting it years ago because I could find whatever info I needed on the internet and on this board. Now that this thread reminded me of it again I think I'm going to order it again. It always made me happy getting it in the mail. I need more "happy"!:)

I wouldn't pay $35./yr., but I'd pay $12.

Have you found that it's worth the $$? :confused: Just curious...

I did get my cheap subscription in case anyone was wondering (the $12 one posted above worked awesome) and it worked out fine for me

I think its worth it just for the ship reviews they do once a month, they do different cruise lines and different pictures showing the ship and they have al lot of customer comments like on here and very few ads.I would order it again especially if I wasn't a part of this community it has some good info

Thanks Helen for this link. I used to get through another discount magazine site but I think it went out of business. $11.90 is a great price!

I use them for the few magazines we get, not just CT. They are ALWAYS considerably cheaper then the publisher's subscription rate. And yes, for what comes to $2 an issue, I think it's a good deal. The editorials are always fun to read. Good and extensive write-up with lots of photos of the featured "ship of the month". Also good articles about the "port of the month". Having cruised for many years, I always enjoy the "where are they now" articles. Unfortunately, so many of great ships we've traveled on have now, even after seeing a "2nd life" have been scrapped. Anyway...it's an enjoyable read and I'd recommend it to any cruise buff. Sorry....when I did the quote, the "www.slickmagazines.com" wasn't included.

Edited by marco

I did get my cheap subscription in case anyone was wondering (the $12 one posted above worked awesome) and it worked out fine for me

I think its worth it just for the ship reviews they do once a month, they do different cruise lines and different pictures showing the ship and they have al lot of customer comments like on here and very few ads.I would order it again especially if I wasn't a part of this community it has some good info

Thanks, I just ordered our subscription!

Looks like the same Cruise Travel Magazine is being offered for $11.90 for a yearly subscription (6 issues) here at:

http://www.slickmagazines.com/travel-vacations/37-cruise-travel.html

;)

Isn't this the same one? :confused:

~Helen~

Thanks for this link! I checked around and this is the cheapest price I've seen! I ordered it just now.

If you are interested in back issues from 1970's through about 2009, try this link: http://books.google.com/books?id=kC0DAAAAMBAJ&lr=&rview=1&source=gbs_navlinks_s

The quality is great. You can read the magazines in their entirety, but you cannot print or save them.

I was trying to find out if our Monarch of the Seas cruise in 1993 stopped at Antigua. The Monarch of the Seas is the ship of the month for November 1992. The article included the itinerary. And yes, we did stop in Antigua. The reason I wanted to know is that we will be back there next week.

I used to pick up the magazine at a bookstore, but it became a pain to go get one. I hate to subscribe to magazines because they sell mailing lists. But I may make an exception.

Gordon

I just ordered it too.

For the price, even a few tips will pay off.

Plus, I recycle my old mags to my DH medical office.NO OLD mags there.haha.

Pts.really appreciate that, even give many to those that ask or send them on to a nursing home.

Love to try new ships,itinerary,etc.Take quite a few Travel Mags,but not one for cruises.Look forward to first copy.:)